December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

C89E3407-873B-48EA-BA80-E171ABB1BF98.jpeg
1579869244629.gif

Still don’t get what she’s asking for. Is it just to drop the word “Women’s” from the official title name? Which is a good idea but then why have divisions at all? (My man Shorty G is being held back too)
Or do they want to be able to compete for any belt?
No. When the women have matches the announcers specifically go out their way to announce that it’s a “women’s division match” instead of just letting it be a match. When he guys have a match they don’t go out of their way to announce that its a “men’s division match.” Its as marginalizing as terms like “female rapper” or “African America” and makes them come as secondary and not belonging. There’s no need to say they’re “female wrestlers” they’re just wrestlers who happen to be women.

No. When the women have matches the announcers specifically go out their way to announce that it’s a “women’s division match” instead of just letting it be a match. When he guys have a match they don’t go out of their way to announce that its a “men’s division match.” Its as marginalizing as terms like “female rapper” or “African America” and makes them come as secondary and not belonging. There’s no need to say they’re “female wrestlers” they’re just wrestlers who happen to be women.
Agree but then what about the other divisions?

Priscilla Kelly being called “Hell’s favorite harlot” :lol: :lol: I know Britt Baker turns heel soon, but her actual wrestling, yikes. She’s as bad as Billie Kay, but was initially pushed as a face of the division type wrestler like she’s Charlotte. Meanwhile, I’m watching Priscilla walk her through this match like she’s Alexa.

Priscilla Kelly being called “Hell’s favorite harlot” :lol: :lol: I know Britt Baker turns heel soon, but her actual wrestling, yikes. She’s as bad as Billie Kay, but was initially pushed as a face of the division type wrestler like she’s Charlotte. Meanwhile, I’m watching Priscilla walk her through this match like she’s Alexa.

"Hell's Favorite Harlot"?

Britt Baker with the dentist getup?

Glen Jacobs appreciation match right there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom