DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

the problem with nolan/bale trilogy is it kind of ended it poorly, would have been nice to see what nolan actually had planned before ledger passed away

story-wise, it was a rehashed begins plot which sounded good to end it how it began but while good, it wasnt great

begins was good too but it wasnt the best, reevesverse is starting out really well so we'll just have to wait and see how its going to go down and this becomes the best trilogy out there

I think the no killing thing is stupid, word to Injustice and peacemaker. Some heroes make a big deal about it and others dgaf. I don't think it makes those that don't look better. The worst preaching about it was arrow on cw, he was ok with goons / henchmen getting killed but if you kill a boss or main villain you crossed a line and became evil.
Legacy super hero trope? I don’t know.

Does it make sense? I don’t know. Depends on how you feel about capital punishment, vigilantism, etc.

I’m not saying Batman can’t kill. I’m just saying these creators played loose and fast in regard to the true spirit of the character. Reeves made a love letter. Whereas Nolan and Burton made their own spins on the character. It doesn’t make sense that Captain America doesn’t kill…he originally fought in wars. Punishe punishes. A Daredevil or Batman. Maybe if the want the crime rate to go down in the city.

FNlhtCiWYActWUc.jpg

I enjoyed it overall but it was so strongly Fincher. Obviously, Zodiac and Se7en inspired. It’s the problem that I had with Joker. A good film also but it was a lot like The King of Comedy and Taxi Driver. This is starting to look like a pattern with DC. Take IP, mix in key works from respected directors, stir and present. Having said that, I liked how Batman was introduced. I enjoyed the tension between Bruce and Alfred. I found the depictions of Penguin and Riddler to be interesting. Even if Riddler was based on the Zodiac killer, that itself is different from the usual goofy depictions of Riddler. I’m also glad they didn’t film Bruce’s parents getting killed. Zoe was a decent Catwoman (better than Hathaway). Still, The Dark Knight > The Batman.

Seen it again and jus absolutely love this film! The second time around what really resonated with me was when Batman was introduced they asked “who are you?” and after beating the crap out of a goon he replies “I’m vengeance.”

And at the end of the film one of the Riddler copy cats was defeated and Jim Gordon ask him “who are you?” and the Riddler copy cat replied “I’m vengeance.” And the look of realization on Bruce Wayne/Batman face knowing his impact on Gotham was having a negative effect on the city. So in the end he realized he needs to be much more for the city and actually be a hero!

Really liked how well done that character arc came full circle, some really good story telling. I can’t even compare it to other Batman movies because I jus felt like this was its own thing but nonetheless the masses will do comparisons but to me I jus can’t. It’s definitely a fresh take on Batman (that is welcomed btw.) and I love how Gotham is a character and not some backdrop anymore.

Jus a real solid great movie and curious to see where they go next? And please no Joker…let that villain rest for awhile.

Best scene to me was when dude was absolutely petrified on the top of the roof before throwing on the glider suit thing and then jumping off and that whole sequence of the fail

clearly dude ain’t anywhere near where he’ll be.. but that scene especially showed where he was

and then there was little stuff like how not smooth he was.. instead of realizing the risk he was putting catwoman in, he didn’t give a damn and kept telling her to go ask questions in that nightclub scene..obviously he’ll improve in future films but it jsut showed how naive he was to the risks

Saw it today.

It was good, really good.

I had low expectations though and it blew them away.

Surprisingly I thought he made a good Batman with his bottom half of his face but didn't like him as an emo Bruce Wayne.

9/10

Also, Master Zik Master Zik my wife has a coworker who is still rocking with MoviePass and I immediately thought about you lol.

She's never canceled and has been paying for it this whole time and she was put on hold or frozen when covid closed theaters but claims they're back now.

Not sure if true or even possible as I thought the company was done.

Also, Master Zik Master Zik my wife has a coworker who is still rocking with MoviePass and I immediately thought about you lol.

She's never canceled and has been paying for it this whole time and she was put on hold or frozen when covid closed theaters but claims they're back now.

Not sure if true or even possible as I thought the company was done.
I knew they recently came back and made some announcement on some virtual tour BS but if she's really still using it and it works....

giphy.webp

I got a question for yall

Is it possible for the new flash that’s coming to incorporate this Pattinson Batman into the dceu or that’s too far fetched?

Back
Top Bottom