Dear Niketalk, please explain to me the utility of Twitter and why should I sign up to it?

there is no point to twitter unless you are a company, celebrity or create some sort of product

other than that mainly lames use twitter

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

there is no point to twitter unless you are a company, celebrity or create some sort of product

Ahhh man you're right! 
I'm a lame for using Twitter!

indifferent.gif

If you want to follow your favorite athletes or friends etc... 

And be up to date get Twitter. 

Like for example I follow Adam Schefter, he'll post everything he knows or found out before he'll announce it to ESPN!

Let's say Dez Bryant (God Forbid) wasn't going for Sunday's game Adam Schefter would announce it.

Or, let's just say you like to be up to date on music I know dude's like Drake, Wale, and others will drop the link on Twitter for their new song for y'all to download for free. 

Just things like that... 

Thx MrYoungMoney... very informative post. (though, personally i'm not into drake and them, i have however discovered Kendrick Lamar and J.cole, like what they do. )

and what about hashtags#. How does one go about using these and what is that they do exactly?
ohwell.gif

News. I follow experts in my fields of interest and because of that I'm always the first in the know. In addition, there can be funny accounts to follow. Can't get that on facebook.

MrYoungMoney wrote:
Ahhh man you're right! 
I'm a lame for using Twitter!

indifferent.gif

If you want to follow your favorite athletes or friends etc... 

And be up to date get Twitter. 

Like for example I follow Adam Schefter, he'll post everything he knows or found out before he'll announce it to ESPN!

Let's say Dez Bryant (God Forbid) wasn't going for Sunday's game Adam Schefter would announce it.

Or, let's just say you like to be up to date on music I know dude's like Drake, Wale, and others will drop the link on Twitter for their new song for y'all to download for free. 

Just things like that... 

This.    
I use it to follow athletes, artists, newspeople, stores and other stuff just to keep me updated. 

twitter is good for information but a lot of lames just use it to post stuff about themselves

I like it because I don't have to go to multiple websites to check various topics.  I just decided to follow some CNBC anchor hoping to get other insights, but they tweet about their personal life.
indifferent.gif

Twitter is what you make it

Like others have said, I use it for news on sports/music/etc. and a few ppl for lols when i'm bored. Idk how some of these regular dudes have over 30k tweets in a couple months tho
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Naw 
indifferent.gif

Shame on no one mentioning #NTwitter yet, no lie, I literally look forward to reading the stuff these fools tweet everyday. Trolling, funny pics, just randomness.
pimp.gif

Outside of that I use it to get news, music, to share thoughts, ideas, etc.

1. Networking....if used correctly you can put yourself in position to speak to people you wouldn't normally
2. Information...getting info 1st or sending info out to others
3. Entertainment...people are funny man.  good laughs always on there

combine all those reasons and you have a good resource.  Twitter has opened alot of doors for me in the last year.  I love it and recommend it.

Follow me here  [URL]http://twitter.com/#!/WayneWash0[/url]

Back
Top Bottom