*| | Denim _ School | |*

I don't have any full body pics right now but I can take some for ya tomorrow though. And are you looking on Karmaloop or Embellish's site?

If you can would be appreciated.

I am on embellishs website Checking karmaloop now. Can these be had at a lower price?

If you can would be appreciated.

I am on embellishs website Checking karmaloop now. Can these be had at a lower price?
Karmaloop will give you the best deal, especially with the Cyber Monday codes they have going on right now. And here are two pics I just happened to have saved on my phone. I'll take better ones tomorrow though

Anybody here a fan of Embellish NYC Denim? Awesome Balmain-styled biker jeans for less than $150 (and even cheaper if you buy them thru Karmaloop). I own several pairs so I'd love to share knowledge with anyone interested :D

Good looking mane. Bout to order 2 purrs. Repped

Post pics if you do ^

Also if someone can answer my question on naked and famous fit on the page back I would appreciate it .

Post pics if you do ^

Also if someone can answer my question on naked and famous fit on the page back I would appreciate it .
Are petit new standards the skinny fit?  If so then yeah the skinny fit would probably be the most similar.  Though honestly your best bet is to measure your denim and compare to online measurements.  

you do know that most RRL is made from japanese denim right??
Yeah, I do realize that, but for the price of RRL there are many Japanese brands around that price range with superior quality. Plus, just about every brand uses some Japanese milled denim now. There are even Chinese brands that are priced very well with great quality too.  I do understand OP's interest in RRL as OP can actually try a pair of RRL compared to other companies overseas or just not in OP's area. I'm a little biased cause I am Japanese and a good amount of Japanese fits suit me well. For reference I'm currently wearing Samurai s710xx 19oz's and my past jeans have been Gap 1969's, APC New Standard (2008, before the switch to *** denim), and SEXI08 BK's.
do your thing but if you care about fit quality or want something other then just raw denim it's something you should check out

Japanese denim is great and all I'm sure I just like to be able to try on my jeans before I buy them
In regards to not being able to try denim on, I pretty much know the measurements I want from my previous denim purchases (The downside is that it took me years to figure out what cut(s) I like). I don't think I'll ever buy denim that isn't raw haha. I like that the denim is able to mold to my body and shrinking my jeans to fit if they are unsanforized. The way raw denim stacks on top of shoes the same way every time is a characteristic I like since I don't hem. 

Are petit new standards the skinny fit?  If so then yeah the skinny fit would probably be the most similar.  Though honestly your best bet is to measure your denim and compare to online measurements.  
Just a heads up on the Naked and Famous Skinny Guy.

If you wear a 34 waist in Weird Guy... the 34 waist in Skinny guy will be hella tight.

I sized up to 36 in the Skinny Guy, but the bottom leg opening became far from skinny.

go to "Tate and Yoko" website, they have detailed and accurate measurements of all N&F products.

If you wear a 34 waist in Weird Guy... the 34 waist in Skinny guy will be hella tight.

I sized up to 36 in the Skinny Guy, but the bottom leg opening became far from skinny.

go to "Tate and Yoko" website, they have detailed and accurate measurements of all N&F products.

ya i wanted a fit like my apc PNS , which fit me perfect , ill check there site again

ya i wanted a fit like my apc PNS , which fit me perfect , ill check there site again
Use http://www.blueowl.us/ for the type of fabric and model you are looking into if they have it.  tateandyoko do not put specific measurements for different fabrics, eg they'll use the same weird guys measurements for the elephant 4s and for the indigo selvedge when they probably have slight variations in fit.  Also account for stretch, almost all denim will always stretch their measured waist size by about 1 inch or more after some wears.

yea they are sized differently by cut.  I'm a 33 in my weird guys but a 34 in slim guys.

Last edited:

Use http://www.blueowl.us/ for the type of fabric and model you are looking into if they have it.  tateandyoko do not put specific measurements for different fabrics, eg they'll use the same weird guys measurements for the elephant 4s and for the indigo selvedge when they probably have slight variations in fit.  Also account for stretch, almost all denim will always stretch their measured waist size by about 1 inch or more after some wears.

yea they are sized differently by cut.  I'm a 33 in my weird guys but a 34 in slim guys.
The Skinny Guy was too tight, because the rise crashed the meat.  It ruins the curve.

I haven't tried the new cuts w/ N&F, but it seems their cuts are either skin tight or baggy.  I like the NS (minus bubble but) w/ a bit more tapering though. hhaha

Anybody have these? I like the fitment. I'm used to wearing 7's for comfort so I don't want to go too extreme on the weight and stiffness.

Yeah, I do realize that, but for the price of RRL there are many Japanese brands around that price range with superior quality. Plus, just about every brand uses some Japanese milled denim now. There are even Chinese brands that are priced very well with great quality too.  I do understand OP's interest in RRL as OP can actually try a pair of RRL compared to other companies overseas or just not in OP's area. I'm a little biased cause I am Japanese and a good amount of Japanese fits suit me well. For reference I'm currently wearing Samurai s710xx 19oz's and my past jeans have been Gap 1969's, APC New Standard (2008, before the switch to *** denim), and SEXI08 BK's.

In regards to not being able to try denim on, I pretty much know the measurements I want from my previous denim purchases (The downside is that it took me years to figure out what cut(s) I like). I don't think I'll ever buy denim that isn't raw haha. I like that the denim is able to mold to my body and shrinking my jeans to fit if they are unsanforized. The way raw denim stacks on top of shoes the same way every time is a characteristic I like since I don't hem. 

I wasn't talking about RRL

black label is a different line then RRL. by all means stick with your exotic overseas denims bro, just giving people options

Was looking to start on a second pair in addition to my current APC Petit Standard's and finally settled on a pair of Rogue Territory Stanton's. Thanks to all in this thread who constantly share information/their experiences!

Last edited:
Copped a pair of G star's off Gilt today. I hope they are on point. Never had a pair before.

For the price of Uniqlo jeans, are they the "best" you can get in that price range?

I know most of you guys are in the higher price brackets for jeans, but it's not something I can afford at the moment so I wanted to gather opinions on those ones hehe.

Anybody have these? I like the fitment. I'm used to wearing 7's for comfort so I don't want to go too extreme on the weight and stiffness.
I had the 100stx from 3sixteen and all I can say is do not size down for those. if anything, sz 1 up.

For the price of Uniqlo jeans, are they the "best" you can get in that price range?

I know most of you guys are in the higher price brackets for jeans, but it's not something I can afford at the moment so I wanted to gather opinions on those ones hehe.
Yeah they're fine, I think they use the same denim mill as gap for their selvedge.

Back
Top Bottom