DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Better not change the suit in JL...it was perfect maybe have the cape drap over the shoulder tho

After watching the film, did anything change for you guys from the *second trailer that seemingly revealed too much?

Last edited:
Yah I definitely wish Doomsday and trinity reveal wasn't int he trailer, definitely would have felt more epic seeing it as a surprise in the theater.

Though I am not sure if the reveal in the trailer might have helped with the big opening weekend, the audience might have thought there was more because they non-chalantly revealed it so they went to see anyways? And the reveal might have pushed those on the fence about seeing the film?

I am not really sure but I could imagine them sacrificing that pay-off to get a giant opening but it might have just been a big blunder by the marketing department.

Second trailer ruined the Wonder Woman arrival for me.

My crowd went crazy when she showed up and I just had to sit there like :frown:

I purposely avoided the trailers, I felt like they were giving away too much. Doomsday shouldn't have been part of the trailer IMO. It was hard to avoid because the media campaign for this movie is huge, but I did my best.

James Wan on how much control Snyder has on the Aquaman film:

"Well, I think the story that I would like to tell is still at the end of the day my story. And that’s what’s cool with Zack, is that he’s actually very respectful of that. He’s actually helping me out in some ways with certain things that he’s doing with his [films] so that I can have better groundwork with the standalone Aquaman story."

The second trailer was basically an abridged third act.

They basically show:
- Doomsday being created from Zod
- Wonder Woman saving Batman
- Batman and Supes' becoming BFF's
- Trinity battling Doomsday

it really feels like they only left that desert dream in the movie because they already included it in the trailers

Back
Top Bottom