*| | Denim _ School | |*

The New Slim Tapered Real Japan Blues 103BSP Jean & Suede Saddle ShoesReal Japan Blues has done their first slim tapered jean cut and a pair of navy and gray suede saddle shoes.The new 103BSP jean is a slim cut jean with a tapered leg. They've added back pocket lining, new arcuate stitching, and a very impressive new method of extending the life on the front pockets which we've never seen on a pair of jeans before. They've hand felled a secondary piece of denim on the inside opening of the front pockets and stitched it with cotton/poly thread, a true evolution for the way jeans are constructed. The denim on these has been developed by Flat Head only for Real Japan Blues. It's similar to Flat Head's 3XXX denim in terms of how hairy it becomes after the first soak but has a deeper indigo color straight off. The dye method yields an extremely high contrast fade which we'd only seen this intense before on Flat Head's denim, yet it's quite different considering it's pure indigo and the cotton is from Zimbabwe. The Navy & Gray Saddle Shoes are a favorite at the shop. They're classic, extremely well built, and very comfortable. The soles are full leather and are Goodyear welted for waterproofing and breathability. These are made in small batches in Nagano (Japan) by Flat Head's leather division for the Real Japan Blues brand.The Real Japan Blues 103BSP jean is available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store under RJB. The Navy & Gray Saddle Shoes are available now at SENY and in our online store. Check the online store for a full spec list, hi-res photos, and more information:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=76Real Japan Blues 103BSP - Slim TaperedReal Japan Blues Navy & Gray Saddle Shoes

I can stop posting but we have a large customer base from Nike Talk that shops at the SF store (NY not so much), and they ask us for updates. I've been on Nike Talk far before Self Edge ever opened. Also, many of our NT customers tell us they don't frequent other forums because the new waves of fashion doesn't interest them, so they only come here.

No one seems to complain on Sufu
laugh.gif

I bought a pair of mayfieldshttp://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=91182&VendorCode=TWB jeans from Twelve Bar and due to a delay in the shipment they ended up throwing in some skywalkers jeans as well, but the problem I'm having is that the mayfields are too narrow at the bottom and, ironically, the skywalkers are too wide/baggy.  I was told that the mayfields were more like a straight leg fit rather than slim that's why I bought them
eyes.gif
, but rather than going through the whole shipping thing I decided to keep them.

My question is, has anyone ever had their jeans hemmed to be wider or slimmer around the legs?  Is it even possible? I've only had my trues hemmed to be shorter never more narrow or wide.  As it is, the mayfields don't even fit over my dunks, but they're still kind of long so it looks dumb cuz they bunch up around my ankles.  And the skywalkers just look like parachute jeans and they're like starched or something
ohwell.gif

Introducing Strike Gold from JapanHailing from Okayama, the denim capital of Japan, Strike Gold is a line created by the Hamamoto brothers with over twenty years of experience in the Japanese denim industry. Bringing simple styles with the utmost attention to detail to their jean line we're very excited to be offering this brand at Self Edge. We're starting off the collection with two denim styles and two belts.The SG1101 jean is a straight leg fit with a flattering silhouette for all body types with a medium rise and a classic fit.The SG1105 jean is a slim leg fit that's got a medium rise and is slim from the top to the bottom but doesn't hug the calf.The jean has a burly feel to it at first due to the rigid denim that comes in it's loomstate form, after a warm water soak the denim opens up a bit and begins to soften with wear.This denim from Strike Gold has massive character even when raw with a lot of loom chatter visible from both the warp and weft sides of the denim. Due to the abrasive nature of the denim when raw the jean will age faster than most jeans and yield an extremely high contrast fade with normal wear.Strike Gold has gone to the extent of getting custom rivets made which have a male part made of iron and a female piece made of copper. The reason for this is that the male piece will begin to rust over time but the female piece will darken and leaf over time giving the wearer a well rounded aging pattern even on the rivets. Crazy for some, essential for others.Also available is a heavy duty belt in black or tan with a solid brass buckle.Both the jeans and belts are available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. Check the product pages in our online store for more photographs, full specifications, and size charts:http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86The Strike Gold SG1101 - Straight LegThe Strike Gold SG1105 - Slim LegThe Strike Gold Belts

Iron Heart 634s-B Overdyed Jeans & Short Sleeve Mechanic's Shirts

One of the most legendary jeans we've carried at Self Edge was a limited run of Iron Heart's 634s jean which were overdyed black, that was four years ago and sold out almost instantly at the time. The lucky people that got a pair saw a jean that changed in color and shade like nothing they'd ever seen before. Iron Heart has done a new run of this same jean for just a few stores.

This version of the 634s jean has been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath. Essentially this is a denim that begins black and fades to indigo in high friction areas, or what the Japanese call the "atari" fade. 

Also out this month is a set of short sleeve Mechanic's shirts in both black and beige and a restock of the popular Mini-Herrgingbone Summer shirt.

All these items are available now at SENY, SESF, and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=71

Iron Heart 634s-B Overdyed Straight Leg Jeans

Iron Heart Short Sleeve Mechanic's Shirts

Should I just go ahead and get my Nudies AJs taken in and tapered? Any downside to alterations?

When I first bought them I was 45lbs heavier and couldnt get them buttoned with out feelin like my sack was gonna explode.. Now they are way too big.. I've done one hot soak and they really didn't shrink any. They are 36/34 and I wear 34/30

I need some help. I'm looking for some stonewash jeans (preferr a fit simular to 511). The black not blue color ones. If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by GaryOak

bout to scoop a pair of APC NS
pimp.gif

i got one before but i didnt sz. down at all
laugh.gif
smh.gif

man, thats alotta money down the drain, i got rescues and they werent as slim as i wouldve liked after stretching, wasted money
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

man, thats alotta money down the drain, i got rescues and they werent as slim as i wouldve liked after stretching, wasted money
smh.gif
laugh.gif
yea. But that was a year ago when i was still a no0b at APC.
But im szing down 3 with the NS.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
yea. But that was a year ago when i was still a no0b at APC.
But im szing down 3 with the NS.

same, i sized down 3 on new standards as well, i wasnt able to button the last two buttons when i first tried it on, but now it fits perfectly

i think i am about 8 months in

The Iron Heart 301s-07BK Jean & Short Sleeve Summer Shirts

We've had Iron Heart make up a very small run of the 301s Slim jean in an overdyed 19oz unsanforized denim.

This is the same denim which was used on the SEXIH07 jean, but done in a slim cut.

Also in is a set of summer weight short sleeved chambray shirts, one is in it's natural light blue state and the other has been overdyed black. 

Along with those two new shirts Iron Heart has done a short sleeve version of their Heavy Weight Chambray Shirt.

These jeans and all three new short sleeve shirts are available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. Only 60 pairs of the 301s-07BK were produced.

Check the online store for a complete spec list and explanation of the fabrics:

http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=71

Iron Heart 301s-07BK Overdyed Slim Jean

Iron Heart Short Sleeve Workshirt - Light Indigo

Iron Heart Short Sleeve Workshirt - Overdyed

Iron Heart Super Heavy Chambray Short Sleeve

I have a handful of New Standards left for the Summer (sizes 28, 30, 32, 34). Also one pair of 31 Rescues at the shop.

NT discount applies. PM or email me [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom