DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Ugh, superman returns disappointed the hell out of me. While watching it I just kept waiting for something interesting to happen and it never did.

MOS was just SM Returns with fight scenes. Don’t know how sunder can take something so iconic and bullet proof like a Superman origin and botch it into an incoherent mess. Little things like Louis knowing he’s Superman, Superman being an emo edge lord and pa Kent ......... ugh..... I’ll aay no more, really throw everything into the garbage. That’s just the simple stuff. I could go on
I always find it wild disturbing when ppl go off praising these movies that are so bad but cuz it had some things they liked or isnt in previous incarnations it has to be the best.

I'm always a bit shocked like are your standards that low or is your taste that bad? I have to bow out of further discussing it or not engage.

This is pretty much what happens for something like Superman that hasn't had a movie before where he lets loose with the fighting. Then that becomes the sole focus for why the movie is good.

To me its no different than looking for things to praise in Fan4stic, Ghost Rider, Catwoman, etc. Next thing you hearing its in somebody's top 5.

Madness.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG
MoS was full of top notch visuals and action. Also let’s stop acting as if the story was the worst thing in the world. It was standard comic book fare. Only maybe 2-3 cbm movies I’ve ever seen had an above average story

Action was not top notch and the story was nothing special. Movie was full of a 0 personality, wooden, brooding superman who let his dad die for a dumb*** reason. :lol:

The movie is just ok.

Last edited:
MoS was full of top notch visuals and action. Also let’s stop acting as if the story was the worst thing in the world. It was standard comic book fare. Only maybe 2-3 cbm movies I’ve ever seen had an above average story
Story was riddled with some of the worst logic ever for absolutely no reason. It’s one thing to be “standard” it’s another to just be stupid. Some horrible writing

Nah the worst thing in the world is BvS

MoS is just mediocre with the potential to be decent if it weren't for goofs like how Pa Kent died, etc.

From what i saw of justice league

BvS > justice league.. also enjoyed BvS more than suicide squad

BvS > justice league..

Nah no way...

At least justice league was told in a coherent fashion

BvS was just a bunch of scenes put together

I honestly think BvS is so bad that it makes mos look like an Oscar winning movie

BvS is exhibit A on what not to do when putting together a story...any story

Last edited:

BvS > justice league.. also enjoyed BvS more than suicide squad
Of the 3? JL almost by default. SS is simply unwatchable for too many reasons (Bieber joker, pop lock and drop it enchantress stand out) and BVS is overly long and......... is also unwatchable :lol:

I mean all are terrible.. but at least portions of BvS are cool

Justice league has that one scene with flash thou, the eye turn.. SS has Margot Robbie

As far as CBM’s are concerned he’s not wrong. Expectation alone BVS will be critiqued much harder than the majority of CBM’s. Say what you want but its irrefutable, undeniable and not debatable that the movie did NOT deliver on expectations

Ah, more BVS hatred. Right on cue......
Yes I hate that movie, HARD. Took 2 of my favorite characters, one of my favorite villains, and gave it what it did. You defend it as if we wanted it to fail man. That’s not the case. Like seen my kid be absolute trash in YMCA basketball after hours and hours of practice :lol:

Now JL, yes, I wanted to see that fail to kill the DC movieverse. Even at that it failed lol. Instead it was so mediocre it made me sick :lol:

I heard they tried to get a Henry Cavil cameo in Shazam but it fell apart.

Lol the dceu is more entertaining off screen

Reactions: OTG
It does have one of the best lines of all time. “Do you bleed?”.
Delivered in the worst way possible. Batman just kills 30 people using guns, Superman destroys his car, forced lines, Batman throws it out for what seems like no reason after being completely owned, Superman flys away, like a little kid Batman says you will when he’s already gone :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom