Debeers to sell affordable lab grown Diamonds this fall

So why would I pay for the lab diamond again?

Unless it's 90% cheaper get that away from me. Dudes making these making a killing only because it looks like a diamond so they price it close to it.

FOH. I'm not gonna be apart of these overpriced lab diamond BS.

this thread is perfect timing. Shopping for my girls engagement ring very soon. She is not materialistic at all and since lab grown diamonds (i assume) are conflict free....this is a great option for a cheaper price. Will also look at moissanite

Thanks NT

this thread is perfect timing. Shopping for my girls engagement ring very soon. She is not materialistic at all and since lab grown diamonds (i assume) are conflict free....this is a great option for a cheaper price. Will also look at moissanite

Thanks NT

Just get her a natural gemstone as the center is she likes colored stones, Aquamarine, Morganite, and Sapphire are becoming more popular in ERs these days. They aren't as durable as a diamond but they are less expensive than diamond (and these fugayze diamond simulants).

Silly would be ruining the trade by selling these for nothing, which I told you all qas not going to happen. You might save a couple Gs buying a big lab grown diamond, but it's worthless to people that actually collect natural stones. DeBeers is not stupid.

umm.. there's clearly something off about them if they can be sent to a lab to reveal whether it's labmade or organic... if they come with the stamp that it's labmade then it aint worth it either

Speaking of which, will alchemy or lab made gold ever become a reality?

Gold is an element. Can't make an element. Then again, with quantum physics, who knows ?
it Is a diamond... :lol:

on a atomic level its identical. damn b. lol

Lol... some of these guys are in denial. Not sure what part of having the same atomic structure they don't understand.

Last edited:
Dudes out here saying real diamonds are overpriced.

But still willing to pay for a lab diamond.

50% cheaper is still 50% spent.

diamonds to have functional attributes that would be more appealing if da price were lowered.

moissanite outperform em optically so i ain't tripping either way.

umm.. there's clearly something off about them if they can be sent to a lab to reveal whether it's labmade or organic... if they come with the stamp that it's labmade then it aint worth it either

It’s not like women getting diamond engagement rings will care. They just want a nice looking rock that they aren’t paying for.

It’s not like women getting diamond engagement rings will care. They just want a nice looking rock that they aren’t paying for.

i dont believe this tbh, women are all in competition with each other... "oh nice ring, how much did it cost? oh that rock is too big for it to cost so low... it's fake? oh it's not fake it's labmade?" then they go onto tell their girlfriends that this woman has a "fake ring."

females take a lot of digs at each other, and the ring is never about the man who gave it to them, it's really about status amongst women... or else they wouldnt care bout no damn ring. if it was bout the love, then it'd be bout the love not the size or cut clarity of a rock

If they don't know, they won't care, but if they find out, they'll think you took a shortcut to get them an engagement ring.

Then she can give back the ring or pay the guy back for it. Shouldn’t matter if the guy got a good deal on it. It’s not her money.

so they can make diamonds
are they able to make gold as well???
i mean all u need is to know the composition
then make those conditions in order to make it

Diamond is made of carbon.

Gold is made of Gold.

They had alchemist back in the day trying to recreate gold. That's how it was discovered that Gold is an element and you cannot make Gold.

i mean all u need is to know the composition
then make those conditions in order to make it
That's what I was getting at. People can make lab-made diamonds, clone animals, self-driving cars.... but not create gold? I think at some point just about anything other than time travel is possible with technology.

some of ya were high during high school science :lol: :smh:

a Diamond is Carbon covalently bonded together.

gold is AU on da periodic table of elements... you can't create or destroy elements.

Chemistry class was tough in high school. I dunno how I passed my chem classes in college.

Back
Top Bottom