Delete.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

the biggest name player the warriors will receive in a trade with the Mavs will be g.buckner.
And you are acting like that is a bad thing. We don't like Jack anyways. Humphries and Buckner done deal.

fitz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

He's saying pay attention in class or you'll wind up a tard like Bobby Rowell.
laugh.gif
We're watching Chris Rock's Bring the Pain inAfican American studies. This class is awesome.

What i got from my boss was...

He basically attempted to defuse the situation by comparing this to Kobe a couple years ago when he claimed he wanted to be traded, blah blah blah. However, toeven compare the two individuals is not only absurd, the situations make no senses since they're not remotely the same. He then adds, see Kobe didn'tget traded, etc.

Some callers then call in and he basically says Jackson will only be dealt if they can get something for him...that he's an emotional guy, a good guy, andwill play his %%%% off because that's what he always does. To me, that last part is BS. If he wants to be dealt, and possibly badly, andisn't...he's not going to be quiet and it WILL impact the team in a bad way.

C.J. Watson has decided to pass on Golden State's three-year, $4.5 million extension and will sign for the qualifying offer worth just over $1 million, multiple sources confirmed to RealGM's Alex Kennedy.
Watson will play out the remainder of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Golden State could enter the season with as many as five point guards on their roster and playing time was a big factor in this decision.

Last season, Watson averaged 9.5 points and 2.7 assists in 77 games with the Warriors.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

C.J. Watson has decided to pass on Golden State's three-year, $4.5 million extension and will sign for the qualifying offer worth just over $1 million, multiple sources confirmed to RealGM's Alex Kennedy.
Watson will play out the remainder of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Golden State could enter the season with as many as five point guards on their roster and playing time was a big factor in this decision.

Last season, Watson averaged 9.5 points and 2.7 assists in 77 games with the Warriors.

Praise the lord almighty
pimp.gif

you should be askign the lord why the warriors even THOUGHT about resigning him.
the magic gave such a GOOD offer.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

r9rdxj.jpg

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

Originally Posted by acidicality

what did the magic offer for watson?
I think it was Anthony Johnson and a first round draft pick.
+ cash

...which you think would have been the most enticing part of their offer.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

it's a wonderful feeling knowing that this team is headed nowhere fast.
sounds like the title to the story of Cohan's ownership.

[h2]Jackson's future with Warriors unclear[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Whether Stephen Jackson returns to the Golden State Warriors this season is unclear.

As of now, general manager Larry Riley still considers Jackson a key part of the team despite the leading scorer saying he wants to go elsewhere and win.

"Stephen Jackson has been a true professional since arriving here three seasons ago, and our expectations of him have not changed despite his recent comments," Riley said in a statement. "He's been one of our most consistent and productive players during that time. We expect that same display of professionalism as we begin to prepare for training camp and the start of the upcoming regular season."

Jackson, Golden State's leading scorer and emotional swingman, on Friday night told Dime Magazine at an event in New York that he wanted out and had made that known to the Warriors brass. But he signed a three-year contract extension in November and is someone the Warriors consider an integral part of their long-term plans.

"It's not about a decision I made," Jackson told the magazine while with former Warriors teammate Al Harrington at an event sponsored by their shoe company. "It's just things are in the air right now. I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship."

The team initially had no comment on Jackson's remarks, but Riley said Monday this isn't the first time Jackson has expressed his desire to play for a winning team.

Riley didn't address whether the Warriors would look to trade him, though that could be a tough task considering Jackson is 31, fiery and has a reputation for questionable behavior.

Jackson averaged 20.7 points, 5.1 rebounds and 6.5 assists in 59 games last season.

Since Jackson arrived in the Bay Area in a trade with the Indiana Pacers in January 2007, he has been a key piece for coach Don Nelson and a major spark for the Warriors. He helped the team end a 12-year playoff drought that year and reach the postseason's second round.

"As far as his remarks on playing for a championship, that's not the first time we've heard it because that's the goal that he sets for himself and his teammates every season," Riley said. "That's the type of confidence that he exudes as a player and the reason that he has endeared himself to our fans. That's who Stephen Jackson is. ...

"We have always understood his desire to contend with the NBA's best. That's an aspiration that is shared by our entire organization. We will continue in our quest to achieve that goal, and to be aggressive in pursuit of those results."

The Warriors shocked Dallas in the 2007 playoffs, Golden State's lone postseason trip since 1994. The 2008 squad barely missed the postseason despite winning 48 games, the most by a non-playoff NBA team in a quarter-century.

Riley, previously an assistant general manager since last November, was promoted to GM in May when the team cut ties with Chris Mullin, executive vice president of basketball operations.

"We have always understood his desire to contend with the NBA's best. That's an aspiration that is shared by our entire organization. We will continue in our quest to achieve that goal, and to be aggressive in pursuit of those results."

*insert T.I. laughing gif*

Back
Top Bottom