Dead Bodies On Mt. Everest

damu

Banned
Mt. Everest has around 200 dead bodies on the mountain. It is nearly impossible for recovery of a body off the mountain. Most of the bodies are in the same exact position they were when they died. Perfectly preserved in time because of the cold. Along the route up to the summit climbers will pass all these bodies. There are bodies over 50 years old that look like they were placed there yesterday.

The "death zone" is 26,000 feet. Air is so thin that there is no margin for error. Immediate frostbite will happen. Lack of oxygen leaves climber bewildered and weak. Cost for one to go on a trip is $25,000. 

Several bodies are given names. This one is "green boots". Many of the bodies are now landmarks along the way up. "green Boots" has been there since 1996. 
snow1l.jpg

“PLEASE don’t leave me,

Yeah Mt. Everest is no joke. I suggest watching discovery's Everest: Beyond the limit.

That dude from 1924 has some really cheap looking gear

dude looks like he climbed up there with a t-shirt and some rope

RIP

That must be a trip to climb up the mountain, and see corpses. RIP.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

RIP

Yeah Sir Edmund Hilary was the first person to make it in 1953. Must've been 100x harder back then too.

015edmundDM_468x534.jpg

Everest looks so peaceful in all those pictures. Makes the dead bodies especially creepy.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

RIP

Yeah Sir Edmund Hilary was the first person to make it in 1953. Must've been 100x harder back then too.

015edmundDM_468x534.jpg

dont forget Tenzing Norgay. 
pimp.gif

Tenzing_Norgay.gif

RIP

Yeah Sir Edmund Hillary was the first person to make it in 1953. Must've been 100x harder back then too.

015edmundDM_468x534.jpg
Yessir, Hillary and Norgay
pimp.gif

New Zealand represent.

His Himalayan Trust has helped to build a lot of schools and hospitals within Nepal. One of the greatest Kiwi's to have ever lived, not only for his mountaineering achievements but for what he's done for other people as well.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

RIP

Yeah Sir Edmund Hillary was the first person to make it in 1953. Must've been 100x harder back then too.
Yessir, Hillary and Norgay
pimp.gif

New Zealand represent.

His Himalayan Trust has helped to build a lot of schools and hospitals within Nepal. One of the greatest Kiwi's to have ever lived, not only for his mountaineering achievements but for what he's done for other people as well.

Yeah that man is truly a source of inspiration
pimp.gif

Damn that's sad. It's unfortunate the two bikers couldn't save the lady stranded. But it was nice of them to give her a proper burial though.
Good thread op.

Daang never even knew about this?! Is this like general knowledge that there's dead peeps just chillin up there?
laugh.gif

I've made it a personal goal of mine to climb the mountain one day. Maybe not all the way to the top, but as far as I can go.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I've made it a personal goal of mine to climb the mountain one day. Maybe not all the way to the top, but as far as I can go.

Yeah even the basecamp would be sick as hell
pimp.gif

Mount haunted.

This ain't beautiful. Peoples efforts came short of their goals and ended up dieing. Then other people just leave their bodies as they climb by it. That $!*+ is beautiful to y'all? Sick

r.I.p though to everyone who died on that moantain.

THE MOUNTAIN COLLECTS ALL THE SOULS

$25,000 TO CLIMB A SNOW-HILL THO ?

SOUNDS LIKE A CHEAP FUNERAL

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Then other people just leave their bodies as they climb by it. That $!*+ is beautiful to y'all? Sick
I'd like to see you trying to get those bodies down. Imagine a situation with way less oxygen than normally even with an oxygen system and you're dragging a body behind you. Not to forget that you're on a mountain.

Part of the beauty of Everest is it's austerity. The people that died knew the risk they took. Of course it's sad but it's the price you might have to pay.

Back
Top Bottom