Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I AM TELLING YOU. PAU OFF THE BENCH.

I feel like when he starts he takes it for granted and gets bored.

He was so alive with his limited minutes on both sides of the floor.

Go look at the West Standings.. Seeds 4-12 are all sliding backwards.

Stop panicking guys.

We had 14 more Turnovers. Lost by 9.

They put out the effort, and it fell apart in the last two minutes.

Why run the same play all the time and expect different results?

That's our coach's "system" remember the "unstoppable pick and roll". Guess what? The Heat shut it down and so has the rest of the league.

Personally, I think Nash passed out of the double way too late. The bounce pass is there as soon as Gasol/Howard start rolling, but for some reason Nash always dribbles it out and is forced to kick it to someone at the 3-pt line. Makes no sense.

How do you not double Lebron?The Heat role players were clanking most of their shots. Then you do not double Wade when Lebron sits.

I've had it with D'antoni. I seriously doubt they will make the playoffs with defensive game plans like that.

The Heat did not even play on all cylinders except for their 2 stars and the defense. They usually drain stuff from outside as well. They had control the whole game.

Does anyone know what the hell they were trying to do at the beginning of the game when they had all those turnovers? That must have been some type of offensive gameplan because it stopped in the second half.

It seems the Lakers can have success on the offensive end when the game slows down. BIG SURPRISE. The offense is a big problem because of the turnovers and no depth at the PG spot. They got nothing from duhon or meeks. Old man nash is not gonna be effective with so many minutes and his defense is trash.

It is disgusting how this team only needs a delonte west or any nba caliber backup PG and a better offensive system and they would be in the playoffs. Even their defense would probably be better if the coaching did not lets the other team's star go 1 on 1 for the whole game. Disgusting. :x

so Miami was defending the pick and roll beautifully, we saw that.

Why not just have the point guards dump it to Pau or Dwight and let them work, they have a huge advantage on their defenders...

stupid D'Antoni

Were you watching the game? Dwight & Pau were getting fronted all night. There was rarely an instant in which Dwight or Pau had good post position with a defender behind them.

it sucks that the lakers lost

but im positive in seeing that the lakers didnt look like their slumping selves that im used to where they fall into these double digit deficits MULTIPLE times a game after clawing back

we all know the turnovers in the first half, especially in the 1st quarter, killed the lakers, but the lakers played smarter in the 2nd and had less TOs

the laker fought the whole game, leading at times and keeping it close when down

even though they lost, i feel like theyve built off the previous 2 games rather than succumbing to the prior 6

Last edited:
Minnesotta lost tonight, so that's a plus for the Lakers.

Lakers came out and competed tonight though. A lot of people had them blown out tonight. Lakers need to fix some kinks with the offense, especially with Gasol. It's painful to see him out there in this system.

IDK why you guys don't use your bigs enough. Miami struggles with tall athletic teams. LA could've won this game had LA used their bigs properly.

Difference was that Miami had Lebron. Tough to beat that most nights. Only a handful of teams in the league have the proper personnel to matchup against the Heat.

Who gives a damn whether it was a close game or not, an L is an L. Y'all act like Miami had a stellar offensive game. They missed so many wide open 3's and layups, we were just lucky that the game was this close.

From an execution POV, the Heat blew us out of the water. Period. There can be no more excuses, only results. The Lakers aren't winning anything with this current system and lack of adaptability by the coaching staff.

Heat guards and forwards were hounding the Lakers guard in that final couple minutes. That was some serious defense there. Tough to throw a pass inside when a defender is all up in you.

The heat turned it up defensively x10. Crisp rotations, etc. dwight and pau wouldve thrown up some wild shot up anyway.

Last edited:
Fronting is fine. Swing it to the top of the key and have the post player seal his defender, you act like fronting is the ultimate defense.

There are ways around fronting, our coach is just stubborn in his ways, same reason why Meeks isn't out there. You gonna tell me there was not a time we could have used a decent three point shooter?

Are we just going to sit here and gloss over the fact that this was Miami playing on the second night of a back to back and at the end of a 6 game road trip?

Some of you are giving us too much credit tonight. The last great game this team put together was against Denver way early in the season. We can't put complete games together against a quality opponent, we can't even put complete quarters together.

How do you not double Lebron?The Heat role players were clanking most of their shots. Then you do not double Wade when Lebron sits. Even their defense would probably be better if the coaching did not lets the other team's star go 1 on 1 for the whole game. Disgusting. :x

Watching Wade or Lebron operate in the 1-4 flat without any defensive adjustment made my head hurt the whole game. Mike D made 0 adjustments on D when we were continually getting torched.

Just follow me here..

4. Memphis (falling apart)
5. Golden State (Steph out indefinitely) 1GB on 4th
6. Denver 2GB on 4th
7. Utah 4 1/2 GB on 4th (They won't consistently bring it for 3 more months.)
8. Houston 4 1/2GB on 4th (They are starting to slide)
9. Portland 5GB on 4th (Tough schedule on the next 3 months. Zero Depth. They'll slide))
10. Minnesota 7 1/2 GB on 4th (No Love for 2 months, Rubio is probably going to get injured again. Very little depth. Pek got injured tonight again)
11. Lakers 8 GB on 4th

Stop panicking.

I do agree that the ball should have been swung around a lot more. Players would look to pass into the post, see that Dwight or whoever was getting fronted, then got stuck. Offense was too stagnant at times, definitely have to have some branching plays with multiple options in case something breaks down.

Stop panicking guys.

hahahahahaha, your'e kidding right? hahahahahaha
theres nothing wrong with being positve/optimistic but..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just follow me here..

6. Denver 2GB on 4th
9. Portland 5GB on 4th (Tough schedule on the next 3 months. Zero Depth. They'll slide))
10. Minnesota 7 1/2 GB on 4th (No Love for 2 months, Rubio is probably going to get injured again. Very little depth. Pek got injured tonight again)
11. Lakers 8 GB on 4th

Stop panicking.

There was more to this game than just a win or loss. It's about the methodology of this team and how it won't be enough to win it all.

I do agree that the ball should have been swung around a lot more. Players would look to pass into the post, see that Dwight or whoever was getting fronted, then got stuck. Offense was too stagnant at times, definitely have to have some branching plays with multiple options in case something breaks down.

The thing about the Heat's defense is it looks amazing when the ball isn't moving. They can put the pressure on the individual player and really get in their space.

However, if you're swinging the ball quick and with conviction, the tenacity of the Heat's defense is used against them and what you end up getting is extremely overzealous defense, which is good for faking shots and getting players out of position and/or fouls. There was a play where we swung the ball so well, and it ended with an easy layup for Jamison.

If you're going against that Heat defense, the ball has to move. And you can't be initiating the offense with 7 seconds left on the shot clock, that's just unacceptable. For a veteran, Steve Nash did not play like one tonight.

Stop panicking guys.

hahahahahaha, your'e kidding right? hahahahahaha
theres nothing wrong with being positve/optimistic but..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No I'm not.

Go ahead and panic for absolutely no reason, when the past week has shown how fragile the teams in front of us are.

Just follow me here..

6. Denver 2GB on 4th
11. Lakers 8 GB on 4th (No chemistry at all, injury prone team, not healthy, horrible coach, mediocre bench)

Stop panicking.

I think fans of this team have every right to come away with optimism in a loss, and I also think that fans should be able to come away concerned as well.

I can't really get in line with that panicking comment, y'all quick to say someone is panicking, but after that 2-peat, you guys have been real chill about issues with the team, and I watched y'all play the "don't worry" game all the way up until that Dallas sweep, ignoring problems with LA in the 1st round against New Orleans.

Some of the teams in front of us are struggling, and we need them to lose to bolster our postseason chances, but don't put all your stock into other teams losing, this squad has to win their games. Turnovers have been an issue for this team all season long. It's concerning, and if it continues, so will the losses.

Back
Top Bottom