Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Danillo, sorry,
laugh.gif

Yeah, there was so many more options for NYK, and Danillo is something they could have gotten late in the first.
Wait, what??? Danillo doesn't slip out of the lottery....
No, he probably wouldn't, but a good shooter? That's not something you can only get in the lottery.

Point is, they could have gotten a lot more with their pick. Just pointing out the obvious.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Becuase super coordinated 6'9 dudes who can run the point dribble, rebound shoot 3's and block shots play soft grow on trees, the Knicks made an excellent horrible selection with Gallo. He fits their style of play and if he can mange to stay healthy will do numbers nothing.

What were these options you speak of dude?
laugh.gif
TGB.

Gordon, Augustin, Bayless (who would have been an EXCELLENT fit), Brook Lopez, Anthony Randolph.

Just a few who were all projected lottery picks. I didn't know 2 rpg and .1 bpg qualify you as being a shotblocking, rebounding stud.

Not to mention his half-an assist per game.

He just doesn't seem like a playmaker to me. He'll hit an open shot sure, but he didn't show ME much last year, NYK fans may think differently, but dude wasn't healthy.

And if you're a ROOKIE and you're not healthy? That's not a good-sign.

He's not a bust, I'm not calling him that, but he's not what the doctor ordered.
Stats mean very little when evaluating young NBA players let alone blunt instruments like blocks per game or rebounds per game.
laugh.gif

That should mean a lot coming from me.
roll.gif

Numbers wise Derrick Rose was the worst defensive point guard in the league do I believe he will end up being Steve Nash? Hell no.
OJ Mayo was the worst defensive 2 guard according to the numbers do I think he will end up being that for his whole career. Absolutely not.

As far as his numbers goes it was very clear Dantoni is working him slowly into the offense, he used less possessions than any of the other rookie players, butper 100 possessions he was the most efficient scorer of any rookie player. In Europe he was a playmaker and dominated, I don't think it's a stretch tosay he can do this once he gets his health situation right.

Gordon, Augaustin, and Bayless are not pure points I don't think Dantoni wants combo gaurds runnning his offense.
Brook Lopez?
laugh.gif
You want him in that Dantoni offense man? AnthonyRandolph can't shoot like Gallo...

I dont feel like searching through this thread......

Whats the deal with Henderson? What range is he looking to be picked... 10? 15? Any teams highly interested in him?

Anthony Randolph can't shoot like Danilo can?

What are you trying to prove there?
roll.gif

You're making it out like Danilo is a rebounding, shot-blocking stud. I just don't see what you saw from him that you'd see that.

Is Danilo really a pure point? Moreso than Augustin or Bayless are? He can handle the ball fine, but a PURE, pass-first guard?

I haven't seen it from him. I know he came in a PG, but really all I can remember seeing from his is hitting some jumpers.

Anthony Randolph can't shoot like Danilo can?

What are you trying to prove there?
roll.gif

You're making it out like Danilo is a rebounding, shot-blocking stud. I just don't see what you saw from him that you'd see that.

Is Danilo really a pure point? Moreso than Augustin or Bayless are? He can handle the ball fine, but a PURE, pass-first guard?

I haven't seen it from him. I know he came in a PG, but really all I can remember seeing from his is hitting some jumpers.
I'm not saying he is some elite shot blocker, or an elite rebounder, or a pure pg but I think he is going to do many of those things thingsreasonably well. All i'm saying is to break him down into just a shooter is silly or act like his unique set of skills is easily attainable.

It seems to me that Dantoni's offense is great for great shooters with high basketball IQ's.

My point in that draft at that position I don't think there was a better player for what they do, and one thing I am sure about Dantoni is he will notdraft a point gaurd becuase he is the best point availible he will draft one when he finds one that will fit his system. The point gaurd is responsible formaking just about every decison on the court when he ran it in Phoenix so he won't draft one unless he feels it's a great fit.

I wouldn't feel comfertable puting that on Bayless, Gordon or Auguistine.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Are people saying Danilo Gillanari can run the point
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
From what he did in Europe I very much believe he can be a Hedo Turkolugh type player but I never meant run the point full time.

Matter of opinion I suppose, but I think ANY of those three would have fit fabulously into D'Antoni's system.

Matter of opinion I suppose, but I think ANY of those three would have fit fabulously into D'Antoni's system.

See, I would agree if they were not PG's 50% of the teams points were assisted by Steve Nash, only three other players in the history of the NBA had abigger hand in their teams offense. Chris Paul at 54% and John Stockton at 57%.

If it were in an off the bench Leandro Barbosa type role sure but as the main guy?
grin.gif

I don't trust DJ, Bayless, or Gordon to make those all those decisions like I said the Knicks will be patient in finding the right point for them.

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

When does Jennings start his private workouts? Dude's stock is dropping by the hour.
He's already started them and has Golden State interested @ 7.

gallinari will be a better version of hedo, this is because he doesnt need to attempt 20 shots to get his 15 points. every time he was on the floor he didsomething positive and for some reason the team always played better. now he will never be an elite rebounder, but if given starter minutes he'll be a20-7-4 guy. if you watched every single knick game last season you would believe this. we drafted him 80% on potential and 20% because of his fathersfriendship with dantoni.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

See, I would agree if they were not PG's 50% of the teams points were assisted by Steve Nash, only three other players in the history of the NBA had a bigger hand in their teams offense. Chris Paul at 54% and John Stockton at 57%.

If it were in an off the bench Leandro Barbosa type role sure but as the main guy?
grin.gif

I don't trust DJ, Bayless, or Gordon to make those all those decisions like I said the Knicks will be patient in finding the right point for them.

I think the Knicks wouldve been thrilled to get Felton to run in D'Antonis system, but I think the Bobcats have opened their eyes, and they wont let himout of Charlotte anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Durden7

I dont feel like searching through this thread......

Whats the deal with Henderson? What range is he looking to be picked... 10? 15? Any teams highly interested in him?
Likely from 12-18. Charlotte has him in a lot of mocks.

Gordon, Augaustin, and Bayless are not pure points I don't think Dantoni wants combo gaurds runnning his offense.
then why is dude in love with curry then?

gallinari will be a better version of hedo, this is because he doesnt need to attempt 20 shots to get his 15 points. every time he was on the floor he did something positive and for some reason the team always played better. now he will never be an elite rebounder, but if given starter minutes he'll be a 20-7-4 guy. if you watched every single knick game last season you would believe this. we drafted him 80% on potential and 20% because of his fathers friendship with dantoni.
he wont be better then hedo so lets stop that now

20-7-4 is a all star every year/a GREAT 2nd option for a team you really think gallinari will be that good?

dude played in like 20 something games last year was no need for us to watch every knicks games

It's out of this world to believe he won't be that good...

Hedo has been in the league for a minute and nobody in their right mind could foresee what he is now when he was with the Kings and the Spurs

I can't help but think Hedo is pulling an Austin Croshere
laugh.gif
...Get his check then bounce into oblivion.

Not really. Hedo has come along way.

From bench player, to a dude who just shoots, to a dude who's expanded his game, can come through in the clutch.

Croshere rode a few good seasons to a fat contract when things were ridiculous. Ie, Foyle's contract, Jerome James, Mark Madsen, etc

Naw man croshere rode a good finals to a big contract LOL

Once hedo body filled out, he got pt and stayed Heathy everyone saw the talent

Turk has always had the skill set to do what he is doing now. In Sacramento, he showed potential to do it his first two or three years. Then Jim Jackson cameout of no where, took his minutes and made him expendable. He never found his nitche in San Antonio and wasn't put in a position to make plays his firstfew years in Orlando. It wasn't till Stan Van Gundy realized Turk had playmaking skills did he put the ball in his hands to do work.

An NBA executive told the Boston Globe today that the Minnesota Timberwolves is working a deal with the Phoenix Suns that would send former Celtics forward AlJefferson and their sixth pick in next week's NBA Draft for All-Star Amare Stoudemire.

The Suns, which have dangled Stoudemire for some time, fiound a suitor in Minnesota that is in transition. The team announced today that coach Kevin McHale hasended his 15-year association with the team. New basketball of operations David Kahn is looking to take the franchise into another direction.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom