DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

if there's a con near you, definitely check them out in person

price ranges from $55-$65 for the 36"x24"

hard part if catching them when they go on sale unless you don't mind paying resale

Nicolas Cage Will Finally Get His Chance To Play SUPERMAN In TEEN TITANS GO! TO THE MOVIES

Yesterday, we found out that singer/songwriter Halsey and rapper Lil Yachty will provide the voices for Wonder Woman and Green Lantern (respectively) in Teen Titans GO! To The Movies, and now USA Today has followed up their story by revealing the inspired choice to play Superman.

20 years after missing out on the chance to take to the skies in Tim Burton's Superman Lives, Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider, Face-Off) will lend his unmistakable vocal talents to the Man of Steel in the upcoming animated feature.

"Every superhero in the DC Universe has an impact on the fans, so we felt a great responsibility to find a voice for each character that would not only suit the role, but the playful tone of the Titans, and we’re thrilled with our cameo cast," says executive producer Sam Register.

Copped that Target Exclusive :pimp:
IMG_3719.JPG

After a rewatch, I think I'm ready to move on from Ben Affleck as Bruce/Bats.

Not sure if it's how they try to force his little comedic one liners, or if it's just the obvious of him not being totally invested but something about his performance just lacks.

One scene that really irritates me: that one scene of Superman giving Stepphenwolf that right hook, they jump to Batman reaction and he like opens up his mouth in awe. Like c'mon man don't make Bats look soft and like a little ***** :lol:

After a rewatch, I think I'm ready to move on from Ben Affleck as Bruce/Bats.

Not sure if it's how they try to force his little comedic one liners, or if it's just the obvious of him not being totally invested but something about his performance just lacks.

One scene that really irritates me: that one scene of Superman giving Stepphenwolf that right hook, they jump to Batman reaction and he like opens up his mouth in awe. Like c'mon man don't make Bats look soft and like a little ***** :lol:

They did Batman so dirty in the reshoots. It's not even the same character.

I want Ben to stay, because Reeves is waaay better than Joss and won't make Batman roll on the ground t'almbout "I'm definitely bleeding". If Ben steps down, my number one choice is Jon Hamm. :emoji_pray:

Can't bring myself to buy JL on blu ray. I'm still holding out for that Snyder Cut. I liked the movie, but I don't want to financially support WB and their horrible decision making.

Ava DuVernay To Direct Jack Kirby Comic Creation ‘The New Gods’ For Warner Bros, DC

EXCLUSIVE: After making history as the first woman of color to helm a $100 million-plus live-action film in A Wrinkle In Time, Ava DuVernay will continue to play in the event film sandbox. She’s closing a deal with Warner Bros and DC to direct a big-budget screen adaptation of The New Gods, the creation of revered comic book impresario Jack Kirby. The studio will quickly set a screenwriter who’ll craft the narrative and work closely with DuVernay.

This will be another $100M-plus film for DuVernay, who has taken quite a leap in scale since her breakout film Selma. She unveiled a New Gods connection late last year when she responded to a question on social media on who her favorite superhero is. “Big Barda. Many reasons” was her reply. Big Barda is one of the New Gods and the wife of Mister Miracle, also a Kirby creation.

This is a bold move for Warner Bros/DC and not just because this is the second superhero franchise they’ve handed to a female director after Patty Jenkins turned Wonder Woman into a crowd-pleasing blockbuster and is working on the sequel with Gal Gadot. Unlike recent DC fare, this is a freestanding world created and designed by Kirby back in 1971, not long after the prolific comic legend had exited Marvel.

There is no connection to the other DC worlds being exploited for film right now by Warner Bros, where studio boss Toby Emmerich and his newly installed DC production president Walter Hamada are moving forward with new approach to filmmakers on their DC-based fare.

The New Gods was the Genesis of the uber-villain Darkseid. Also called “Fourth World,” the Kirby creation debuted in a trilogy of related comics written and drawn by Kirby that were published in the very early 1970s: New Gods, Forever People and Mister Miracle. The New Gods came into existence after the world of the gods of classic mythology were destroyed during Ragnarok. The deities inhabit two planets: one is New Genesis, a lush paradise, and the other Apokolips, which sounds like Dante’s version of hell. War ensues. There is a rich universe of extraordinary characters for DuVernay to play with here. This will be a fun one to follow.

DuVernay is repped by CAA, Nina Shaw and Gordon Bobb.

Source: http://deadline.com/2018/03/ava-duvernay-new-gods-movie-warner-bros-dc-jack-kirby-1202338680/

Well. . . eh, I'm pulling for her... I guess

New Gods announced and still no solid plan for Batman or Superman...

:smh:
Reeves is still doing Batman. Superman is well up in the air. But also let’s be real, do we really want a Superman movie. I want to see Superman fight and destroy stuff, but I don’t need an actual movie devoted to him

Anyway. This will probably bump any GL movies for the time being. So for stuff that’s highyly likely to actually happen

-Aquaman
-Wonder Woman 2
- Shazam
-Flash
- Something with Margot Robbie
- Reeves Batman
- New Gods

I’m still iffy on that joker movie happening

Batman is moving. Reeves wants to start production late this year. Some insiders are pretty confident about a Superman sequel. GLC is still being developed. Flash directors are starting pre-production already.

Suicide Squad 2 is quietly in production right now too. I would wait for SDCC to get an updated slate and release schedule. No way New Gods comes out before Batman, Flash, Supes, and GLC.

They did Batman so dirty in the reshoots. It's not even the same character.

I want Ben to stay, because Reeves is waaay better than Joss and won't make Batman roll on the ground t'almbout "I'm definitely bleeding". If Ben steps down, my number one choice is Jon Hamm. :emoji_pray:

Movie was decent but the lack of cohesion between the re-shoots and directors was really evident. How or why they even agreed to green-light the Superman mustache CGI is beyond me. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom