DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

SnyderGawdSignal ON!

Zack-Snyder-Batsignal-Justice-League.jpg

Last edited:
So it's been confirmed Common the rapper, is trying to go for Green Lantern. ....... Lol I really do hope Ray J goes for it now. :lol:
Common was already cast as GL to direct the cancelled George Miller Justice League movie.

He's built up his acting resume diligently and is a solid actor.

[quote name="Fresh Like Will" url="/t/555487/dceu-movie-thread-shazam-2-films-black-adam-gets-his-own-film/24300_100#p]By setting the bar too high, it makes it easier to give yourself a reason to be disappointed to keep up this doom and gloom. [/quote]
The bar was already set high when Batffleck was announced to direct.

That's what I think you don't get. Maybe you disagree he's not a great director or something. I dunno.

If that's the case then clearly you won't get it. Take it as a difference of opinion and keep it moving. All that rationalizing to pretend it's not a big deal is bull ****.

Ben isn't going anywhere.
Batffleck is no longer directing.

Okay, *wrote Scooby Doo.
The point is moot man. Means nothing.
What has he directed before Guardians?
Nobody gave a **** about Guardians of the Galaxy before. It doesn't ******* matter.

You trying to compare Guardians to Batman is pathetic. Even Ben is aware of the scope and scale of Batman.

I'm just saying that the right guy with the right mind is all that's necessary. You don't need a "truly great" director to make a great CBM.
I disagree. Especially within context. A great director just stepped down from directing Batman. They gotta get a great one to replace him with.

This isn't Edgar Wright being replaced by Peyton Reed.
I'm not "deciphering" anything.
I quoted the post where you made the attempt and replied to it.

He's recruiting help to tackle this beast of a movie.
Just to be clear a great director isn't needed to direct "this beast of a movie"?

By setting the bar too high, it makes it easier to give yourself a reason to be disappointed to keep up this doom and gloom. Ben isn't going anywhere. He's still co-writing, executive producing, and starring in it. I have no doubt in my mind Ben will hand pick the best director for his vision and someone who he can gel with. In this situation, fit > feat.

Sounds like you just have the bar set really low...
Basically. Trying to get the rest of us to do the same.

Aquaman looking like it's going to be awesome.
For now....

That's not a M.Night picture
:rofl: If only they did get him. Guaranteed comedy.

Last edited:
Just get the best comic book arc that can fit in the DCEU (something like Hush if it's a prequel) and just have Snyder go by page by page adaptation mixed in with his visuals and action and they should be solid.

Snyder's got a lot on his plate. Getting a director won't be a problem. It's a potential billion dollar tentpole Batman movie led by Ben Affleck.

I think Ben will get the right guy for the job. The rumor is the current shortlist is Matt Reeves, George Miller, Matt Ross, Gavin O'Connor, and Denis Villeneuve. With Ben executive producing, he's still going to have a say and you can tell he wants the best for the movie.

who ever the director is, dont want the action to go back to the burton/nolan days :x

Last edited:
You know these guys are itching to get back in the stu and choreograph some more great action sequences. As soon as he rose up through the floor. :pimp:

Common was in suicide squad how he gonna be GL

Alfre Woodard has played 2 different characters in the MCU. Just don't worry about it and I doubt people will really care.

Man you know damn well people was asking all about that when it happen. Plenty of articles and forums were trying to figure out what was going on.

I guess, but did it really change anything at the end of the day? Naah, you just let it slide and eventually move on. :lol:

He quoted me and left a wow comment rather than tell me I'm an idiot in like a 10 page article about how I'm wrong.

I think that's good enough to roll with it. Book it WB! And to make it better, just have Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck write the whole damn DCEU. You're welcome for this free consultation.

Last edited:
Disappointed Ben won't be the director, but I'll still have hope that its going to be good. I just would have liked to see his vision from the directors chair and think it would have been a special movie.

Back
Top Bottom