Denver Broncos waive Kyle Orton

good riddance.
pimp.gif

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...aive-former-qb-starter-kyle-orton-source-says

Originally Posted by PMatic

I imagine he'll be a Bear or Texan soon.

Edit:
@AndrewSiciliano Orton would have to get past Dolphins, Jags, Browns, ********, etc to get to the Bears or Texans.
Or not.

none of those teams are going anywhere so it would be ridiculous to pay the contract number. Bears???? hmmmm

BradBiggs Brad Biggs
Mike Klis of Denver Post reports Orton invited release from Broncos after Jay Cutler was injured. Would invite a return to Chicago.

wow the broncos made a ballsy move to keep tebow hopefully orton signs to the bears cuz they need a leader to fill in for cutler

If I'm reading into it right, that's a class move by the Broncos, this lets him have a chance to play which he would not since the trade deadline has passed. 

They don't get anything out of an asset, but do the "right" thing by Orton.  That's cool. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

If I'm reading into it right, that's a class move by the Broncos, this lets him have a chance to play which he would not since the trade deadline has passed. 

They don't get anything out of an asset, but do the "right" thing by Orton.  That's cool. 

yea your right def a class move but i be they shoot themselves in the foot for this one

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Broncos should have traded him when they had the chance

Orton nixed the trade to Miami. There was a 3 year/25 mill deal on the table that Orton rejected....

Ironically he could end up in Chicago - for the guy we traded for him to begin with.

I think he ends up in KC, though.   

Broncos showing they have no interest of the playoffs.

Yall are only 1 game out man.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Shoot...it could be a ploy to help Orton get back to Chicago (not to mention unload that $5 mill contract) in time for Oakland.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Football teams are too nice nowadays.

I can't believe they just cut him w/o some behind the scenes talking. Denver got an IOU coming their way ...
nerd.gif

its about time!!! he'll probably go back to the bears since he's already been in that system

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Broncos showing they have no interest of the playoffs.

Yall are only 1 game out man.

And they've been doing the winning with Tebow.

Not saying that Denver should switch QBs.
Im saying why give Orton to another contender when they are within striking distance of the playoffs.
Broncos still have Chicago, Miami and KC on schedule.

Just seems like a "we know we're not gunna make the playoffs move."

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by DREdwards

its about time!!! he'll probably go back to the bears since he's already been in that system

Different system.
Yeah he didn't get to play in the Martz era...but he is familiar with alot of players on that team and people in the Organization..
As a Bears fan..................I see him ending up with KC

Back
Top Bottom