DAVID LEE SUCKS

I heard nothing but great things from you Knick fans when we made that trade.  What the *!#+ did you guys like about this clown?  Im not even talking about his skill set in relation to his contract.  His contract could be $5 mil a year and I would have the same opinion.  Hes trash.  He sucks at pretty much EVERYTHING.

Thank you for setting our franchise back even further than it already was. 

care to elaborate on why hes garbage? when the knicks had him he was a double double machine and average 17-10 easy... he knew how to rebound and was always around the rim with his put backs and dunks in general... his defense though is beyond garbage

he was a very good rebounder with a nice shot that hustles and plays his heart out

that's about it.

Originally Posted by DubA169

he was a very good rebounder with a nice shot that hustles and plays his heart out

that's about it.
He absolutely is not a very good rebounder.

But yes, his elbow jumper when no one is guarding him is wet.

laugh.gif

Too true. He's a role player getting payed like a first or second option.

The contract wasn't atrocious looking at the year he had last year relative to his age, but it's a proven fact that players play above their normal level in a contract year, so that's pretty much how Golden State got swindled.

Originally Posted by dland24

that's about it.

I said was. Past tense. I know you don't like the answer but that's what he was known for when he was on the knicks as a first option.

I remember when people said we should've paid David Lee instead of trading for Z-Bo 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

care to elaborate on why hes garbage? when the knicks had him he was a double double machine and average 17-10 easy... he knew how to rebound and was always around the rim with his put backs and dunks in general... his defense though is beyond garbage

Both teams he has been on were statistically a far better rebounding team when he is/was on the bench.  And that is saying a hell of a lot when the Warriors backup power forward is Vladimir Radmanovic.

that's about it.

I said was. Past tense. I know you don't like the answer but that's what he was known for when he was on the knicks as a first option.
I apologize.  Past tense.  Got it.

I distinctly remember people saying the knicks were ******ed for paying Amare instead of David

I distinctly remember people saying the knicks were ******ed for paying Amare instead of David

Yep they sure did.  Show yourselves Knick fans!!!

Does he even touch the ball often playing with Monta Ellis ?

The games i seen W/ Lee, he';s playing different.

Lee is very good at pick and rolls, rebounding, putbacks, mid range shot

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

*sighs*

Do we have to talk about this again?  Monta > Lee at every facet of basketball

David Lee touches the ball enough (yes David Lee). It's just that he doesn't necessarily benefit the squad when doing so. He hits a few jumpers but not at a consistent clip to bring out the other team's bigs to guard it. Lee doesn't draw fouls which allows the opponents' 4/5's to stay in the game and abuse Lee/Biedrins/Udoh. And Lee just doesn't get it on defense. He doesn't rotate for #%@#, regonizes his defensive responsibilies at the absolute last second where he gives up one and-1 opportunity after another. We found our next Dunleavy.

i never understood this from other knick fans
laugh.gif
... they said why pay 100mil to amare when you can get lee for a lot less?  i always liked lee but i knew he was never worth the money he was looking for...and i bet the same thing will happen to wilson also even though hes not on the knicks...hes a good player but will get a contract he doesn't deserve but some team will pay him watch

some people called him the doorman in new york

he was always an awful defender. his only coach was dantoni, he didn't have a chance

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

*sighs*

Do we have to talk about this again?  Monta > Lee at every facet of basketball

It's not about who's better, It's about getting touches. Chris Paul is better than Okafor, but he get touches

I had no problems getting rid of Lee

even though Turiaf is the only piece of the trade that contributed to the Knicks, I'm still happy.

He got so many rebounds because he never played any defense
laugh.gif
Good guy, I appreciate his time, but I was surprised to hear someone wanted to pay him that much

Back
Top Bottom