*| | Denim _ School | |*

I got my prps' today. How much will they (the waist in particular) stretch? They seem really nice and comfortable. Only thing I don't really like is they have pre-made whiskers.

I got my prps' today. How much will they (the waist in particular) stretch? They seem really nice and comfortable. Only thing I don't really like is they have pre-made whiskers.

I got some ramblers that I regret getting hemmed right away. :x

thinking about picking up a pair of Unbranded UB101

any recommendations on sizing if I wear a 29 in APC NS / 31 in Levis?

and any thoughts on Rogue Territory SK and how they size?

thinking about picking up a pair of Unbranded UB101
any recommendations on sizing if I wear a 29 in APC NS / 31 in Levis?
and any thoughts on Rogue Territory SK and how they size?

I'd go with the 31. They don't stretch much at all, I had a pair a few years ago.

Yes, they do taper.

Honestly, I'd recommend paying a bit more and getting N&F or APC on sale. Unbranded denim is extremely tough to break in and the fit is weird. Pockets are really small too, which doesn't help if you keep your phone/keys/wallet in your pockets like I do.

Last edited:
What are everyone's feelings on soaking their jeans before they rock them the first time? (Sanforized jeans)

I know it's not required, and it seems like people have really mixed opinions.

Pros: I like the feel of the jeans with the starch on them. People say fades have more contrast if you don't originally soak and wait it out.
Cons: Shrinkage. Possible misalignment of honeycombs and stacks if inseam shrinks.

Some brands like Naked & Famous really don't even feel stiff compared to other sanforized denim. I personally just like rocking them right away and wearing them with the stiffness until they break in. What about you guys? Anyone ever actually have a sanforized pair shrink on them enough to mess up their jeans???

Last edited:
I've got like 3 pair of new jeans that are beyond stiff and my job doesn't allow jeans. So I have the weekend and after work and at this rate will take forever to break them in. Any tips, I'm almost temted to get some sandpaper and turn them inside out and go to work but that's a last resort.

I've got like 3 pair of new jeans that are beyond stiff and my job doesn't allow jeans. So I have the weekend and after work and at this rate will take forever to break them in. Any tips, I'm almost temted to get some sandpaper and turn them inside out and go to work but that's a last resort.

If you can stand the stiffness, take a nap or better yet sleep in them overnight. Especially if you toss and turn. I do that with any new pair of dry denim, just make sure you don't have white sheets or you'll wake up with denim stains.

so i'm torn between 3 options right now for new denim

previously I owned APC NS for about 4 years and want something more tapered

anyone have any preferences on these and why?

im choosing between:

- APC PNS

- Unbranded UB101

- Rogue Territory SK (can someone school me on the differences and terminology i.e. SK, Stanton, Tonal?)

Why does everyone automatically go for PNS? I think PS are a great cut. Rogue Territories look really nice, I'd like to try their chinos/denim next.

Why does everyone automatically go for PNS? I think PS are a great cut. Rogue Territories look really nice, I'd like to try their chinos/denim next.
i'm slim but I like to have some room in my thigh area while maintaining a taper through the leg

PS are nice, but probably too skinny for my body type

Don't think anyone has a problem with the PS my man. It's not that crazy that most people are looking for a cut somewhere in between the slimness of the PS & the roominess of the NS. That's why there is a PNS in the first place. If he's used to wearing NS and wants his jeans to be a little more fitting, moving to PNS would be the logical move. The taper on the PS is too aggressive for plenty of body types.

Last edited:
Not solely pertaining to his comment but it seems to be the preference from what I've read in this thread, just questioning why most prefer that cut. :smile:

i have a pair of the RT tonal warp black skinny and they are really nice.  the leg opening is a little wider than the PNS, but the fit is similar.  the quality of denim and overall construction is better, IMO.

Last edited:
I really need to try on these PS's. Like I've mentioned before on here, I'm a real slim dude, I liked the PNS, but I'm just used to a skinnier cut.

Zara's pants fit great on me. I'm looking for something along those lines.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

im choosing between:
- APC PNS
- Unbranded UB101
- Rogue Territory SK (can someone school me on the differences and terminology i.e. SK, Stanton, Tonal?)

As I've said in here I really like my APC PNS. I've owned a lot of raw denim before and this is the first pair that I actually enjoy throwing on in the morning and doesn't feel like a chore to wear.

im choosing between:

- APC PNS

- Unbranded UB101

PNS are more tapered than the rouge territory 'skinny' fit, due to the smaller leg opening, but only by a little.  i love both.

im choosing between:

- APC PNS

- Unbranded UB101

PNS on top Rouge Territory Skinny Tonal Warp both waist 32 both uncut.

waist to waist:

if yall got Levis stores near you they got last seasons LVCs on sale for 70% off, I just copped 2 pairs of 300$ jeans for under $200 total from Levis SF

Last edited:
if yall got Levis stores near you they got last seasons LVCs on sale for 70% off, I just copped 2 pairs of 300$ jeans for under $200 total

Repped. Might have to hit up the Union Square store Monday...lord knows I don't need more denim though..

Back
Top Bottom