Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Who is Norah Jones though??
laugh.gif
You can NOT be serious.

Congrats to Em.
No we are serious who is this
Holy **%*...when Come Away With Me dropped, she had the music world on lock.

And with No Strings Attached, that was the perfect climate to sell something like that. Eagerly awaited sophomore album by a rabid fan base, a CD purchasingpublic, and stupid young girls.

Damn, seein Country Grammar makes me realize that this decade is over
eek.gif
Seems like last yr it just started. Crazy

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

this is how you know record sales dont matter much anymore....its all about digital sales.

look at that top digital sales list in the last decade, all of those are no more than 2-3 years old
Even if they did still play a crutial role, I can't remember an album with more hype than any of those. Even Kanye or Jay wouldn't be ableto get Em numbers like that.

I mean Nsync had sold out stadiums filled with teenie boppers and on top of that had like more people outside of the venue then the actual event held. When TRLwas poppin they held the number one song for like 6 months straight.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

and people still say Eminem is wack.
roll.gif

NSYNC was HUGE for years.

Just cause he sold alot doesn't mean he ain't wack. If that's the case, Vanilla Ice > hip hop. See: To the Extreme became the fastest sellinghip hop album of all time,[19] peaking at #1 on the Billboard 200.[20] The album spent 16 weeks on the charts, and sold eleven million copies.[21] To theExtreme was the best selling hip hop album up until that time."

^

I retract, just read MC HAMMER SOLD 18 MILLION ON THE PLEASE HAMMER, DONT HURT EM' ALBUM. WOWOWWWWWWWWWW. 21 WEEKS @ #1. see: The album raised rap music toa new level of popularity. It was the first hip-hop album certified diamond by the RIAA for sales of over ten million.[6] It remains one of the genre'sall-time best-selling albums.[7] To date, the album has sold as many as 18 million units.

Just cause he sold alot doesn't mean he ain't wack.
Of course it doesnt, it just helps the fact that hes not.

Who can honestly say Eminem is wack? I wanna know who theyre comparing.

Interestingly, of the top 10 albums of the decade, the most recently released is Usher's Confessions, which came out in 2004.
CD's will eventually go the way of the 8-track.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Get Rich Or Die Trying Sold 13 Million Worldwide...That's why y;all dont understand, 50 might be dead as an American artist but he'll always have international love more than anyone. GRODT sold 5 million in Russia...

very true...why you think he goes soo hard with the international promoting, and touring.

pimp.gif
props to Eminem.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^

I retract, just read MC HAMMER SOLD 18 MILLION ON THE PLEASE HAMMER, DONT HURT EM' ALBUM. WOWOWWWWWWWWWW. 21 WEEKS @ #1. see: The album raised rap music to a new level of popularity. It was the first hip-hop album certified diamond by the RIAA for sales of over ten million.[6] It remains one of the genre's all-time best-selling albums.[7] To date, the album has sold as many as 18 million units.
pimp.gif

love learning new things on NT
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^

I retract, just read MC HAMMER SOLD 18 MILLION ON THE PLEASE HAMMER, DONT HURT EM' ALBUM. WOWOWWWWWWWWWW. 21 WEEKS @ #1. see: The album raised rap music to a new level of popularity. It was the first hip-hop album certified diamond by the RIAA for sales of over ten million.[6] It remains one of the genre's all-time best-selling albums.[7] To date, the album has sold as many as 18 million units.
pimp.gif

smile.gif
How do you go broke after selling 18 million on one album? I understand, but I don't understand....

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

memphisboi55 wrote:

^

pimp.gif

smile.gif
How do you go broke after selling 18 million on one album? I understand, but I don't understand....
He invested all of his money in the hammer pants.

Top 10 Selling Artist Of This Decade:
1. Eminem 32.2
2. The Beatles 30
3. Tim McGraw 24.6
4. Toby Keith 24.4
5. Britney Spears 22.9
6. Kenny Chesney 22
7. Linkin Park 21.4
8. Nelly 21.2
9. Creed 20.5
10. Jay-Z 20.3

Crazy how much that N'sync CD sold, I remember when I was in school so many girls had this album. Oh and how much did Outkast - Speakerboxx/ Love Belowsell? I thought that album went diamond, is it not there because it was a double CD?

Originally Posted by blknaitch

1. Eminem 32.2
2. The Beatles 30
3. Tim McGraw 24.6
4. Toby Keith 24.4
5. Britney Spears 22.9
6. Kenny Chesney 22
7. Linkin Park 21.4
8. Nelly 21.2
9. Creed 20.5
10. Jay-Z 20.3

Woahh whos Kenny Chesney? and damnd Nelly was dope and all, but he sold like that?

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Originally Posted by blknaitch

1. Eminem 32.2
2. The Beatles 30
3. Tim McGraw 24.6
4. Toby Keith 24.4
5. Britney Spears 22.9
6. Kenny Chesney 22
7. Linkin Park 21.4
8. Nelly 21.2
9. Creed 20.5
10. Jay-Z 20.3

Woahh whos Kenny Chesney? and damnd Nelly was dope and all, but he sold like that?
Judging by the numbers and the whiteness of his name I'm going to say country music artist.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Originally Posted by KicksforKicks

Today Nielsen Soundscan released their list of the best-selling artists, albums and songs of the 00's.

Em sold more than 32.2 million albums in the 2000s, edging out the Beatles to claim the title of top-selling artist. The Beatles ended up with the decade's best-selling album (they sold nearly 11.5 million copies of 2000's greatest-hits comp 1,) besting the likes of 'NSYNC's No Strings Attached (11.1 million copies sold) and Norah Jones' Come Away With Me, (10.5 million). Eminem was the only artist to place two albums on the list; his The Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show records landed at #4 and 5, selling 10.2 million and 9.8 million copies, respectively. Interestingly, of the top 10 albums of the decade, the most recently released is Usher's Confessions, which came out in 2004.

Nielsen Soundscan created the decade lists using data collected from January 1, 2000-November 1, 2009, and though figures might rise through December 31, they won't alter the rankings.

Top Selling Albums of the Decade
1. The Beatles, #1, 11,499,000 units sold
2. 'NSYNC, No Strings Attached, 11,112,000 units sold
3. Norah Jones, Come Away With Me, 10, 546,000 units sold
4. Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP, 10,204,000 units sold
5. Eminem, The Eminem Show, 9,799,000 units sold
6. Usher, Confessions, 9,712,000 units sold
7. Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory, 9,663,000 units sold
8. Creed, Human Clay, 9,491,000 units sold
9. Britney Spears, Oops! … I Did It Again, 9,185,000 units sold
10. Nelly, Country Grammar, 8,461,000 units sold

Top Selling Digital Songs of the Decade
1. Flo Rida feat. T-Pain, "Low" 5,214,000 units sold
2. Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis, "Just Dance," 4,690,000 units sold
3. Jason Mraz, "I'm Yours," 4,619,000 units sold
4. Timbaland feat. OneRepublic, "Apologize," 4,439,000 units sold
5. The Black Eyed Peas, "Boom Boom Pow," 4,349,000 units sold
6. Soulja Boy Tell'em, "Crank That," 4,315,000 units sold
7. Lady Gaga, "Poker Face," 4,200,000 units sold
8. Coldplay, "Viva la Vida," 4,140,000 units sold
9. Taylor Swift, "Love Story," 4,005,000 units sold
10. Katy Perry, "Hot N Cold," 3,945,000 units sold

Congrats Em
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I remember this. 1.1 in ONE DAY and 2.4 first week! This will NEVER, EVER BE DONE AGAIN! How do you sell 1.1 million IN ONE DAY?

eek.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom