DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Why are you including Disney+ shows?

Samba tv tallied the viewers differently for the Snyder cut compared to the rest. They only logged in for ppl that watched at least 5 minutes of the Snyder cut :lol:
Nope. Disney plus shows were also the first 5 minutes. I just chose stuff that had actual hard data out there and were recent. For example there wasn’t anything on Raya

That's exactly what its supposed to be. It's honestly brilliant in hindsight because they've aged extremely well, Forever and Batman & Robin. Although not sure if intentional, the idea of Batman being whatever hollywood playboy at the time while the supporting cast remained the same like Chris O'Donell as Robin or Michael Gough as Alfred is amazing.

Schumacher Batman films > Burton Batman films

Yep

I don’t know about that but Batman Forever is the best 90’s Batman film outta them all...

It’s like a straight up live action version of the cartoons and comics.

I don’t know about that but Batman Forever is the best 90’s Batman film outta them all...

It’s funny because back then it was trashed for being to silly and jokey now it’s bad for superhero movies to be too serious in 2021

Man say what you want about the other ones but X2 is a classic. Maybe I’m bias bc I saw it in theaters young but I rewatched a few months ago and it still held up.

1616615160734.gif

I could see if you said blade 2 or hell boy 2

1616615235756.gif

Again I watched both of those infinite times before I turned 10 so maybe that’s it :lol:

It’s funny because back then it was trashed for being to silly and jokey now it’s bad for superhero movies to be too serious in 2021

what are you talking about?

falcon and the winter soldier just had dude in a bank trying to apply for a loan

Batman forever was just bad.. people killed that movie for the dumb shhh like why the suits had nipples

Again I watched both of those infinite times before I turned 10 so maybe that’s it :lol:

see I grew up on the X-men animated show, my expectations were high for that

THAT movie outside of 1 scene is boring as hell.. just like that dude’s Superman movie

it is zero surprise to me that more has been done with both colossus AND juggernaut in the deadpool movies than it whatever the high that guy was doing

Nope. Disney plus shows were also the first 5 minutes. I just chose stuff that had actual hard data out there and were recent. For example there wasn’t anything on Raya

So all of them are 5 minutes.

That's really not a solid metric.

Finished the second half the other night:
Batman is sad how they missed on him so bad.. He's supposed to be like one of the best fighters (hand-to-hand) without super powers. Super tactical genius, the joke being he can take on anyone (with prep time). He doesn't use guns. Outsmarts his opponents.. In movie he's just some rich guy with guns. When he's talking to Joker "I'm going to kill you". Batmans thing is he doesn't kill anybody, he locks them up, hopes they get rehabilitated. Joker never does and kills tons of people, making many question whether it's worth it to try to rehab villains when many innocent die in their wake.

Flash was a miss. So much potential for that character and most of his jokes were cringeworthy. He doesn't need to be FUNNY, can do bad puns/jokes, "back in a Flash" and everybody makes fun of his lameness. Have him always show up late to stuff (even though he has super speed) etc.

Martian manhunter didn't look great, and all he had was the most basic of intros, setting up for a next movie that probably won't happen

Other heroes I thought were pretty good.

Overall better than theatrical, disappointed can't reach the potential of how awesome Justice league can be

This movie is strong reaffirmation that Snyder is truly a hack director. He will gloss over important plot points to a films story to instead give you a pretty but quickly stale visual. And he was enabled to this **** for 4 hours. The speed force was explained so poorly in this film. Martian Manhunter’s appearance LITERALLY makes no sense in a world where aliens have god like powers. Where was he this whole time? Clark Kent being alive at the end of the film with no general public explanation was blamed on Whedon. Snyder literally keeps the same scene because obviously it was originally his and none of the fan boys make a sound.

196CA016-6CBC-4F14-A280-2A51C6D32DB9.jpeg

THE BATMAN: Ben Affleck's Movie Was Going To See The Dark Knight And Batgirl Battling Deathstroke Together

Talking on the Phase Zero podcast, Manganiello revealed that the script (which Affleck penned with comic book writer Geoff Johns) included Batgirl.

"There was like a big huge showdown, I think between Batgirl...Batgirl jumps in to try and help Bruce because Deathstroke is so fast," the actor reveals. "He can anticipate Bruce's movements." That sounds seriously awesome, and Manganiello went on to explain that the hero is "completely afraid" of Slade Wilson because "he met someone who can take him."

"That leads to this big climactic battle through the streets of Gotham in the end,"
he continued. "It's like a real-life psychological thriller with Deathstroke. He was like a horror movie, like a shark, kind of like Jaws."

THE BATMAN: Ben Affleck's Movie Was Going To See The Dark Knight And Batgirl Battling Deathstroke Together

Talking on the Phase Zero podcast, Manganiello revealed that the script (which Affleck penned with comic book writer Geoff Johns) included Batgirl.

"There was like a big huge showdown, I think between Batgirl...Batgirl jumps in to try and help Bruce because Deathstroke is so fast," the actor reveals. "He can anticipate Bruce's movements." That sounds seriously awesome, and Manganiello went on to explain that the hero is "completely afraid" of Slade Wilson because "he met someone who can take him."

"That leads to this big climactic battle through the streets of Gotham in the end,"
he continued. "It's like a real-life psychological thriller with Deathstroke. He was like a horror movie, like a shark, kind of like Jaws."

6EAFFC44-57ED-46A9-BEA2-3E25B5531188.gif

The blood son was giving him fits and the chosen son before that.

They need to stop dropping info on this if they not finna move forward with it. Damn man :lol:

This would have been a much better movie than BvS.

All they had to do was pace this **** out man and do this one (or any post Nolan regular Batman film tbh) first. Then do BvS. But they needed their big superhero team up fast to compete with Marvel :smh:.

tenor.gif

Brah this hurts so bad.

Back
Top Bottom