DELETE: EPIC FAIL. CAN'T MAKE AN OBSERVATION W/O OFFENDING PPL.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

What is a good non-fancy digital camera? Between $150 and $250?
I just got a Canon SX110 for like $220. Its pretty good. I dont think its a dslr but it takes good pictures.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Let them live
laugh.gif
why do you care so much? Cant do nothing nowadays without someone having something to say.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by krnxdanie1

You just mad, you don't got that guap.
You're the idiot that got stuck paying $36 for some laces.

laugh.gif
got em'
Originally Posted by Nktran001

If you have a camera, and you're taking pictures... You're a photographer
laugh.gif

It is what it is.

if you got some Jordans you can play like Michael Jordan?

^^ That is a bit of a stretch. A more appropriate question would be: "If you have basketball shoes, are you a basketball player?"

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

Originally Posted by Nktran001

If you have a camera, and you're taking pictures... You're a photographer
laugh.gif

It is what it is.

if you got some Jordans you can play like Michael Jordan?

He didn't say if you buy a camera you'll be one of the best photographers EVAR, but you can consider yourself to be one

Just like you can buy jordans and go to the rec, join a pick-up game and call yourself a basketball player

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I just got a Canon SX110 for like $220. Its pretty good. I dont think its a dslr but it takes good pictures.

Thanks. I'm looking for one a little more compact though.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Even people with inexpensive cameras. And it's not that they think they're photographer. I don't care if anyone thinks their a "photographer". You take pictures, you're a photographer. It's that they think they're somehow a qualified photographer. I for the most part ignore that sort of nonsense and function photographically in a whole different world, but when "worlds collide" it's %*##@*# annoying, I'll tell ya that.

What qualifies a photographer?...just wondering

Photography isn't just about taking pictures. It's about understanding the pictures you take and how they function in a vast array of ways.
Says who?

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Even people with inexpensive cameras. And it's not that they think they're photographer. I don't care if anyone thinks their a "photographer". You take pictures, you're a photographer. It's that they think they're somehow a qualified photographer. I for the most part ignore that sort of nonsense and function photographically in a whole different world, but when "worlds collide" it's %*##@*# annoying, I'll tell ya that.

Photography isn't just about taking pictures. It's about understanding the pictures you take and how they function in a vast array of ways.
Says who?

Says any photographer who makes good work.

Says who?

My question stands....Says who?

Says who?

Well I said that specifically. But name a photographer, million dollars says they either show, tell, or write about their work and how it functions dependingon what it is and what it's for. We're talking about something quite broad. Like pick a photographer so I can talk in concrete terms/examples andI'd be happy to explain.

you definitely sound like an unemployed photog
laugh.gif
but real talk I don't know why you care, technology is at the point where all you really need to do ispoint and click to get a good quality picture of someone or something, if your mad get mad at technology. If your a true pro you wouldn't even carehonestly because you'd be %*#+$+$ with 300k lenses shooting ferrari's for magazines, an amateur would never be able to shoot a pic like this becausethe chances of them having access to this type of camera would be slim to none, not to mention being able to operate it and get the proper lighting anyhow thisis one of my boys at a shoot enjoy

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Thanks. I'm looking for one a little more compact though.

I just purchased a canon g9.... It is cheaper because the g10 just dropped, but I love the quality, and it is compact so you don't look like an artstudent.

Says who?

Well I said that specifically. But name a photographer, million dollars says they either show, tell, or write about their work and how it functions depending on what it is and what it's for. We're talking about something quite broad. Like pick a photographer so I can talk in concrete terms/examples and I'd be happy to explain.
Say no more.
eyes.gif
smile.gif

Says who?

Well I said that specifically. But name a photographer, million dollars says they either show, tell, or write about their work and how it functions depending on what it is and what it's for. We're talking about something quite broad. Like pick a photographer so I can talk in concrete terms/examples and I'd be happy to explain.
Say no more.
eyes.gif
smile.gif

Huh?

Jesus Christ all I asked was a question. If I offended people my bad.

I am not a photographer. I used to be an amateur painter but I grew disinterested so I do know what it is like to have to put in hours, sometimes days to getsomething good and valuable. I hang out with a lot of photographers (most of them are overseas right now) and they have showed me what it takes to actuallyhave a good shoot. I'm not just making an assumption it was a good question and if you're mad too bad.

Says who?

Say no more.
eyes.gif
smile.gif

Huh?

His point is that you are trying to state there is such thing as good photography, his argument is that who justifies this.

The last statement you made basically assured his stance.

^^Well matter of factly you can take whatever photographs you want. But no one is going to take you serious as photographer beyond maybe super commercial workwith no depth what so ever or just trite %+%+ anyone can do if you don't understand how your own images function and convey ideas beyond simply whatsthere. Even something still quite commercial like fashion photography functions this way.

That's what I'm thinking. One particular cat in the WDYWT thread has the wackest pics using his Nikon D40 I believe.

I know someone in here knows who I'm talking about. He didn't get salty, his boyfriends did though.
laugh.gif
My sidekick takes better pictures than the results that he gets with thatNikon. I know its not the Nikon's fault cause that camera is a nice beginners level SLR. He just does not know how to take decent pictures with thatcamera which is sad and makes me and other people to believe he just wants to be in the "cool wanna be photography posse" but he sucks!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom