Dealing With Sub-Par Co-Workers, Stories NT? The Official Dead Beat Worker Thread

Originally Posted by Retro23J

30t6p3b.gif
 Chick in my department would take 2 hour lunch breaks, come back with her food and THEN eat at her desk for another hour. Then at least 2 days out of the week you could count on our manager telling us she wasn't coming back in after lunch so we need to split her work up between us.
I'd be jelly.

I work with about 6 black women and I'd hate to stereotype but they shoulda never gave them the Internet. They literally watch basketball wives, housewives of new jersey, the game or whatever lame reality show ALL DAY at work. I work in a customer service area of government accounting so we have people calling us non stop the whole day with questions about gettiing their money and the more people who are watching tv shows instead of answering phones just builds up the work load. It's just infuriating at times, like we all have two computer monitors you CAN do two things at once it's not that hard.
mad.gif

the worst part about it is most of them are at least 20 years deep working within the government so they don't care at all about the job anymore and all they talk about is their retirement coming soon. It just irks the hell out of me that I'm only 4 years in and I do their job MUCH better than they do already
30t6p3b.gif

I work with about 6 black women and I'd hate to stereotype but they shoulda never gave them the Internet. They literally watch basketball wives, housewives of new jersey, the game or whatever lame reality show ALL DAY at work. I work in a customer service area of government accounting so we have people calling us non stop the whole day with questions about gettiing their money and the more people who are watching tv shows instead of answering phones just builds up the work load. It's just infuriating at times, like we all have two computer monitors you CAN do two things at once it's not that hard.
mad.gif

the worst part about it is most of them are at least 20 years deep working within the government so they don't care at all about the job anymore and all they talk about is their retirement coming soon. It just irks the hell out of me that I'm only 4 years in and I do their job MUCH better than they do already
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

30t6p3b.gif
 Chick in my department would take 2 hour lunch breaks, come back with her food and THEN eat at her desk for another hour. Then at least 2 days out of the week you could count on our manager telling us she wasn't coming back in after lunch so we need to split her work up between us.
I'd be jelly.
happens all the time. Back when i worked for CVS (back when it was longs drugs), coworker used to take a longa-- lunch break and i'd be stuck working the register for 30-60 just for him
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

30t6p3b.gif
I'd be jelly.
happens all the time. Back when i worked for CVS (back when it was longs drugs), coworker used to take a longa-- lunch break and i'd be stuck working the register for 30-60 just for him
frown.gif
frown.gif

All I have to say from my own past work experience in the past 12 years is that government civilian workers are the WORST. Especially if you are working on a contract job with them and you are just a contract worker.

The government civilian worker will look for any way to take advantage of you. Most of the managers have a HIGH & MIGHTY attitude because they know it's hard as HELL to get them FIRED.

Examples: I worked on a contract where I was salaried and had no overtime pay at all. I would at least once or twice a month get assigned a project with short notice asking me to complete it by working 10 hour days. Since they couldn't pay me OT all they would offer me was comp time which I had use up within 2 weeks or else I would lose it.

Heck I once had a government worker tell me straight up "You know you can easily be replaced. Once the contract is up for renewal your company won't be brought back and we can fill your position with another government civilian worker".

All I have to say from my own past work experience in the past 12 years is that government civilian workers are the WORST. Especially if you are working on a contract job with them and you are just a contract worker.

The government civilian worker will look for any way to take advantage of you. Most of the managers have a HIGH & MIGHTY attitude because they know it's hard as HELL to get them FIRED.

Examples: I worked on a contract where I was salaried and had no overtime pay at all. I would at least once or twice a month get assigned a project with short notice asking me to complete it by working 10 hour days. Since they couldn't pay me OT all they would offer me was comp time which I had use up within 2 weeks or else I would lose it.

Heck I once had a government worker tell me straight up "You know you can easily be replaced. Once the contract is up for renewal your company won't be brought back and we can fill your position with another government civilian worker".

Originally Posted by MR J 858

you ain't never lied, I was a contractor but now I'm a civilian employee and they used to treat us like crap I'll admit it. Thing is a lot of the contractors are way more competent than the government employees, %$*# I was one of them that's why they offered me the promotion
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

you ain't never lied, I was a contractor but now I'm a civilian employee and they used to treat us like crap I'll admit it. Thing is a lot of the contractors are way more competent than the government employees, %$*# I was one of them that's why they offered me the promotion
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Loyal Flyness

Originally Posted by airheaddd

one of the assistant managers at lids, terrible. shows up late everyday, wears his du-rag with his cape flapping under his hats, and expects me to take him serious......no

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Loyal Flyness

Originally Posted by airheaddd

one of the assistant managers at lids, terrible. shows up late everyday, wears his du-rag with his cape flapping under his hats, and expects me to take him serious......no

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom