DC Caribbean Carnival may be cancelled or relocated

Just an fyi post..
Via Washington Post:

Posted at 03:51 PM ET, 04/10/2012[h1]Organizers grapple with D.C. Caribbean parade’s future[/h1]
By Katie Rogers

DCgog23a.JPG

(Jahi Chikwendiu/TWP)Faced with mounting debt, organizers of D.C.’s Caribbean Carnival parade say the event may cease for good this year.

The Washington City Paper’s Lydia DePillis reported Monday that the event’s president, Roland Barnes, told the Georgia Avenue Community Development Task Force that lack of funds and city support could indefinitely stall the carnival. He said the parade is roughly $200,000 in debt to the city.

“The reality of the last few years was that donations and sponsorships were in one direction, and costs were in another direction,

whats new...this always happens.

Its the committee....whhat do you expect from trinidadians.

I miss the day my parents used to do it...we had the best band and the baddest girls.....I try to convince them every year to do carnival again.

i WENT LAST YEAR AND IT WAS PRETTY WACK...not the same as it used to be....the parade was over by like 2pm...

back it the days it used to go on until like 9pm. People would party down in the park....

those days wont happen anymore.

Too much black people + too much drunk people always end up in violence and the city wont allow it...especially for the money being spent/owed. Not worth it.

Last year a few people were shot and stabbed so its no surprise that they would cancel it this year smh 

Back
Top Bottom