December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

The recent WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view saw Roman Reigns defend his Universal Championship against Jey Uso in the first-ever "I Quit Match" inside the Hell in a Cell structure. However, the Reigns-Uso rematch from Clash of Champions was not WWE's original plan, according to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

According to Meltzer, WWE had initially penciled in a fatal four-way contest at Hell in a Cell featuring Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, and a fourth person. This also explains why WWE never followed-up on Alexa Bliss staring down Reigns during a segment of SmackDown last month, which was meant to be a tease for a showdown between Reigns and The Fiend.

***Take the report with a grain of salt***

The recent WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view saw Roman Reigns defend his Universal Championship against Jey Uso in the first-ever "I Quit Match" inside the Hell in a Cell structure. However, the Reigns-Uso rematch from Clash of Champions was not WWE's original plan, according to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

According to Meltzer, WWE had initially penciled in a fatal four-way contest at Hell in a Cell featuring Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, and a fourth person. This also explains why WWE never followed-up on Alexa Bliss staring down Reigns during a segment of SmackDown last month, which was meant to be a tease for a showdown between Reigns and The Fiend.

***Take the report with a grain of salt***
Is The Feeny a face now?

Where's Punk's sloppy elbow lol
literally went out of my way to leave it out.
Still can’t believe they did my boy Damian Priest like that. He is in the best shape of his life and the TOP wrestler in the world.
Total package Priest!
He would fair better in NJPW & AEW. You could build a lot around him and I think that those 2 companies would do that.

Damien Priest is fine where he is.

Not sure why he would take a step BACKWARD when he is already on the right path to a Main Roster spot where he could potentially be a featured player.

He isn't Ricochet, Zach Sabre, or Ibushi.

He legit has a chance on the Main Roster.

He’d be in a great spot in A&W like THE MURDERHAWK MONSTER!
Not comparable talents or personalities. Not a slight to either. AEW needs a Damien Priest & that fan base would love him.

Main roster would turn him into the now Aleister Black or worse. They really debuted him, Rico, Gargano, Ciampa as tag team last year. All in which were established singles wrestlers w/ 2 of the 4 being in feud.

Priest is a true misfit, not good in WWE.

Back
Top Bottom