Derek Fisher is such a humble man

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Im a Lakers Fan so of course I like Fisher, but I really do think he is a very humble person.
Thursday night my friend spotted him out at the Biltmore Plaza out here in AZ eating at the Cheesecake Factory, like come one would imagine him at an upscale restaurant, goes to show he is a very simple man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You people are so easily amazed. "Aww man Kobe went to go see Transformers he's so down to earth"  _'s eat at Cheescake Factory everyday B.

The only thing I don't like about him, is when he drives to the rim trying to lay it up and fails every time. Other than that I have no problems with him.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Originally Posted by WallaceFactor

1) Flopper...cheap player overall
2) Takes some of the worst shots I have ever seen
3) Gets too much credit for being a clutch shooter

4) Might be the worst starting PG in the NBA, other than the combo of Earl Watson/TJ Ford/AJ Price in Indy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry, I had to laugh at this one particular post.. Because this is complete ignorance. Know what you're talking about before you post next time.

Fisher flops, but honestly, who in the league doesn't flop nowadays? It's happening more and more. Take Dragic's fake on Vujacic's hit for example... Fisher is probably one of the smartest players in the league today, he 'flops' but it helps his team win. Worst shots ever? Have you not seen one Laker game in your life? He takes some hard shots but not the worse shots... What separates a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not... And this guy makes em

I seriously doubt you watched last year's Finals.. Or even the past Lakers series for that matter... Did you forget Fisher's 0.4 game winner? Or his 3-pointer in OT against the Magic last year? I can go on and on and on... And you're telling me this guy gets too much credit for a clutch shooter 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Go watch some NBA games fam
laugh.gif

This. WallaceFactor knows nothing about basketball. His hatred is almost as terrible as SHUGES and that one LeBron ********r. $+!*
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

Its easy to come off as humble when you have the best players around you and your always winning

funny how fishers daughter eye doctor is out in NY

hmm i couldve swore Utah is closer to NY than LA is

hate that guy, used his daughters illness to get a starting job back in LA cuz he sure as hell wasnt gonna get it in Utah
Does he get credit for taking an 8 million pay cut to return home for more PT on a contender (he spent his career there and it's his family's home) or is their some way to twist that too?  

Hes the worst starting PG in the league. He can't play real defense, the rules allow him to play that garbage that he calls defense. A bigger player can't post up on him because he hacks/flops. On offense, he can't run plays, he can't penetrate and dish, and again, the rules allow him to be effective on offense. He just dribbles into the defender, throws his hands up, and gets to the line. I'm convinced he can't run a 2 on 1 fast break or make a layup in transition. I'll give him credit because he doesnt try to do too much and hes one of the clutchest shooters in playoff history. Here is one reason why Fisher is trash: http://www.youtube.com/wa...mp;feature=related  - this video shows an 'offensive foul' on Monta Ellis during the end of the game when the Warriors were down 1 possession. Basically, the refs gave the Lakers the ball and ended the game
sick.gif

LOL...Fisher was taken to 7 NBA finals. He was given 4 rings by Shaq, Kobe and company. Derek Fisher wouldnt start on 95% of the teams in the NBA. The only reason he's been a starter on the Lakers all these years is because the team plays a system that does not require exceptional play from the PG position.

The guy has averaged 9 ppg 3 apg and 2 rpg over his career. He's a career 40% shooter. Only Laker fans would hype up such a mediocre player.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Originally Posted by WallaceFactor

1) Flopper...cheap player overall
2) Takes some of the worst shots I have ever seen
3) Gets too much credit for being a clutch shooter

4) Might be the worst starting PG in the NBA, other than the combo of Earl Watson/TJ Ford/AJ Price in Indy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry, I had to laugh at this one particular post.. Because this is complete ignorance. Know what you're talking about before you post next time.

Fisher flops, but honestly, who in the league doesn't flop nowadays? It's happening more and more. Take Dragic's fake on Vujacic's hit for example... Fisher is probably one of the smartest players in the league today, he 'flops' but it helps his team win. Worst shots ever? Have you not seen one Laker game in your life? He takes some hard shots but not the worse shots... What separates a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not... And this guy makes em

I seriously doubt you watched last year's Finals.. Or even the past Lakers series for that matter... Did you forget Fisher's 0.4 game winner? Or his 3-pointer in OT against the Magic last year? I can go on and on and on... And you're telling me this guy gets too much credit for a clutch shooter 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Go watch some NBA games fam
laugh.gif
To be fair, I could have not posted #3. He does make big shots, but it's getting more and more annoying when after EVERY shot that Fisher makes (in the 4th quarter), the announcers say "And Fisher with ANOTHER big shot"...come on, he is clutch, but sometimes he makes shots because any NBA could and should make those shots, not because he's Derek Fisher.
But honestly, he flops so much on defense and, according to his demeanor, when the refs blow the whistle on him, he has never committed a foul in his life! 

And maybe he does not take the "worse" shots in the league, but he takes shots that completely mess up the flow of the game...he is an intelligent player for the most part, but I am surprised by his poor shot selection.  

And "Lettishine24", obviously you are a Lakers fan. And yeah, I know absolutely nothing about basketball. 
smile.gif

^there are two places (one in LA and the other in NY) that have the best care for his kid. That's why utah released him despite his contract...

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

He screwed the Jazz over.

how? 

It wasnt like he was their franchise player.

wasnt like he was going to carry them to the championship 

how? 

It wasnt like he was there franchise player.

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

how? 

It wasnt like he was there franchise player.

Im sayin though. Dudes are in here saying he isnt that great of a player, yet are mad at him, sitting here acting like he ruined the Jazz organization. If hes a bum, why do yall care if he "screwed over" the jazz?

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Its easy to come off as humble when you have the best players around you and your always winning

hate that guy, used his daughters illness to get a starting job back in LA cuz he sure as hell wasnt gonna get it in Utah
Does he get credit for taking an 8 million pay cut to return home for more PT on a contender (he spent his career there and it's his family's home) or is their some way to twist that too?  
Dude missed Kobe's @+*$ so much that he used his daughters illness to get out of his Utah contract.

Fish had the nerve to say "All I know how to do is win"
roll.gif
roll.gif
, his bum +## wasn't winning in Golden State or Utah.

Robert Horry's daughter was sick while he was with the Lakers, she was getting care in Houston.  He was honorable enough to finish out his contract and then go to San Antonio.

He didn't take much of a pay cut.  Utah bought him out, so he got a chunk of change, but I'm sure Utah was
frown.gif
when he went to the Lakers.

Dude was an overpaid bum in Utah, couldn't handle that title, so he got himself out of the contract and went back under Kobe's shadow.

--Fail. 1. There were eye doctors available in LA or NY. 2. Cali is like 2 states away from Utah. Someone failed in geography.

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

how? 

It wasnt like he was their franchise player.

He also lost $8 million on that fat contract he got from the Warriors when he asked to be released from that contract by the Jazz.

Also the Jazz owner & management didn't have to release him out of that contract and could have said "No tough luck you have to stay and honor your contract" .

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Hes the worst starting PG in the league. He can't play real defense, the rules allow him to play that garbage that he calls defense. A bigger player can't post up on him because he hacks/flops. On offense, he can't run plays, he can't penetrate and dish, and again, the rules allow him to be effective on offense. He just dribbles into the defender, throws his hands up, and gets to the line. I'm convinced he can't run a 2 on 1 fast break or make a layup in transition. I'll give him credit because he doesnt try to do too much and hes one of the clutchest shooters in playoff history. Here is one reason why Fisher is trash: http://www.youtube.com/wa...mp;feature=related  - this video shows an 'offensive foul' on Monta Ellis during the end of the game when the Warriors were down 1 possession. Basically, the refs gave the Lakers the ball and ended the game
sick.gif
Because I was in attendance at that game, that was just downright
sick.gif
and
indifferent.gif
. And that game thread got incredibly ugly, since so many of you Laker fans couldn't admit he flopped and that it was a downright disgusting and horrible call.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Fail. 1. There were eye doctors available in LA or NY. 2. Cali is like 2 states away from Utah. Someone failed in geography.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Is this thread on the shortbus route or did something go over my head?
He doesn't know what side of the country Utah is on. 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom