DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

now they gon' have theyre lesbian show too (i hope)

WONDER WOMAN 1984 Star Says AMAZONS Spinoff Is Both A Prequel And Sequel To Original Movie

We've known for a while now that an Amazons (that's not the official title as far as we know) spinoff is in the works, though it remains unclear whether it will be an HBO Max series or one of the lower budgeted DC Comics movies we've heard could be heading to the streaming service.

Either way, Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984 star Connie Nielsen has now shared some of what she knows about the project, including how it will tie into the original 2017 movie.

"Well, I can tell you that it's not just after what happens in Wonder Woman," the actress teased. "There's also some other stuff in there, which is related to a prior time as well. There is a lot of different sort of things that you can see where the story is a little bit origin minded, but there are also other times involved. So yes, exciting to show you guys."

now they gon' have theyre lesbian show too (i hope)

WONDER WOMAN 1984 Star Says AMAZONS Spinoff Is Both A Prequel And Sequel To Original Movie

We've known for a while now that an Amazons (that's not the official title as far as we know) spinoff is in the works, though it remains unclear whether it will be an HBO Max series or one of the lower budgeted DC Comics movies we've heard could be heading to the streaming service.

Either way, Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984 star Connie Nielsen has now shared some of what she knows about the project, including how it will tie into the original 2017 movie.

"Well, I can tell you that it's not just after what happens in Wonder Woman," the actress teased. "There's also some other stuff in there, which is related to a prior time as well. There is a lot of different sort of things that you can see where the story is a little bit origin minded, but there are also other times involved. So yes, exciting to show you guys."
1614369612877.gif

They can make Superman whatever color they want. They failed at coping guardians of the galaxy so I’m pretty sure they’ll fail on making a black lead superhero movie

I was gonna say this is THE ONLY play DC has left for superman....all these reboots have been mediocre at best...they STILL CHASING reeves supes, people just ain’t connecting to superman like that.

if they bungle black superman, it will be the last nail in the coffin.
They have one more chance. Look at how many Spideys we got.

I was gonna say this is THE ONLY play DC has left for superman....all these reboots have been mediocre at best...they STILL CHASING reeves supes, people just ain’t connecting to superman like that.

if they bungle black superman, it will be the last nail in the coffin.

snyders neck snappin superman couldnt be as far away from reeves supes as possible :lol:

If they were to use that neck snap as a tool as to why he never kills It could’ve worked with that. But after that superman kind of turns into a worse person. The DC Snyder versus just sucks. There’s no way around it. They even used old man Batman wrong. He’s just old for the sake of being old

Last edited:
So what’s the consensus on Ta Nehisi Coates writings for a Supes film?
Stronger chance Michael B Jordan is cast? :nerd:

As of now Supes is a white dude but I can't help but think of Coates airing out his complaint that a bunch of white creators in Hollywood that he doesn't know kept reaching out to him to basically cosign their new project with a black lead or all black cast to send the message that this white boy did it right (Damon Lindelof attempted this).

Also I still don't know what kind of director JJ Abrams is. He's not a style over substance guy and he's not a story over everything filmmaker. Is he just the hacky rehash lens flare imitate others guy? :nerd: I still don't know what a JJ Abrams film feels like or what to expect.

Other than that I don't know what to think. Coates is a good writer. Not the strongest comic book writer currently for Marvel (he writes Black Panther and Captain America) but I think he can get Superman right character wise and any other sensibilities and ideals.

Even though I don't really like Superman I have to hope this is great. DC being trash at comic book movies is getting tired. Its been 8 years of mediocrity or trash now. Not one great movie.

Would be interesting if this happens and Marvel does a Blue Marvel as well.
Don't know fully what a black Superman story looks like yet but Blue Marvel's comic origin is way more compelling.

Last edited:
Especially some ******** if they cast MBJ. I remember reading he was planning on doing Icon after he did the Static Shock film. But I also read they were even fumbling that by sending it straight to HBO Max.

imagine if they just went all in on the Milestone Universe instead and he was writing an Icon film...
Them Milestone dudes don't got their **** together.

DC does not own Milestone so they can't just go and make an Icon or Static movie. If they did, a Static movie would've been made 10 years ago.

And yeah Icon's origin story is way better imo as well.

I was watching these and apparently they was all ready to reboot until Dwayne McDuffie’s wife filed a lawsuit or something. They need to cash her out or do whatever it takes to get it back moving.

they just dropped some new Milestone books today so hopefully in a few years it’s a different conversation.

I was watching these and apparently they was all ready to reboot until Dwayne McDuffie’s wife filed a lawsuit or something. They need to cash her out or do whatever it takes to get it back moving.

they just dropped some new Milestone books today so hopefully in a few years it’s a different conversation.

Them dudes tried to pull a fast one and not pay the estate of dude who wrote stories/created some of those characters and do it without consent.

That's what happens when you got like 5 co-creators. They should know better.

This is the same problem Michael Davis had with them and why he has nothing to do with Milestone 2.0 despite creating Static and the character's whole life being based on his.

It got real funny style when they brought in Reginald Hudlin.

All that is cleared up now though which is the only reason they're releasing new Milestone comics now.

Rian Johnson would make a Superman movie and it barely would have anything to do with Superman lore.

Fam would throw his cape off the daily planet, have weird sexual tension with Faora, barely use his powers, milk a cow with his mouth, free some animals from a race track, etc. Or some bull **** mystery with a bunch of commercial progressive dog whistling and virtue signaling with lame jokes.

Idk man it was a stunt in the comics and feels too much like a stunt now. Especially, if marvel is bringing in Blue Marvel. MBJ better watch it, over exposure can blow up in his face. I’m already getting tired of hearing Hollywood trying to show horn him into everything involved black people.

So if they want to cast a new superman then wonder if we’ll ever get another justice league movie or they’d just put him in and say he’s from a different earth.

So if they want to cast a new superman then wonder if we’ll ever get another justice league movie or they’d just put him in and say he’s from a different earth.
I think they keep making JL movies but with 2 characters at a time. They’ll copy what marvel is doing now

Back
Top Bottom