DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Would you guys prefer for a Teen Titans movie or for them to keep the Cyborg movie? My niece would love to see Starfire and Raven.

If the studio had any sort of intelligence, they'd immediately stop the Cyborg solo film.

Get a Young Justice / Teen Titans in its place to set up more of the universe.
Wouldn't they need an established justice league to start young justice?

There would be more kids than adults at this rate

If the studio had any sort of intelligence, they'd immediately stop the Cyborg solo film.

Teen Titans isn't happening. There currently are no active sidekicks in the DCeU.

And I don't care to see Teen Titans anyway.

The Cyborg solo comes across as a waste. The character isn't my first choice for a movie. Nor my second, third, or fourth.

I'm excited for the heavy hitters like Flash, Aquaman, and WW.

But I'd also prefer more interesting, nuanced, and self contained stories like Suicide Squad (just with more interesting characters).

Like Legends of Tomorrow could have been an awesome movie. Or Booster Gold.

Hell, an Animal Man movie would be fire.

Would you guys prefer for a Teen Titans movie or for them to keep the Cyborg movie? My niece would love to see Starfire and Raven.

Wouldn't they need an established justice league to start young justice?

There would be more kids than adults at this rate
Isn't the Cyborg movie slated for 2020? They can fix the release schedule a bit.

Last edited:

This I agree with. That movie is going to be a goddamn disaster and they'd be better served doing a GL before Cyborg. Just do a cyborg team film or something cause he's not interesting in the slightest bit.

Who has the line up of the DC movies??

I saw a post somewhere on IG 

Last edited:
I feel like if we looked at Marvels movies with the same scrutiny we could have the same gripes. It's a movie about superheroes at the end of the day.
This. /thread

I'm hyped as hell for the whole DCEU. I wonder if DC gets Darkseid on screen before we see Thanos in action.

This is my theory...

In JL1, Lois dies, either by set-up by Darkseid or Lex and Bats gets blamed. Either Supes is already back to life or he just goes back to life, he finds out about the news and he goes injustice crazy. Bats then has to create JL to try and stop him or beat some sense into him.

In the end, it is revealed that Darkseid is coming and that leads to JL2 and maybe even GL coming in to help out?

Am I crazy for still putting that in spoiler at this point? :lol:

You just do what you want at this point regarding spoilers.

That sounds crazy btw. I hope they don't do that it that way.

I feel like if we looked at Marvels movies with the same scrutiny we could have the same gripes. It's a movie about superheroes at the end of the day.
This. /thread

I'm hyped as hell for the whole DCEU. I wonder if DC gets Darkseid on screen before we see Thanos in action.

This is my theory...

In JL1, Lois dies, either by set-up by Darkseid or Lex and Bats gets blamed. Either Supes is already back to life or he just goes back to life, he finds out about the news and he goes injustice crazy. Bats then has to create JL to try and stop him or beat some sense into him.

In the end, it is revealed that Darkseid is coming and that leads to JL2 and maybe even GL coming in to help out?

I'd say you're crazy :lol: no need for spoilers it's in the thread title :lol:

I like your theory man. So they do an injustice story line pretty much.

But what about the flashpoint hints? Do those stories cross?

^ I've heard nothing about Sinister Six. And the FF4 sequel is probably a no go.

Last edited:
It was accurate when it was made. Now the majority of the Spider-Man spin-offs via sony have been moved or cancelled, F42 has been cancelled, and I'm pretty sure we know the Gambit date now.

ASM3 is definitely gone.

Also I hope with the DCEU there's more cross over, like these dudes and ladies are in each other's movies somewhat or make cameos.

That's what I don't like about marvel, every villian is a threat to the world, yet no one ever shows up to help out or assist in anyway? :lol:

Really wish they would've chosen my guy MM in stead of Vic. The tone of the DCEU is perfect for his character

Last edited:
It kinda makes the individual heroes look weak though if they need help in all their solo movies.

This. /thread

This is my theory...

Alright no more spoilers :lol:

I think it works with it, his warning was that "It was all Lois" and that Batman "was right" so I think Bats dream sequence where Supes unmasked him and tells him that "she was his world" stays true.

It's also funny because Flash did say that he was too soon so I think he overshot it and suppose to appear later on. Plus Flash has that somewhat dystopian gear so it might be like that Mad Max future where he is from.

So my theory isn't exactly Flashpoint but it could also be except the changes wouldn't be as far back, just from where JL1 begins?

This. /thread

This is my theory...

Alright no more spoilers :lol:

I think it works with it, his warning was that "It was all Lois" and that Batman "was right" so I think Bats dream sequence where Supes unmasked him and tells him that "she was his world" stays true.

It's also funny because Flash did say that he was too soon so I think he overshot it and suppose to appear later on. Plus Flash has that somewhat dystopian gear so it might be like that Mad Max future where he is from.

So my theory isn't exactly Flashpoint but it could also be except the changes wouldn't be as far back, just from where JL1 begins?

Makes sense actually.

I wonder if they go full injustice and we get multiple supes and time travel and everything. That'd be tough to pull off and it'd be a **** show in here like usual :lol:

Yea don't think I've ever seen him in anything else but I already prefer him to Grant Gustin :lol:

Can't wait to eventually see Darkseid disintegrating folks on screen with his Omega beams :smokin

Last edited:
I think he has the acting chops to do it, but again do not expect a similar Flash from the tv show.

But in the roles I've seen him in, he's been pretty flamboyant (gay in Wallflower movie) and I think he was in Trainwreck too.

He might get that Eisenberg thing where you cannot unsee him after seeing some of those roles but he was skinny as hell in those films and he has bulked up so maybe the perception might change?

Last edited:
im going to preface this post by saying i didn't read the comics like that and only saw the animated version of this previously.

this was a solid movie. is it perfect? probably not. and comic book readers may even be more critical of it. but this is absolutely not the trash film the "professional critics" made it out to be. i saw this in FULL IMAX this morning and i walked away thinking it was great and felt the reviews once again can really be misleading.

its a long film at 2.5 hours but it has to be. if its shorter, it doesn't do the story justice and would feel rushed. in my eyes WB has to play some type of catch up and compete with Marvel, so this movie had a lot to do. with marvel, they introduced characters and overall universe story with mad films...iron man 1-3, captain americas, etc...they've been doing that for some years now. DC wants to go straight to their superhero conglomerate in the justice league in 1 -2 years so there is little time to establish characters.

so thats where batman vs superman comes in. and i think it did a solid job. it would make no sense to do a full batman intro movie because WB gave us the dark knight trilogy...not the same universe, but the intro to batman backstory we needed, and the studio wasn't about to feed america that story again, especially after nolan killed it, just so it fits in this justice league universe.

also i think there can be too many superhero movies. marvel is putting out sometimes 3 movies in a year and if DC jumps in, thats gonna be a lot of comic book movies to move, not to mention other big time movies...it just seems like too much for studios and moviegoers to process in a given period. i could be wrong about that.

story wise, i thought it was well paced and coherent generally. i got a few questions, but overall i was cool wit it. it moved slow in the beginning but it had to establish its footing and i expect a movie of this size to do that. better to start of slow then be rushed and all over the place, and even then to some degree, some things may feel rushed.

for example wonder woman, wasn't well developed in this movie. but thats ok. i think they kind of are working backwards with the wonder woman movie coming out after the fact, but whatever, i think this is due to the catch up WB is doing and wanted people to get some interest in other characters early on. they got it from me for wonder woman, gal gadot is bad AF and was AWESOME as WW. same goes for the other members of the JL

Han lost. gal > any of those tokyo drift broads...

im undecided on eisenberg as lex. i don't think it was bad. i can't decide yet lol. i was expecting a more suave less looney depiction but maybe im expecting something inaccurate. idk.

jeremy irons was refreshing as alfred. i haven't seen dude in a movie in a long time, and he really fit that character well, albeit not that big of a role. affleck also did a solid job of batman.

i think the problem is sometimes we can't see some people be on screen the hero we read, and sometimes that is true. i think after nolan, its hard to live up some of those characters, and i think Jared Leto will have the same scrutiny as he is playing a role, Ledger won the oscar for.

but affleck did a solid job and could ask more from what i saw.

so this was def worth every penny, and im glad it wasn't 3D. and i will be seeing this again (with the gf this time) and maybe ill be able to pick up some stuff i missed before.

thats my review lol. one BIG question tho.

was that the flash in wayne's dream? cuz that **** ain't make sense. i know the flash can travel thru time (flashpoint paradox) but how could wayne dream that if he never met the flash in the first place? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom