DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

My view of Henry Cavil has thawed this time around

I'm beginning to think it's not his acting, but the direction he's getting and the script.

:lol: yall have no sympathy for spoilers so i changed the title to remind you guys to please keep them spoilered for the time being.

Last edited:
Some ppl will probably still post spoilers anyway. Better title would be to tell people to stay away if they haven't watched yet.

I disagree as many still tries to decide if they want to see the film or not through others reactions so they should be able to enter, again early screenings ended only a handful of hours ago.

This was the main reason there was an MCU thread and separate MCU movie threads before but most agreed to just combine it all into one MCU thread as long we have some sort of boundaries and all people really ask is a weekend til you unleash the spoilers outside of spoiler tags. And it's been working so far til just a page or so ago.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

Last edited:
if you're a fan of film, its probably not worth watching

if you dont care about good story telling and just want to see epic moments without much substance, go see the movie

Is it just me or that lightning effects during the doomsday fight scene made it looked like it was some tv show fight scene and just plain cheap? I wished they didnt have those

Is it just me or that lightning effects during the doomsday fight scene made it looked like it was some tv show fight scene and just plain cheap? I wished they didnt have those
the lightning on the building where doomsday was created looked straight out of the flash tv show 

Spoiler free impressions:

Just got back from the theater. Saw it with a couple friends and they said it was great. I felt the same way. There were definitely things I didn't like but I really enjoyed the film. You could tell the audience generally liked it too. I don't see how this movie could not appeal to general audiences. There is clear DC fan service, but it's not as thick as some early critics made me think it would be.

- I wasn't the biggest fan of Man of Steel.

- I felt this film was leagues better. :nerd:

- Jesse Eisenberg was still cringeworthy, but didn't affect the quality of the film for me.

- The story moves from point-to-point a little fast, but not as bad as Watchmen. I'm really excited to see an extended cut on Blu-ray. I feel like the story will flow better. (I understand that they needed to have the film be a certain time. General audiences aren't going to sit through really long movies, so you put out the super extendo cut for the home release like Lord of the Rings.)

- The movie IS doing a lot. There are quick cameos that serve a purpose for the future, which they try to make relevant to the current story and blend them in as naturally as possible, but I can definitely see the complaint about this. It wasn't an issue for me though.

- Some of the dream sequences (or maybe all of them, I can't remember) just come out of nowhere. They could of edited them waaaay better. There's one in particular that is a huge WTF moment that had me doing the jagsfan.gif. It isn't until it's done until you find out it was in the characters head, but it transitions to another WTF moment right after. :lol:

- The story for TDK flowed a lot better, but this movie has way more moving parts. I understand people are going to compare it to the Nolan films, because that's the gold standard, but BVS is great in different ways.

- Superman (who's never been a character I've cared for) was kind of cool. He has his moments and I actually cared about the things he cared about and for his well being in this film. I didn't think they could do that.

- This may be the most awesome portrayal of Batman on film. He makes great use of his gadgets and mind in battle. He literally throws everything but the kitchen sink in his fights and it's some of the most satisfying action sequences in a comic book action film or action film in general to me.

- I was so wrong about Gal Gadot as WW. I have to swallow my pride and say that @shogun was right. :smh: Admitting that is killing me on the inside. She was ELECTRIC. When she actually fights with the trinity she is a certified BADASS.

- Overall. Really awesome film. Super excited for what's coming down the pipeline. This is definitely a movie I want to see multiple times. Word to @Kal-El-8. It's a great time for fans of superheroes from all publishers.

Might not just be you.

Another note - I was mostly underwhelmed with the final fight scene. I was shocked about that. I didn't expect to have to critique the fighting. It was just brawling and explosions. No finesse. No real choreography.
Except for when Bats took down the warehouse, of course.

Last edited:
I know I'm late for all my Bay Area NTers but the Sundance Kabuki Theater with assigned balcony seating is :smokin. Gonna be going to this place mroe often.

Seems like the audience didn't realize that was Flash talking to Bruce. Dude had ZERO reaction.

I thought the movie was a 7/10.

Spoiler free impressions:

- I was so wrong about Gal Gadot as WW. I have to swallow my pride and say that @shogun was right. :smh: Admitting that is killing me on the inside. She was ELECTRIC. When she actually fights with the trinity she is a certified BADASS.

that smirk she had after being knocked down by Doomsday was downright awesome

that spoiler 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom