Depressing numbers about D.C. sports

moz-screenshot-1.png
Here are some fun numbers about Washington sports, circa now.
2-15 That's the combined record of the Wizards, Caps and ******** in the month of December. The Wizards have chipped in a 1-6 mark, the Caps contributed a 1-7 (counting overtime losses as losses), and the Skins have provided two losses. That's a combined winning percentage of .118. At least the Nats haven't lost.

0-12 That's the Wizards' record on the road. It's the worst road record in the NBA. Only the 0-11 Clippers are also winless on the road.

Know what else? Through five decades of mostly mediocrity, the Packers/Bullets/Wizards have never started a season worse than 0-8 on the road. The franchise started 0-8 on the road in 2006 and 1961, 0-7 on the road in 1986, and 0-6 on the road in 2008, 1971, 1966 and 1962. They play at New Jersey on Thursday night.

6 That's the number of major statistical categories in which the ******** rank either 31st or 32nd in the NFL. The NFL has 32 teams, by the way. The Skins are last in yards allowed per game (394.
glasses.gif
, last in rushing yards allowed per attempt (4.9), last in field-goal percentage (69 percent), last in quarterback hits allowed (88) and second-to-last in third-down percentage (29 percent) and net punting average (33.
glasses.gif

0.88 That's the decline in goals-per-game for the Caps from last season to this season. Last year, they were at 3.82 per game, more than a half-goal better than anyone else in the NHL. This year, they're stuck at 2.94, good for 10th in the league.
Link

and Right now (Since the Skins don't have a practice bubble and it's snowing) They are training at the local gym.
indifferent.gif

moz-screenshot-1.png
Here are some fun numbers about Washington sports, circa now.
2-15 That's the combined record of the Wizards, Caps and ******** in the month of December. The Wizards have chipped in a 1-6 mark, the Caps contributed a 1-7 (counting overtime losses as losses), and the Skins have provided two losses. That's a combined winning percentage of .118. At least the Nats haven't lost.

0-12 That's the Wizards' record on the road. It's the worst road record in the NBA. Only the 0-11 Clippers are also winless on the road.

Know what else? Through five decades of mostly mediocrity, the Packers/Bullets/Wizards have never started a season worse than 0-8 on the road. The franchise started 0-8 on the road in 2006 and 1961, 0-7 on the road in 1986, and 0-6 on the road in 2008, 1971, 1966 and 1962. They play at New Jersey on Thursday night.

6 That's the number of major statistical categories in which the ******** rank either 31st or 32nd in the NFL. The NFL has 32 teams, by the way. The Skins are last in yards allowed per game (394.
glasses.gif
, last in rushing yards allowed per attempt (4.9), last in field-goal percentage (69 percent), last in quarterback hits allowed (88) and second-to-last in third-down percentage (29 percent) and net punting average (33.
glasses.gif

0.88 That's the decline in goals-per-game for the Caps from last season to this season. Last year, they were at 3.82 per game, more than a half-goal better than anyone else in the NHL. This year, they're stuck at 2.94, good for 10th in the league.
Link

and Right now (Since the Skins don't have a practice bubble and it's snowing) They are training at the local gym.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

caps will be fine...they're
pimp.gif
and the class of DC sports right now.

OVI BABY!
pimp.gif

did you watch the 24/7? i dont even like hockey but i like the Caps now because that guy is a badass 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

caps will be fine...they're
pimp.gif
and the class of DC sports right now.

OVI BABY!
pimp.gif

did you watch the 24/7? i dont even like hockey but i like the Caps now because that guy is a badass 
laugh.gif

Anyone else remember everyone hyping up D.C. sports in the SUMMER?
WALL, McNABB, STRASBURG.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone else remember everyone hyping up D.C. sports in the SUMMER?
WALL, McNABB, STRASBURG.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

didnt realize it was a gravedig until I saw the Wizards record. I was like "when did they win a game?" Still sad tho

didnt realize it was a gravedig until I saw the Wizards record. I was like "when did they win a game?" Still sad tho

******** and Wizards have been awful, Nationals look like they might be on the come up. They got some talent.

******** and Wizards have been awful, Nationals look like they might be on the come up. They got some talent.

Nationals are moving in the right direction.Once they sign Prince Fielder and bring up Bryce Harper up.Exciting team. The wizards need to sign a big Free Agent. Get rid of the whole team excpet John Wall. ******** need a QB. Defense is pretty good. At least the Ravens do good most of the time.

Nationals are moving in the right direction.Once they sign Prince Fielder and bring up Bryce Harper up.Exciting team. The wizards need to sign a big Free Agent. Get rid of the whole team excpet John Wall. ******** need a QB. Defense is pretty good. At least the Ravens do good most of the time.

All of that is because we don't have a loyal fanbase. Everybody either likes other teams or is a transient anyway.

All of that is because we don't have a loyal fanbase. Everybody either likes other teams or is a transient anyway.

Back
Top Bottom