Delete

Talk that crap out. A real best friend is too hard to come by to be dropping it all for something small like this.

Talk that crap out. A real best friend is too hard to come by to be dropping it all for something small like this.

--You arent really overreacting OP, but you are overanalyzing the situation.
--Let it go dude.

--You arent really overreacting OP, but you are overanalyzing the situation.
--Let it go dude.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

sounds like he took his talents to south beach

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

Ayo?

No

Some people turn out like this OP...it's better to just get another best friend...priorities change for people and you should change yours as well.

Some people turn out like this OP...it's better to just get another best friend...priorities change for people and you should change yours as well.

Sometimes the best thing to do in situations like this is to let it go....
For one you were both cool prob almost like brothers in a sense, but now its obvious he didn't really value your friendship as much as you did.

I was in a similar situation but this one involved a best friend at the time of 8 yrs and an accident.
To make things short i was passenger in the situation, few days go by i don't hear a bro sorry bout what happened, are you ok? none of that, what i did get was a why didn't you text/call to see if i was ok..
indifferent.gif
Eventually everytime the accident was brought up by someone somehow the finger got pointed at me... which i didn't appreciate so i deaded him.
Last year we bumped into one another at a friends going away party, we talked and what not but things weren't the same.

Like others say it's just part of life, all you can do is remember the good time and just keep on moving forward eventually he'll realize he %%$%$$ up a friendship.

Sometimes the best thing to do in situations like this is to let it go....
For one you were both cool prob almost like brothers in a sense, but now its obvious he didn't really value your friendship as much as you did.

I was in a similar situation but this one involved a best friend at the time of 8 yrs and an accident.
To make things short i was passenger in the situation, few days go by i don't hear a bro sorry bout what happened, are you ok? none of that, what i did get was a why didn't you text/call to see if i was ok..
indifferent.gif
Eventually everytime the accident was brought up by someone somehow the finger got pointed at me... which i didn't appreciate so i deaded him.
Last year we bumped into one another at a friends going away party, we talked and what not but things weren't the same.

Like others say it's just part of life, all you can do is remember the good time and just keep on moving forward eventually he'll realize he %%$%$$ up a friendship.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

A real best friend is too hard to come by to be dropping it all for something small like this.

I think the point of this thread is that OP thought they were real friends; roommate thought they were just roommates who were real cool. Big difference.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

A real best friend is too hard to come by to be dropping it all for something small like this.

I think the point of this thread is that OP thought they were real friends; roommate thought they were just roommates who were real cool. Big difference.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Forever________

I don't u overreactin OP, its more principle than anything. U extend ur hand in friendship and dude leaves u hangin. I would suggest u talk to him just to let him know what the scenario is but don't talk to him w/ the idea that yall become friends again. Consider it a clearing of the air

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Forever________

I don't u overreactin OP, its more principle than anything. U extend ur hand in friendship and dude leaves u hangin. I would suggest u talk to him just to let him know what the scenario is but don't talk to him w/ the idea that yall become friends again. Consider it a clearing of the air

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Forever________

best advice so far.

ive come to realize that you cant expect your friends to act/react a certain way.  its unfair to project your own standards or expectations on them, and then be annoyed when they fail to live up to it.  all you can do is decide to not be friends with them.  it doesnt have to be spiteful or vindictive.  people stray.  priorities change.  and thats ok.

as a courtesy, it might be a good idea to just talk it out like grown men.  that way he understands its not personal, petty, or anything like that.  its just that you look for certain qualities in a friend, and if those qualities are not there, its in yours (and everyones) best interest if you guys just keep it movin. 

Forever________

best advice so far.

ive come to realize that you cant expect your friends to act/react a certain way.  its unfair to project your own standards or expectations on them, and then be annoyed when they fail to live up to it.  all you can do is decide to not be friends with them.  it doesnt have to be spiteful or vindictive.  people stray.  priorities change.  and thats ok.

as a courtesy, it might be a good idea to just talk it out like grown men.  that way he understands its not personal, petty, or anything like that.  its just that you look for certain qualities in a friend, and if those qualities are not there, its in yours (and everyones) best interest if you guys just keep it movin. 

I know what that's all about.
After a while I just said to hell with him (and this is someone i've known for close to 20 years).

Back
Top Bottom