*| | Denim _ School | |*

damn is there any Selvedged light wash denim for under 100 for these summer days out here?

light washed denim cost more then raw already, so I doubt you could touch a selvedge pair for under 100, most start at 300$ or more. maybe if you catch some PRPS on sale

Lol at not spending over $40 on denim.
Then why you're in this thread??. Take that cheap talk else where
indifferent.gif
Reading is essential
laugh.gif
Maybe the word "not" is invisible to him.
Right, dudes on NT so quick to try and argue 
eyes.gif

For those of you in the market and looking for a sale right now:

Repped finally gonna replace some old Gap joints with the Baldwins. Pretty hype too my Denim Guru told me they were a good buy and I won't mind the cut much.

Quick question for you guys? do you usually tailor your denim I see the raw joints usually come pretty long. Where do you get it done at?

I go to a local dry cleaning/tailor spot to get any alterations done. I've also sent a pair out to a denim shop because I wanted hem chain stitched.

Since the topic is prices, are there any good/great quality jeans that aren't 300+??
Maybe around the 100 price range or lower...
I rly been looking at RRL denim for the longest, just can't bring myself to pay 300
For them. I completely struck out on that polo gate fiasco :smh:

^ check out nudies, APC, unbranded(best bet for $100 and under), naked and famous, 3sixteen, Baldwin denim, gap jeans.

I haven't really been in this thread that much. Lurked a little way back around page 10-20. I'm about to buy some good denim now and need some tips. I see APC, NF, and Nudie I think recommended a lot. Any good suggestions for a first pair

Info: 

29W x 30L

Skinny guy (Under 145)

Height: 5'6"

I haven't really been in this thread that much. Lurked a little way back around page 10-20. I'm about to buy some good denim now and need some tips. I see APC, NF, and Nudie I think recommended a lot. Any good suggestions for a first pair

Info: 

29W x 30L
Skinny guy (Under 145)

how much do you want to spend?

Info: 

29W x 30L
Skinny guy (Under 145)

What is your budget & what type of fit are you looking for (real skinny, skinny, slim, straight, etc...) ?

What is your budget & what type of fit are you looking for (real skinny, skinny, slim, straight, etc...) ?
Straight is always too baggy for me and never a good look. I'm in between slim and skinny jeans. Either or I guess. And my budget right now based off of what I've seen/read so far would be between $60-$120

how are Express shirts? see they have a 40% code Was thinking about copping some of the fitted 1mx shirts, are they too slim?

Straight is always too baggy for me and never a good look. I'm in between slim and skinny jeans. Either or I guess. And my budget right now based off of what I've seen/read so far would be between $60-$120

For $60-120 check out some of these options:

Unbranded (Tapered Fit) ---- $80-100
Naked & Famous (Wierd Guy/Skinny Guy) --- Can usually be found for $100-120 on sale online
Nudie (Don't know their fits) --- Can usually be found for around $120 on sale online. Harder to find at this price than N&F.
APC (Petit Standard or Petit New Standard) --- Retail for around $185, but at the right time of season or with coupon codes can be bought for around $120 if you look hard.
Gustin (Slim Fit) --- A kickstarter type brand that sells raw denim at wholesale prices. Ranges from $80-120 depending on denim weight/type. Takes 2-3 months to receive though and can't try on in a store (unless you are in San Fran)
Gap Selvedge Denim (Slim fit) -- Seems that a lot of us in here & the Dressing Better thread have or had a pair of these. I think they retail at $98, but GAP is always having sales and a lot of us got pairs for $20 at the end of 2013. The denim quality is pretty good for the price & definitely worth it if you need a cheap pair and can get them for $50 or less. Uniqlo used to be similar, but their denim quality is now crap.

Hope that helps a bit...

Last edited:

For $60-120 check out some of these options:

Unbranded (Tapered Fit) ---- $80-100
Naked & Famous (Wierd Guy/Skinny Guy) --- Can usually be found for $100-120 on sale online
Nudie (Don't know their fits) --- Can usually be found for around $120 on sale online. Harder to find at this price than N&F.
APC (Petit Standard or Petit New Standard) --- Retail for around $185, but at the right time of season or with coupon codes can be bought for around $120 if you look hard.
Gustin (Slim Fit) --- A kickstarter type brand that sells raw denim at wholesale prices. Ranges from $80-120 depending on denim weight/type. Takes 2-3 months to receive though and can't try on in a store (unless you are in San Fran)
Gap Selvedge Denim (Slim fit) -- Seems that a lot of us in here & the Dressing Better thread have or had a pair of these. I think they retail at $98, but GAP is always having sales and a lot of us got pairs for $20 at the end of 2013. The denim quality is pretty good for the price & definitely worth it if you need a cheap pair and can get them for $50 or less. Uniqlo used to be similar, but their denim quality is now crap.

Hope that helps a bit...
Lot of Unbranded slander been going on around here.. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I think they're fine - but if your max is $120, any of those brands are feasible for that amount if you're patient. Check the sales that have been posted in the past pages or stalk the forums (Hypebeast, Style Forum) and their marketplaces for deals, especially on APC. Good luck. 

Thanks all for the help. Looks like N&F is the top choice. I'll check out those blogs and eBay this weekend and make my choice

Back
Top Bottom