December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Yea, from my immediate memory (without looking stuff up), this year has been wild as hell with the wrestler deaths.

I forgot Hana was even THIS year. Goodness.

I forgot LA PArka 2 died as well.

People are really extra pissy that WWE didn't do more of a tribute for Brodie Lee..Curt Hawkins, or whatever his name is these days, was super salty..

What's y'all thoughts on what's appropriate for WWE to do in this situation?..He isn't signed to them, has worked for the main competition for about a year, and didn't exactly leave on the smoothest of terms..

I don’t think WWE had to do more than put up a graphic at the beginning of the show. Idk if they expected him to get a full tribute show, but those haven’t happened since Benoit I believe.

I get that a lot of the people travelled with him and loved him, but that’s on the performers to go out there and celebrate him, not the company.

It would be cool with them being the leader of the wrestling world to do a “We are 1 Wrestling Family” moment, but that’s not how they operate or roll.

People are really extra pissy that WWE didn't do more of a tribute for Brodie Lee..Curt Hawkins, or whatever his name is these days, was super salty..

What's y'all thoughts on what's appropriate for WWE to do in this situation?..He isn't signed to them, has worked for the main competition for about a year, and didn't exactly leave on the smoothest of terms..

I think WWE did enough so I don't necessarily agree that they needed to do more, but I understand that people who are grieving want their friend to be honored in any way possible

I get it

Thought he woulda got a 10 bell salute as much as he was beloved by everybody there but the performers out there did their thing throwing stuff out during the night.

I thought they were gonna do a 10 bell salute too, but it is what it is. AEW will more than handle the tribute.

Lose/Lose situation for WWE.

People were going to say

A. Not enough
B. Disingenuous. Did too much to attempt to compete with Aew

Lose Lose for WWE

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
danger style danger style
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

NItro: 19.02.1996

Singles Match
Arn Anderson (w/Woman) vs. Hulk Hogan
This dude Hogan finds a new way to Hulk up during each match we watch. I am tired of seeing dude at this point. Even Arn Anderson couldn’t make Hogan worth watching. Ok match for who/what they are. Hogan attempting those FIrgure 4's without the wrap around. :lol: Ahhh man. :smh:

Singles Match
Loch Ness (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. Alex Wright
Not even sure what their plans were for Loch Ness but dude definitely shouldn’t have been competing for a National Promotion at this stage in his career. That elbow must have hurt Alex Wright because there is no way to fake that. Creating Matchups like this is just asking for some type of wild injury to occur.

Singles Match
The Belfast Bruiser vs. Brad Armstrong
Solid, Solid, Solid, Solid match man. This is our first look at Fit Finley in a WCW ring. This was a good match man, something you would see on Worldwide/Saturday NIght/Pro. Now that I think about it, this was our first time seeing BRad Armstrong on Nitro as well. Also, Bischoff started planting seeds for the Cruiserweight division. Here we go! :pimp:

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Ric Flair (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman) (c) vs. Randy Savage
Eventhough I am about tired of these main event matchups, I feel like this match had good fight/fire. Of course we had to get a dirty finish but the heels will be heels so I can’t even be mad at them for that. Nice DDT Arn. Camera work almost missed Arn’s DDT as well as Woman’s shot on Savage. There was a lot going on during that last sequence. :lol:

5 February 1996
Monday Nitro

1. Randy Savage with Elizabeth and Woman vs Chris Benoit

2. Marcus Bagwell vs Ric Flair
1. Well said about Benoit looking legit vs. Top Talent. That suicide dive looked wild as hell man. I liked that finish. Interesting point about, "Babyface Lucky Champion." I hadn't looked at it that way. Hogan/Savage are joined at the hip at this point.

2. AEW Booking. Just GIVING matches to undeserving talent for the hell of it simply makes no sense. I get wanting to get the young dudes in there with the vets but let them build up to that point.

3. Yes, Woman looked so damn good.

Back
Top Bottom