December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Wrestling fans are mad weird , fans of other things (music,movies, tv, sports) never worry about how much money stars are making and barely care but wrestling fans stay mad or emotionally about EVERYTHINGor stay in someone’s pocket. Sensitive boys

Nah you are
Not sure about that Franklin.

Music: Contracts are definitely discussed.

Sports: Contracts are always discussed.

TV: The occasional convo about $ per episode is discussed.

Movies: It is discussed.

WITH wrestlers, I don't think we talk about contract $ as much as we talk about contract LENGTH.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican the Cornette vid you posted on the Bayley/Sasha match made a lot of good points. If Sasha and Bayley are beating each other to death with chairs, kendo sticks and tables, what exactly is there for Orton and Drew to do :rofl:??

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican the Cornette vid you posted on the Bayley/Sasha match made a lot of good points. If Sasha and Bayley are beating each other to death with chairs, kendo sticks and tables, what exactly is there for Orton and Drew to do :rofl:??

It is a hard convo to have but I think it makes logical sense.

But in 2020, it is too much to ask for things to make sense because wrestling is supposed to be fun and silly.

The whole idea of having a whole PPV based on HIAC is just dumb. Always has been dumb.

2 Cell matches has WWE chasing a high they will never reach ever again. HBK/Taker; Mankinds/Taker.

This, especially have a chance in a company that actively highlights your weaknesses and shrugs at your strengths. How many times have they put a mic in Richard Shay’s and watched him die out there?
I don't understand why WWE puts their own talents in situations to fail.

I can't understand that at all.

That is why I believe they are self-sabotaging at times.

It doesn't make ANY sense.

Funk content is always appreciated 8)

Vinces laugh in this :lol:
Maybe Funk was aware of what Mel Hall was doing hence the *** whooping. I don't remember specifics but he was involved in some sex scandal with Terry Garvin and maybe Pat Patterson late 80s I believe. Hall would occasionally announce as the ring announcer for Philly Spectrum cards.

It is a hard convo to have but I think it makes logical sense.

But in 2020, it is too much to ask for things to make sense because wrestling is supposed to be fun and silly.

The whole idea of having a whole PPV based on HIAC is just dumb. Always has been dumb.

2 Cell matches has WWE chasing a high they will never reach ever again. HBK/Taker; Mankinds/Taker.

That’s exactly what’s been going on, and it’s not even new, cause they’ve been chasing those two HIAC matches starting with the 6 man one where Rikishi was lightly tossed onto all that hay :lol: :lol: and having those types of matches without blood makes no sense anyway. Not even asking for 1997 ECW bloodbaths, but 3 HIAC matches and zero blood?? That’s goofy.

That’s exactly what’s been going on, and it’s not even new, cause they’ve been chasing those two HIAC matches starting with the 6 man one where Rikishi was lightly tossed onto all that hay :lol: :lol: and having those types of matches without blood makes no sense anyway. Not even asking for 1997 ECW bloodbaths, but 3 HIAC matches and zero blood?? That’s goofy.

Gotta change it to Heck in a Box at this point

Wwe shooting themselves in the foot with this whole twitch situation. They made record profits and still had to be greedy. They just had to do nothing and now probably pissed off a lot of the locker room

Not to be a jerk but everyone there other than Roman, Sasha/Becky/Charlotte/Bayley, Seth, Daniel are disposable. They can be pissed off but they aren't going anywhere. Most are living a childhood dream and there are DOZENS and DOZENS of people at the PC ready to be slid in.

Unless Andrew Yang does what he says he is going to do, they are shooting themselves in the foot but they have on bulletproof shoes.

"Everything is fine" (for now) - and I'm not being sarcastic.

Them being "greedy" got them to where they are, why (in their minds) should they stop?

Legit questions, not being a jerk.

Paige needs to quit crying on twitch and be glad she's even getting a paycheck after all the BS she's done the past few years..She talking about how she broke her neck twice for WWE..But WWE is still paying her to do next to nothing..If she'd have broke her neck twice for her toothless daddy's promotion I wonder what her life would be like..Probably terrible since nobody would know who she was..

The reason people have a successful twitch, YouTube, social media is because of their persona, it’s given them a bit of celebrity.
People are tuning in to see Paige, for example, a WWE creation. There are a million social media’s of Saraya-Jade Bevis, they aren’t any special without the WWE exposure.

I really don’t have an issue with the company doing what they are doing. The platform you’re using is coming from WWE, largely using other WWE wrestlers in association with your personal site and not to do with the company itself.

Can’t use the branding and backing then piss and moan when they aren’t getting a cut. Use your real name, use your own branding, keep it separate from WWE in everything you do. Company has its standards and practices, the new one is whatever it is. Pretty simple, follow it or go to a company who will allow you your own practice of X.

vince basically a dictator but he writes big checks for the contracts they sign. If they not happy wiping away their tears with money and want to be happier then they gotta work somewhere else because he’s not going to change and not going to stop doing things like that.

vince basically a dictator but he writes big checks for the contracts they sign. If they not happy wiping away their tears with money and want to be happier then they gotta work somewhere else because he’s not going to change and not going to stop doing things like that.

Spoiled brats

The reason people have a successful twitch, YouTube, social media is because of their persona, it’s given them a bit of celebrity.
People are tuning in to see Paige, for example, a WWE creation. There are a million social media’s of Saraya-Jade Bevis, they aren’t any special without the WWE exposure.

I really don’t have an issue with the company doing what they are doing. The platform you’re using is coming from WWE, largely using other WWE wrestlers in association with your personal site and not to do with the company itself.

Can’t use the branding and backing then piss and moan when they aren’t getting a cut. Use your real name, use your own branding, keep it separate from WWE in everything you do. Company has its standards and practices, the new one is whatever it is. Pretty simple, follow it or go to a company who will allow you your own practice of X.
This seems like IT should be common sense, but I guess some don’t have enough shirais to comprehend.

These wrestlers nowadays kill me..Y'all are making insane money to fake fight, travel the world, and getting paid better than you could ever hope doing anything else..And ya'll wanna complain cause the company that made you marketable wants to control how you make money off their investment..These millennials need to learn how the real world works and understand what signing a contract means..Especially in the entertainment world..

Wonder when WWE will start coming for their "rightful" cut of the profit from wrestler-owned wrestling schools

I think more "fans" would understand that if they were running a promotion.

Well said on everything.

tenor.gif

I think more "fans" would understand that if they were running a promotion.

Well said on everything.

Sure.

I run west coast operations for a billion dollar company, so I get to understand that side of things a lot better than most.

But they could also understand it if they just take a second and not have emotional responses to things they can be talked out. Hard to do for a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom