Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dreClark

Could JJ or Juan create their own shot like Steph?

This is the question I ask you.
In college...Juan could do whatever he wanted....much like Steph. NBA is a different beast.
That's a lie...Juan always had problems with bigger and stronger defenders in man to man defenses. Something Steph put this rest this year.
Eggzackly.

Steph got to the rack.

He got his shot of at will.

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the draft is the 25th

Maybe he's talking about the day to declare or go back to school?

golden state dont need another guard i swear they have like 12 guards and 3 fowards on their roster...i hope jennings goes to the suns...

/\ 12 guards and not one of them a true point guard

That's the funny part about it. Marcus Williams COULD be labled as a true PG, but nothing to call home about.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

/\ 12 guards and not one of them a true point guard
That's the funny part about it. Marcus Williams COULD be labled as a true PG, but nothing to call home about.
Marcus got cut in the middle of the season.

The very few games I saw of Marcus Williams he wowed me....

didn't even know until now that the Warriors just up-and-released him in March
eek.gif

Marcus signed with the Spurs till the end of this past season.

I like Holiday a lot, but not at 4. Maybe at 23 if he even lasts that long. I know the draft is all about potential, but this dude was no show for an entireyear. The Kings need a vocal leader now. If Holiday couldn't make a statement ahead of his upperclassmen, would he be willing to take charge of a team ofguys 6-7 years older than him?

Originally Posted by pkballr

Marcus signed with the Spurs till the end of this past season.

I like Holiday a lot, but not at 4. Maybe at 23 if he even lasts that long. I know the draft is all about potential, but this dude was no show for an entire year. The Kings need a vocal leader now. If Holiday couldn't make a statement ahead of his upperclassmen, would he be willing to take charge of a team of guys 6-7 years older than him?
PK, I agree w/ you. Watching him at UCLA this year, I wasn't impressed. If Rubio is off the board, which pg do you think we should take?

From CBS Sportsline:

The name Brandon Roy keeps coming up in conversations about Harden, who compares favorably to the former Pac-10 star and now NBA All-Star. Many NBA types questioned Roy's explosive athleticism at this same juncture a few years ago, only to have their concerns dismissed by Roy's performance in workouts and at the pre-draft camp. Harden scrambled those doubts about his athleticism in Chicago, testing above and beyond what was expected of him by most teams. Harden's stock was waffling in the days leading up to Chicago. Some teams seemed more enamored of workout wonders like DeMar DeRozan and Terrence Williams. Harden outshined them all in Chicago, solidifying his stock as no worse than a top-six pick.
For some reason, I'm starting to think Harden may be the best player coming out this draft. Maybe Memphis picking at two won't be a badidea because its hard to believe that OKC will pass up on him. IF Rubio couldn't workout a buyout deal, then Harden would probably be my pick at 2 overEvans and Thabeet.

That's my dude
pimp.gif

So proud to see him do well...still remember seeing his %@# for the first time, 6'1 chubby kid with a nappy %@# afro
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Could JJ or Juan create their own shot like Steph?

This is the question I ask you.
In college...Juan could do whatever he wanted....much like Steph. NBA is a different beast.
That's a lie...Juan always had problems with bigger and stronger defenders in man to man defenses. Something Steph put this rest this year.
Eggzackly.

Steph got to the rack.

He got his shot of at will.
Do either of yall have ANY recollection of Juan Dixon at UMD? Dude wasn't as prolific of a scorer as Steph, but he had no issues in gettingto the rack.

SMH. So you you're telling me Juan Dixon was Iso'ing 6'6-6'9 athletic wings at the top of the key and scoring on them at will?

SMH. So you you're telling me Juan Dixon was Iso'ing 6'6-6'9 athletic wings at the top of the key and scoring on them at will?
Juan Dixon was a ridiculous mismatch back when he was in college. He could get to the rack at will, and he could also create his own shot withease outside of the paint. What he lacked in size/strength, he made up for with his quickness. Dude was flat out dominant in the ACC.

When I saw his workout at the hax a couple weeks back that's all I needed.....his work ethic was far and beyond what I thought, and from that point on Iknew James Harden was and is going to be a load in the league. He will eventually be a 20-23 ppg scorer in the L watch.

Its funny, because I remember when we would play at audubon when I was in middle school and this dude was like one of the last picked players. Nobody wantedhim because he was fat and had asthma. Everybody used to talk about dude. All he could do was shoot in the corners. SMH at what he has become now.

Yeah, James has been questioned and doubted a lot since I met him. From not being listed as a top freshman in the LA area to commiting to ASU to now if he cantranslate his game to the NBA.

I think he'll be fine. Not sure about averaging 20+ PPG, maybe a solid 16-18 PPG scorer that can grab 4-5 RPG and 3-5 APG.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Yeah, James has been questioned and doubted a lot since I met him. From not being listed as a top freshman in the LA area to commiting to ASU to now if he can translate his game to the NBA.

I think he'll be fine. Not sure about averaging 20+ PPG, maybe a solid 16-18 PPG scorer that can grab 4-5 RPG and 3-5 APG.
I think that could be his numbers as a starting rookie depending on what team you put him on. If Memphis drafted Harden, I would like to deal Rudyfor a defensive SF and sign a PF. OJ and Harden = great work ethic, deadly shooting, better teamwork than OJ, Harden and Rudy.

wow. Name me a couple of 6'9 wings that Curry was giving buckets too. I bet you can't. It was exposed that Curry couldn't score asefficient when he was guarded by longer and athletic wings. Statistic don't lie, find his shooting stats when he played against High-Major teams and youwill see he didn't score as well. oh yeah, get off his tip too.

Back
Top Bottom