Denmark introduces world's first food fat tax *Paging finn*

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

[h1]Denmark introduces world's first food fat tax[/h1]However, some scientists think saturated fat may be the wrong target.

They say salt, sugar and refined carbohydrates are more detrimental to health and should be tackled instead.

Who are these scientists and what research do they provide to back up their opinions? If I'm not mistaken, saturated fats directly contribute to the bad kind of cholesterol. While salt and sugar can be bad, those are actually required by our bodies to function optimally.

Refined carbs are bad as well, but I don't think they contribute to poor health as much as saturated fats.

Good for Denmark. America NEEDS this kind of tax.

Yeas but Fats in general are needed for the body to maintain itself. It provides cholesterol needed to maintain the fluidity of your cells

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

like dude up there said, i'm skinny. i have good chol and bp. let me eat what the +#@$ i want to eat, why should i have to suffer because a bunch of fat #*! #@%@* can't control their intake? p.s. i hate fat people

Citizens should have their BMI posted on their license, and if it's above the national average, the tax would then apply to them.  EZ. 

The tax can then be used to fund the education system, so they have nothing to whine about.  The education system can then use the money to better educate their students about safe sex, instead of abstinence; thus reducing the tax dollars used to fund pregnant teens.

so much win.
You know that every athlete would test above that BMI limit, yes? Body fat % would be a better indicator.

This coming from a country known for making awesome pastries that are high in fat and cholesterol. This is like the Swiss banning concealed weapons.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

This coming from a country known for making awesome pastries that are high in fat and cholesterol. This is like the Swiss banning concealed weapons.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by copped

makes sense...if health care is going to be free (for the most part)...then we are going to tax you for making bad choices that put strain on the system...

good logic is good.

I came here to say almost exactly this, but I would rephrase it.
If healthcare is going to be state run, and all people are going to be contributing through taxes, then those who choose to eat unhealthy food should be taxed more. It simply isn't fair to those who choose to eat healthily. 

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom