Days are going by too quickly, NT how do you get more done in a day?

I tried to-do lists, tried focusing on one task before starting another, and I no longer nap during the day.

Any tips? Really need to improve efficiency here...
ohwell.gif

Start going to sleep earlier, and start waking up earlier, and fill your days with activities that you love doing. I am generally in bed before 10, and Iusually wake up around 6 - 7 in the morning.

Learn how to multi task instead of working on one project at a time. Make sure your to do lists are in order of importance and that you group some tasks thatyou can complete at the same time. This will save you time and help you feel more fulfilled at the end of the day so that you feel like you at leastaccomplished something. Another important aspect of to do lists are time frames. Allot only certain amount of time for you to get things and then really tryand stick to it so that you know you have to work at an efficient pace. Setting alarms/reminders on your cell to remind you of things on your list really helpswith this.

Also learn to ask for help. If you know someone is going where you need to go and easily complete a task for you then ask them to do so.

Don't bite more than you can chew. Try and minimize the amount of projects you're working on at a time.

Try and have a planner of sorts and review that daily so that you can make changes if you need to and be reminded of what needs to get done.

Those are just a few tips I use when I know I have a busy day ahead of me.

Originally Posted by kirbaby

wake up earlier and start doing what you need to do earlier.

pretty much, i scheduled all my classes in the morning so my day could feel longer

Originally Posted by West2East

Learn how to multi task instead of working on one project at a time. Make sure your to do lists are in order of importance and that you group some tasks that you can complete at the same time. This will save you time and help you feel more fulfilled at the end of the day so that you feel like you at least accomplished something. Another important aspect of to do lists are time frames. Allot only certain amount of time for you to get things and then really try and stick to it so that you know you have to work at an efficient pace. Setting alarms/reminders on your cell to remind you of things on your list really helps with this.

Also learn to ask for help. If you know someone is going where you need to go and easily complete a task for you then ask them to do so.

Don't bite more than you can chew. Try and minimize the amount of projects you're working on at a time.

Try and have a planner of sorts and review that daily so that you can make changes if you need to and be reminded of what needs to get done.

Those are just a few tips I use when I know I have a busy day ahead of me.
I agree with everything but the multi tasking

Multi-tasking is wrong and doesnt work...If you think about it you could do the same work in shorter time if you just focused on one thing at a time..

I would post some examples but im lazy..so just know that it doesnt work ...unless you have to i guess.. but I would say avoid it..

A lot more at ease too...

laugh.gif
Multi tasking definitely does work and save you time. Just most men aren't good at it. It's the idea that while you're waiting for somethingyou work on something else and I do it ALL the time whether it be waiting on emails, waiting on paint to dry, waiting on something in oven. Waiting doesn'tmean I'm not doing anything in the meanwhile.

Back
Top Bottom