Denied entrance to a bar with a real ID

If you're darker than a paper bag, don't ever go to Continental in the East Village.
Lol I tried getting in one time and the bouncer told me "nah dawg you dont want to come in here, this a white boy bar" I was like TF
mean.gif

The worst part is all their bouncers were black at the time. Dude looked at me and my two friends and said 'regulars only.'

Hope the door policy has changed since then. I know there were some protests.

Happens all the time if you're of a particular race and gender. My mans got denied access to a bar because his shirt was too long. Dude is about 6'1" and was wearing a medium RL button-up, no way that thing was too long :lol:

My other boy got denied because he had a hat on, but then some lil Italian dude w/ a Kangol got dapped up and walked right in

Why ya'll going to bars anyway? Waste of freaking time.

Explain your reasoning behind this :lol: .
you go to an establishment with annoying super loud music and drunks/drug abusers and get ripped off for drinks. I understand certain people enjoy that environment but that **** definitely aint for me.

Why ya'll going to bars anyway? Waste of freaking time.
you go to an establishment with annoying super loud music and drunks/drug abusers and get ripped off for drinks. I understand certain people enjoy that environment but that **** definitely aint for me.
You knew the answer to the initial question before you even typed the initial question

laugh.gif

Explain your reasoning behind this
laugh.gif
nw9cJh.jpg

I feel the same way.

Last time I went out, I stood by the bar and looked around at all the seizure inducing lights and listened to the music I could hear nothing over and took a sip from a watered down rum & coke and had a real introspective moment. I'm too old for that ****.
laugh.gif

I'm always down for a sports bar, though. Nice chill environment with a beer and the game.

Last edited:
You knew the answer to the initial question before you even typed the initial question
its whatever. I simply don't enjoy the scene of people intoxicating themselves and getting into a potential issue over nothing.

:lol:  
nw9cJh.jpg

I feel the same way.

Last time I went out, I stood by the bar and looked around at all the seizure inducing lights and listened to the music I could hear nothing over and took a sip from a watered down run & coke and had a real introspective moment. I'm too old for that ****.:lol:  
dude I was too old for that **** five-ten years ago, and im only 21 :lol:

Where i live we have 2 areas with bars.

The college area and the downtown area.

The downtown bars are straight/chill.

Go there wit my friends to watch a game.
When a band comes to perform.
We also got this jazz type bar with a live band thats cool.

The college bars wit the frat dudes rockin chubbies visors and sperrys tho....im good

Last edited:
Explain your reasoning behind this :lol: .

Guess it's all dependent on the area, because I've been to plenty of bars where only good times are had. To say drunks/drug abusers lurk definitely attributes to your location.

I take it you don't enjoy the club scene either.

Guess it's all dependent on the area, because I've been to plenty of bars where only good times are had. To say drunks/drug abusers lurk definitely attributes to your location.

I take it you don't enjoy the club scene either.
yea I dont

How is this different than you standing in line at a Supreme drop?
I don't line up at supreme

What's this horizontal/vertical ID nonsense all about? Some states too lazy to do simple math so they deny everyone with horizontal license? 
mean.gif

If you're darker than a paper bag, don't ever go to Continental in the East Village.
Lol I tried getting in one time and the bouncer told me "nah dawg you dont want to come in here, this a white boy bar" I was like TF
:smh:

The worst part is all their bouncers were black at the time. Dude looked at me and my two friends and said 'regulars only.'

Hope the door policy has changed since then. I know there were some protests.

Wow. I didn't know about that stuff. Only been there once or twice with no problems. My friends used to go there all the time. We're tan colored Asian people so maybe that's why.

I don't line up at supreme
Fair enough

What's this horizontal/vertical ID nonsense all about? Some states too lazy to do simple math so they deny everyone with horizontal license? :smh:
Its like that in MD. A vertical orientation with red border while under 21. Horizontal 21 and up. However, your license expires about a month or 2 after you turn 21. I don't know how someone is 23 still using a vertical license unless their state doesn't have that restriction.

Wow. I didn't know about that stuff. Only been there once or twice with no problems. My friends used to go there all the time. We're tan colored Asian people so maybe that's why.
Only reason I attempted to go in was because a friend told me as we passed it you cant get in they dont let people of color in. Im a born and raise ny'er and never been declined anywhere ive attempted to enter. So I tried it and got declined I laughed it out. I told the bouncer after like my friend told me I wouldnt get in cuz im colored and he laughed it out like yeah pretty much. And yes the bouncers are all African Americans

Back
Top Bottom