*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by bwalk

Originally Posted by J Capo

Any thoughts on these Levi's "Imprint" Jeans? They apparently wear at an incredible rate, speeding up the whole fading/honeycombing process.
picture-13.png

picture-17.png

Considering giving them a shot for the hell of it given the pricing on them.
i want these to give my APC's a little rest, these look real nice

is that the same pair in the picz.. i dont know much about denim but looks like it went from dark indigo to a light blue denim.
indifferent.gif

Damn why you tryna play that man like that for?
But I believe those are the same pair. Probably fade as you wear em, not sure though.

indifferent.gif

Ok, the deal with the imprints since everyone seems to interested in them...

They just came out in the US for the 3rd quarter, stores started getting them maybe like 3 weeks ago. The only stores that will carry them currently are"top" stores out of the Levis only stores (not sure about levis.com, haven't checked honestly), which means the 3 NYC stores (14th, times square,soho), Chicago, Cali (SF, Beverly Hills, etc.) and I'm sure a few other random locations I am forgetting. They currently are only being offered in the 514for men and the Women's 501 "Boyfriend" cut for women in the US, although in Asia they offer the 511, 514 and one other "skinny" cutthat I forget the model number of. If I remember correctly the price on them is either 79.90 or 89.90, I can't recall the exact price point. If theyaren't online you can call any of those levis stores (or any levis store) and find out who has your size in stock and do a phone order for $7.00 shipping.

From what I've read about them on SF, etc., the "secret" behind them is it is basically a super bright white denim with a lighter coating ofindigo as compared to your normal denim and then sold "raw". They are sanforized so expect minimum shrinkage/a soak won't really be nessecary.The light dye job makes it so they wear considerablly faster than your normal jeans.

I'm interested, but have mixed feelings. Part of me thinks: "awsome, I put minimal wear into these and have some sweet fading with minimaleffort!", then the denim snob inturupts me and tells me that I shouldn't waste my time and should concentrate on putting some real work into the pairsI already own, or taking that money and putting it towards a pair of iron hearts or samurais. Plus I hate the 514 cut, if they had them here in a 511 I mighthave to pull the trigger, after my discount they'd come out to be under $50 I think (I work for levis). But I AM curious to see the results, if anyone copsthem and would like to take some pictures to show the wear I'd love to see them.

Levi on 59th and Lex wont be getting? That Levi is bigger than the one in Soho and 42nd, never been to the one in 14th. Which store is their flagship store inthe city?

YO, I got grape jelly on my dry Helmut Lang's.
should I wash? I tried dabbin the spots with a moist paper towel and some dye came off.

Those Levi's are really interesting.

Personally, I'd save my money for better quality denim and wear it out longer/harder.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

What's the easiest way to prevent raw denim from bleeding on your shoes?
You can put masking tape around the inside of the bottom. I really never had a problem with bleeding for some reason. *Shrugs*

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

hey realtalk

does raw denim bleed on boxers/underwear?
Mine haven't bled on boxers
roll.gif

but on underwear????
embarassed.gif

btw i went to get a pair of those imprints

but they were sold out in a 30
tired.gif

nice jeans tho

and is a pair of raw RRL for 180 a good deal???
nerd.gif

BNWT

how much of a difference is there between a 30x32 and a 30x34?

im pretty short so if i hem the 30x34 will it look funny and/or that much different than if i were to hem a 30x32? theyre diesel if that matters

Just bought a pair of APC NS...the fit it pretty tight right now but I know the deal with that. But does anyone know when the "stiffness" of thedenim starts to subside? They're stacking kinda weird and I know it's because they're so stiff

i wanna get some APC jeans, but i really hate when the opening doesnt fall on my shoe....

i know this sounds pretty dumb, but is there anyway to widen the opening, since everyone says buy the jeans a couple sizes down bc they stretch, has anyoneever tried stretching the leg opening?

Originally Posted by Drameezy

Some GAp Selvedge...
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

It took me a while, but I finally got on some. I must admit that for the price it's pretty good. I was only got one pair of the standard fit, I shouldhave gotten one more. Anyone know how this new authentic cut fits?

Back
Top Bottom