Def Jam 2000 era appreciation post!

DEF JAM back then was like The YANKEES they had all the talent that was my junior high/high school era...This was a definite "Golden Age" after 05' DEF JAM went downhill signing way too many "Southern Trap Rappers" ....Its sad to see the amount of talent they use to have like JAY,X,METH & RED etc...Now look signing clowns like GUNPLAY:smh:

Weakest era in Def Jam's history. 
indifferent.gif

^ did more for hip hop overall than the era you're talking about...even though you might not bump the music from then the **** was a game changer...and it wouldn't have been a Def Jam in 2000 without the acts of the mid to late 80's.

Def Jam turned super commercial 

Last edited:
 That's irrelevant to this discussion though. Saying that the Def Jam 2000 campaign is the weakest just crazy, especially since they're still operating today.

The thread wasn't about which era was the best, what the predecessors did etc., it's about appreciating this one in particular

How is it irrelevant? I just made a comment about it being the weakest era...as far as musical content and overall quality. 

Def Jam 2000 imo was just a weak era to me...who is still operating from that Def Jam era today?

i mean the company itself is still operating and the stuff they put out now pales in comparison the 2000 era

so 2000 couldn't possibly be the weakest...

View media item 221755

View media item 221758

View media item 221761

View media item 221763

View media item 221765

^ did more for hip hop overall than the era you're talking about...even though you might not bump the music from then the **** was a game changer...and it wouldn't have been a Def Jam in 2000 without the acts of the mid to late 80's.

Def Jam turned super commercial 
I agree with this 100%! It's really messed up how they didn't give LL Cool J the president's job of Def jam..SMH

Back
Top Bottom