DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I liked the idea of Damson Idris as John Stewart but apparently he's out of the running now.

Trevante Rhodes definitely has his look so I can see it but not sure if he was in consideration.

Think it'll end up being Pierre, he's been having himself a nice run as of late

i know he is way too old now but sucks that idris elba is never gon' get his superhero starring role

he would have been a perfect john stewart if he was the older version (he looks at least 10 years younger for his actual age) or if it was 10 years ago

Hmm, that could be promising.

Bet DC wants to capitalize on the Deadpool success and get his OG, Deathstroke, off the ground

Last edited:
The local movie theater is having an early screening of Joker: Folie à Deux on Monday.

I might be the only one in the theater.

I'm rewatching Joker for the first time since I saw it in theaters in 2019.

The most unrealistic thing about this film is Arthur Fleck owning a VCR...while living in a crappy apartment. :lol:

Do you know how much a VCR was in 1981? $1400! That's over $5600 in today's money!

another great episode

second half is so tense and constantly keeps you guessing

colins acting continues to be superb which has me baffled why that one dude from the midnight boys says “we really gon’ watch colin in a fat suit wabble?” but dude completely disappears in a role so i dont get that criticisms at all and really cant take dude seriously ever again

another great episode

second half is so tense and constantly keeps you guessing

colins acting continues to be superb which has me baffled why that one dude from the midnight boys says “we really gon’ watch colin in a fat suit wabble?” but dude completely disappears in a role so i dont get that criticisms at all and really cant take dude seriously ever again
Yea he's been blowing me away as Cob tbh :lol:, didn't expect him to be half as good as he's been.

Him and Cristin Milioti have ansbsolutely been stealing the show

The local movie theater is having an early screening of Joker: Folie à Deux on Monday.

I might be the only one in the theater.

So I went to the early screening tonight. There were about a dozen people there. I think some of them left during the film.

As for Folie à Deux, I thought it was boring as hell.

I'll give Todd Phillips some credit for trying to make the sequel different, but it's not the good kind of different. He should go back to making actual comedies. He'll never have the chops to be a Serious Filmmaker™.

The musical numbers felt like filler for the paper-thin plot. I liked the premise, but nothing happens during the film. The scenes go from Arkham to the courthouse and back to Arkham, then back to the courthouse.

Joaquin Phoenix did what he could, but Lady Gaga was underused.

I do NOT recommend this film and I have no desire to watch it again.

I didn't even care when Fleck got shanked at the end. I knew it coming a mile away.

IMG_4378.gif

So I went to the early screening tonight. There were about a dozen people there. I think some of them left during the film.

As for Folie à Deux, I thought it was boring as hell.

I'll give Todd Phillips some credit for trying to make the sequel different, but it's not the good kind of different. He should go back to making actual comedies. He'll never have the chops to be a Serious Filmmaker™.

The musical numbers felt like filler for the paper-thin plot. I liked the premise, but nothing happens during the film. The scenes go from Arkham to the courthouse and back to Arkham, then back to the courthouse.

Joaquin Phoenix did what he could, but Lady Gaga was underused.

I do NOT recommend this film and I have no desire to watch it again.

I didn't even care when Fleck got shanked at the end. I knew it coming a mile away.

Thanks for the review. I'm seeing that your thoughts are the general consensus for this film. I doubt this movie breaks 100 million at the box office as opposed to the 1 billion the first movie earned.

I liked the idea of Damson Idris as John Stewart but apparently he's out of the running now.

Trevante Rhodes definitely has his look so I can see it but not sure if he was in consideration.

Think it'll end up being Pierre, he's been having himself a nice run as of late
Yea damson would’ve been great but I guess he wants to stay with a more movie oriented career now after snowfall and not more TV.

I don’t like Aaron Pierre at all but I could see him getting it cause he’s on a streak

Also sucks all the hal actors didn’t want it lol.
So the joker 2 ending leaked. It's probably going to upset some folks.
Read them and I kinda like it

Back
Top Bottom