Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously no one is going to change the way Kobe plays on O. But he could have called out Kobe's lackluster D DURING the game, or better yet, put someone else on Ariza.
thats true, but that would have required bringing pau back in and moving ron over but i dont know what was going on with pau at that time

maybe a scheduled rest i guess

Gasol should not have been starting tonight...at all. I was surprised when I heard that he was going to start after missing 20 games....think about that for a second. Missing 20 games and he was already playing like poop before getting injured. He should have eased him back into the lineup, but instead decided to cut a bunch of Clarks minutes.

Dumb coaching. Just bad.

Obviously no one is going to change the way Kobe plays on O. But he could have called out Kobe's lackluster D DURING the game, or better yet, put someone else on Ariza.

He does not coach defense though. Perfect example is having Gasol out there to "anchor" the defense. The only guys who play any consistent defense are Howard and Clark. Clark only played 7 min.

The front office could have signed someone like Kenyon Martin as a backup big. He is playing well with New York. I have no idea what their love affair with Sacre is.

No coach in the world(PJ included) would have the balls to pull kobe off of a player who's that hot, and even if they did do you really think kobe would just oblige? Hell no

At some point kobe SHOULD be called out for his lackluster play on the defensive end. It ain't even like ariza was just gettin anything he wanted and scoring at will, he was purely just left unattended most times. Flashes of effort here and there isn't gonna get the job done :smh:

Last edited:
Just staying next to Ariza would have gotten the job done. He is not good at creating for himself. Kobe was not even doing anything with his help defense. Artest left Ariza open a few times as well.

I put this loss soley on kobe and im a big kobe homer.
Dude didnt pass the goddamn ball in the fourth. Dwight had 20 going into the fourth on 8/9 shooting.
Dwight finished the game with 20 on 8/9 shooting.
I know he has limited post moves but give him the ball he can attract a double team which can lead to open shots.
I just don't get why kobe needed to try and play hero ball.
Kobe was 5/10 going into the 4th and he finished 8 of 18.

Goddamnit. And 6 turnovers :x

Put the blame where it needs to be guys.

This one is on kobe.

I hate the lakers. But this season is crazy. Must be hard to be a laker fan. Ride or die with the team. Adjustments need to be made ASAP in order for the team to compete in the playoffs.

I'm over it..

Kobe's fault tonight... MWP with a nice 2nd place

Also a point of concern, not much now because it's his first game back, but we'll see in a couple weeks. Is when Dwight goes out.. Pau has to protect the rim. No one is asking him to be Dwight, but a little protection of the hoop would be nice.

Just staying next to Ariza would have gotten the job done. He is not good at creating for himself. Kobe was not even doing anything with his help defense. Artest left Ariza open a few times as well.

Agreed, Ariza wasn't even ballin like that, he was simply just taking and making WIDE OPEN shots

I put this loss soley on kobe and im a big kobe homer.
Dude didnt pass the goddamn ball in the fourth. Dwight had 20 going into the fourth on 8/9 shooting.
Dwight finished the game with 20 on 8/9 shooting.
I know he has limited post moves but give him the ball he can attract a double team which can lead to open shots.
I just don't get why kobe needed to try and play hero ball.
Kobe was 5/10 going into the 4th and he finished 8 of 18.

Goddamnit. And 6 turnovers :x

Put the blame where it needs to be guys.

This one is on kobe.

I agree Kobe had a TERRIBLE 4th and this L is mostly on his shoulders, but you give the ball to Dwight in the 4th and unless it's an oop, the opponent is hacking and putting him on the line. So in that sense, it doesn't matter how great of a night he had from the field up til the 4th.

Kobe did pass it in the 4th but to the other team.

Gasol is not going to protect the basket anymore. He is done on both ends. I hope he proves me wrong though.

I agree Kobe had a TERRIBLE 4th and this L is mostly on his shoulders, but you give the ball to Dwight in the 4th and unless it's an oop, the opponent is hacking and putting him on the line. So in that sense, it doesn't matter how great of a night he had from the field up til the 4th.

This excuse is beyond tired

3 missed free throws by Kobe, 2 by Jamison. Can't have that.

Dwight 8 for 9 thru 3, 0 shots Q4. :smh:

I like Mike bein pissed and callin them out but he needs to run an offense in the 4th. Stop with the Kobe iso's for an entire quarter. Couple possessions here and there are gonna happen, but no need for half or full quarters unless its a scramble type comeback game.

This excuse is beyond tired
This.

Give him the goddamn ball at least in the beginning of the 4th.
This iso kobe stuff isnt gonna get us anywhere.

Dwight is limited on his post moves but I mean he almost commands a double team every time.

Unless you were in the huddle, or sitting court side how do you know what D'Antoni said (or did not say) to Kobe about his defense during the game?

Help me understand the thought process here...

You want to give the ball to a guy who can't shoot free throw in the 4th?

Unless you were in the huddle, or sitting court side how do you know what D'Antoni said (or did not say) to Kobe about his defense during the game?

Help me understand the thought process here...

THANK YOU......It gets kinda irritating when I see ppl post "D'Antoni should've called this", or "D'Antoni should've gotten on kobe about his defense", how in the hell do we know that stuff isn't being addressed during the game. Its no secret that kobe is as stubborn as a mule, but games like this is when he has to realize he doesn't always have to go into mamba mode, especially with the guys he has around him

WHAT?!!!

I come in here to read about a win bcuz i passed out b4 the game even started

And Im reading that we lost

Leaving

You want to give the ball to a guy who can't shoot free throw in the 4th?

Steve Nash says hello.

Didn't watch the game, but Kobe was the reason why it was close at the end. Dude hit that 3 to bring the Lakers down by 1.

Kobe even had a clean look at the very end too. Howard def should've gotten the ball in the 4th to kill some time off the clock. I think this is more of a coaching error than anything else, because at this point we all know how Kobe is going to play. No changing that any time soon.

Last edited:
Nyknicks coming in here and basing his analysis on highlights of the very last play, Haha.

Last edited:
I really think we need to actually start getting Dwight more involved... It happens too often that he gets a good rhythm, and then all of a sudden, it's like he doesn't exist out there.

He was 8-9 for the field. 4-5 from the line.

He isn't Hakeem in the post, but he still will shoot a high %, and another thing is that you can get a team in foul trouble 4 minutes into the quarter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom