*| | Denim _ School | |*

Nt pham,

Could any regular tailor taper to dark grey jeans to the exact (or close to) specifications of the light grey ? The light grey pair are 511's, the dark pair are straight leg.

I ask, because all the times ive had jeans tailored, they only did it from the knee down.

^ Yes, go to your tailor and tell him/her what you want.

Let him/her pin it down to show you what it'd look like (final fit-wise).

I need some help I currently wear Levi's 511 I wanna try some raw denim, which brand should I get, naked and famous , nudies, APC, G Star also which fit is similar to the Levi's 511 or 510

I lost a little bit of weight so some of my denim is just loose at the waist area now compared to when it was fitted after the initial stretching.

If I ever need to wash, I would hand wash using Cold water and a little bit of woolite dark.

Now can I use Hot water instead to get it to shrink a little or is that a bad idea?

I lost a little bit of weight so some of my denim is just loose at the waist area now compared to when it was fitted after the initial stretching.

If I ever need to wash, I would hand wash using Cold water and a little bit of woolite dark.

Now can I use Hot water instead to get it to shrink a little or is that a bad idea?

you’ll be fine with hot water. they’ll shrink, but they’ll also stretch back out after some wear

I gave a pair of APC to Self Edge about a month ago and still haven't heard anything from them. They told me the turn around would be 2-3 weeks. They never pick up their phone. This is Self Edge NY btw.

Last edited:
damn, shoot hem an email or stop by if possible. they could be backed up, but still should give you an update.

i need to drop off my Onis at Self Edge SF for repairs

Ok, I actually called and they called me too. So they called me about a week ago but I never received a voicemail. Going to pick them up on Monday. I'll post pics of the repairs.

I'll try and see if I have any pics of all the blowouts to give you guys an idea of how damaged it was.

I gave a pair of APC to Self Edge about a month ago and still haven't heard anything from them. They told me the turn around would be 2-3 weeks. They never pick up their phone. This is Self Edge NY btw.

Never dealt with them but I only use Blue Owl after I visited their shop last year.

I've sent a couple of pairs their way and every time they email me when they receive them and when they ship back. Top notch service.

Never dealt with them but I only use Blue Owl after I visited their shop last year.

I've sent a couple of pairs their way and every time they email me when they receive them and when they ship back. Top notch service.
Blue Owl is one of my favourite shops ever. Always make the time to stop by whenever I'm in Seattle.

Last edited:
Blue Owl had a mysterious package sale a few years back. I belive I paid about 150 for two pears of Naked and Famous. They randomly select what you get. I got a Indigo and Arctic pear. Been in love with raw denim ever since.

anyone know about how much it cost to repair a crotch blow out? and anyone know a good tailor in SF for this repair 

Just took the plunge on a pair of Oni 506 Secret denim

Really love all of the measurements but a little worried about the lower rise. Fingers crossed

So I got my APC back from self edge and I must say with the amount of damage that was done they did a really good job. Just some insight when I initial had the crotch blow out I tried fixing it my self and sewing it. But I just kept making it worse. I felt like a real craftsman, haha. But I was just loosing a lot of denim and before I took them in I cut all the sewing strings and threads and it was just a gigantic whole. They fixed up part of my back pocket as well. Here's some pics. And the damage was 40 even.

looks great!

i really need to stop being lazy and take my Onis in :smh:

Back
Top Bottom