DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

reminds me of

eek.gif
I really need to see this movie

All I'm saying is I'm not going to base my expectations on some snobby movie critic who doesn't know anything about Batman, Superman, or Iron Man. Their job is to review the movie itself; that's fine.

If it's from comicvine, newsarama, or IGN, that's a different story.
I can feel you on that even though comicvine tends to love the majority of everything :lol: (I listen to their podcasts and Tony, Matt, and Corey rarely rate poorly even if they don't like something they'll just have the person that did like it rate and review it. Word to Tony not liking MOS at all :lol: ).

I don't let critics decide my opinion either. Just with a grain of salt I consider them. At best it's looked at after I see a movie to see if my opinion meshed with it or not.

Usually I take the opinions and reviews of NTers I know have similar or unique tastes that I actually respect when it comes to discussing movies in general.

Last edited:
Lmao. The trashing of the film :rofl:

Dear God. I honestly didn't expect this.

I didn't think it was going to have a crazy high rt score but the downright trashing :wow: :wow:

'A movie so bad that it makes you wonder if there was ever such a thing as a hero anyway'

Sheesh. Don't hold back!

Last edited:
Faraci gets hate from both sides because i think he's one of the few truly objective guys out here lol.

He's legit one of the biggest MoS defenders out there.

AoU finished with 300 official reviews and right now BvS only has about 28 in so the score is irrelevant, it can go either way

Is it crazy that the reviews so far make me want to see the movie more now? I'm so curious. I want to see the movie tomorrow night!

Like what would evoke this kind of reaction?

Last edited:
Is it crazy that the reviews so far make me want to see the movie more now? I'm so curious. I want to see the movie tomorrow night!

i thought i was the only person with this reaction!

i was thinking about waiting until next week but know i wanna go ASAP :lol:

WB won

I'd probably wait until like Saturday to get the "real" RT score

Not that I give a **** about critics anyway

Last edited:
From the GQ review

"Oh, and this Batman repeatedly shatters his "one rule", and kills willy-nilly while demonstrating a disturbing taste for sadistic mutilation"

what the ****?

Yeah I actually want to see if it really deserves this vitriol, or dudes just been waiting in the wings with the gun unholstered.

From the GQ review

"Oh, and this Batman repeatedly shatters his "one rule", and kills willy-nilly while demonstrating a disturbing taste for sadistic mutilation"

what the ****?
:rofl: :rofl: Talk about exaggeration.

Last edited:
From the GQ review

what the ****?
I been knew about this and since I'm one of his fans that always felt it was way more logical for him to do it I'm fine with it.

Makes more sense than the other guy doing it.

However, more and more this sound like the movies for the Justice Lords :lol:

From the GQ review

what the ****?
I am all the way in :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I guess when you have an Universe where Superman killed a guy Batman has to cross that line too

Last edited:
The usage of the IMAX cameras is really depressing to me :lol:

The entire "Knightmare" sequences, which from the featurette seems to be a lot of closeups of emotionless faces :lol:

and the Lex shaving scene :smh:

don't know if the Fight scenes were shot in IMAX but haven't read anything about it yet.

I hope this doesn't turn into a fantastic 4 situation where the early tweet reviews were positive only to have the actual reviews hammer the film.

the world needs flashpoint paradox tom wayne batman :pimp:

Would love to see a one off flashpoint paradox movie..

Based on what I've read about this, I already have a feeling it's going to bother me a little bit that they didn't do a flat out dark knight returns movies as one offs

Glad good things are being said about this film.. But the cartoon movies were great

Last edited:
I think RFX has it right and that this movie is just going to be divisive. People are either going to love it or hate it.

We'll see where I fall Thursday night :evil:

This was on my spoilered review but this is one of the big things that will divide movie goers and comic book fans alike (if you don't mind spoilers, read on):

Batman kills. As i said there are plenty of people out there who are tired of the hero who doesn't kill but there is also the other half who wants Bats to stay to his comic book mantra.

This isn't the only reason, there are some decisions in the film that does make you go "huh?" but I think a big part of it will be whether you agree on this or not.

Through the film though, you do get a sense that Snyder might have wanted a Batman film than a Superman film.

Despite all the reviews though, you just got to see this version of Batman. I thought it was that good, a feature length film of this Batman would be an intense 2-hour attraction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom