Day26 Upends Danity Kane To Debut At No. 1

They sold 190,000 first week
pimp.gif

One "Making the Band" act replaces another at the summit of The Billboard 200, as Day26's self-titled debut bumps Danity Kane's "Welcometo the Dollhouse" from No. 1.

The new Bad Boy album moved 190,000 copies this week, according to Nielsen SoundScan, a marked decline from Danity Kane's 236,000-copy start last week.Day26 is the first new male group to open at No. 1 since 2001, when D12 bowed on top with "Devil's Night." It's also the highest bow for adebut album by a group since Danity Kane's eponymous first set started at No. 1 in 2006.

Meanwhile, "Dollhouse" falls 1-4 with 89,000, a 62% sales decrease. Panic At The Disco's sophomore set, "Pretty. Odd." (Fueled byRamen/Atlantic), enters at No. 2 with 139,000. That easily trumps the group's previous best sales week, when "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out"moved 45,000 during Christmas week in 2006.

source http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003784138

Yeah I figured they'd do about 200+.........good for them though I enjoyed the album.

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

diddy fixed those numbers.

no way in hell danity kane went #1 or day26, no one even knows who they are.

Originally Posted by FWA III

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by r0biiin

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

indifferent.gif

They were among one of the highest-rated shows on MTV..
ohwell.gif
PeopleDefinitely know who they are.

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

Must not have cable.

Welcome to the Dollhouse > Day 26 debut

Day 26 has some definite bangers though

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

I wouldn't be so quick to stoneface and clown this dude.

TV show or not, those are BIG numbers for a debut artist these days. And Danity Kane are nmot exactly homerun artists either.

Flo-rida has had the biggest single of 08 by far. With Elevator starting to pop now. And he did like 85k first week. And Day 26 more than doubles that?

It's not like this #$#* is completely above suspicion......

i was at bestbuy the other day and i saw like one copy of Dk's album and no Day26 copies left

Originally Posted by illphillip

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

TV show or not, those are BIG numbers for a debut artist these days. And Danity Kane are nmot exactly homerun artists either.

Flo-rida has had the biggest single of 08 by far. With Elevator starting to pop now. And he did like 85k first week. And Day 26 more than doubles that?

to guys probably.. but to little girls they are sure a hit.. my sister that is 9 yrs old love them .. and im pretty sure so does young girls from acrossthe country.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

Must not have cable.

or must not have a tv.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by illphillip

roll.gif
roll.gif

get the hell outta here.

to guys probably.. but to little girls they are sure a hit.. my sister that is 9 yrs old love them .. and im pretty sure so does young girls from across the country.
Ok, but seriously, your screen name is badboyfolife.......so.......

And all you cats talking TV. And what? If Flav drops an album tomorrow, will it go #1?

Diddy is old school. He knows how to work Soundscan I'm sure. Sale pricing etc.

since when did having one of the highest rated show on mtv mean something?

which shows are they competiting with? guantlet 3?

get the hell outta here.

you guys are way too easy.

day26 didn't sell those records, just like rick ross didn't do his numbers.

I ain't no R&B type dude, but that Day26 album is pretty tight.

Brought me back to the 112 days...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Flo-Rida didnt sell huge numbers because, with the exception of that Soulja Boy movement/phenomenon, ringtone rappers dont sell albums anymore,whether its a debut artist or not...so thats a bad comparison.

that being said, that is an eye-popping number...I knew the girl group was gonna sell alot of records, but I havent even heard music from the boy group (neverwatched an episode of the show either, but the MTB shows are always high-rated).

What prolly happened was, the same audience from the girl group got invested in the other group, inherited their fans...

Back
Top Bottom