DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

20240910_163528.jpg

hell i like some musicals and they havent sold me on this film

marketing for the movies kinda been bad too

Freeze is coming….

Honestly just make The Batman the DCU’s Batman. We don’t need essentially an elseworlds. Feel like the general audience wouldn’t understand that/question it.

Reeves' Batman will be more grounded (duh) while Gunn will deal with more fantastical villains and storylines.

I mean I get that kind of. Batman’s rogue gallery aren’t all completely grounded though.

There's room for all of that. Different Batmen. That's what I wanted DC to do instead of trying replicate a universe they haven't put the work into. Just tell good stories.

batman has a lot of grounded villains so its probably the one here where they can really keep it grounded similar to nolan

they already made penguin more human in comparison to burtons or the comics, joker and harley are obvious just psychological nemesis, scarecrow, hush, two-face, hugo strange, mad hatter, black mask, deathstroke, redhood and the court of owls are all just humans with realistic abilities/skills… even bane who you can just get roided up and expand on what nolan did (which is perfect to put alan ritchson in a mask as dude just looks bigger and towers most dudes)

nolan was able to ground Ra’s Al Ghul too just like he did bane so the only ones left thats on a more fantastical side are freeze, manbat, croc, ivy and clayface and even clayface og version isnt the one we know from the animated series

someone like batman who laughs is definitely fits in more in gunnverse but they can easily make 5-7 grounded films out of battisonverse

Just because you can make them grounded, doesn't mean you have to make them grounded. That's all I'm saying. Releasing a Batman movie while another has been released within a year or so of each other, might throw the GA off. That's all I'm saying.

they dont have to make it grounded but if the film maker like reeves and nolan wants it that way then they should

also wouldnt be surprised if matt reeves deal is similar to todd phillips where its more a WB thing than DC and he can do whatever he wants

Back
Top Bottom