Dave Matthews Band Appreciation

I am so glad Dave and the boys allow all their concerts to be taped and traded (not sold). I am steadily building my concert catalog thanks to torrent siteslike DreamingTree.org.

I think other artists should follow their example and stop being so freakin' greedy. DMB has done this since their first show, so don't come in heresaying "Yeah, they can do that now that they got their $$$" and other such comments.

DMB is a band for the fans and other groups and rappers should allow their shows to be taped and traded. Who knows, it might even grow their fan base and makeit possible to remain popular long enough to record more than 2 albums.
wink.gif

DMB allow their performances to be taped because their GREAT at performing. So taping only hints at how good one of their concerts would be.

Great band. Singer has some pipes. red light.

buggzpimpin wrote:
DMB allow their performances to be taped because their GREAT at performing. So taping only hints at how good one of their concerts would be.

What does red light mean?

The Grateful Dead and Phish allowed taping, as well.

Tim Reynolds allows taping, too.

Does anybody else know of a performer/group that allows their shows to be taped and traded?

DMB is simply the greatest band I've ever seen. Dudes are off the chain and I was luckily able to get tickets to the show in Charlottesville and man it wasjust
smokin.gif
. There's only a few artists out there that are better live than in the studio, and DMB is one of the few. Much appreciated.

buggzpimpin wrote:

buggzpimpin wrote:
red light = pause.
Thanks!

So, Great band. Singer has some pipes. Pause.

What's the pause for?

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

laugh.gif
pause = no weezy f baby
Man I feel dumb. What's that mean?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ive heard crash into me and thats it. but i remember this one time i was blazed out of my mind and was at starbucks and they had a dmb cd. and for some reasoni could not stop laughing.

Korn also does this... Jonathan Davis has stated he doesnt care if his concerts and bootlegs are traded as long as his retail stuff isnt illegally traded,he's such a down to earth person who i've had the chance to meet...he stood outside in the 20 degree weather to sign stuff for everyone after a solotour....

but DMB is greatly appreciated as well...legendary band with tours that are guaranteed to impress

Originally Posted by jomitm

buggzpimpin wrote:

buggzpimpin wrote:
red light = pause.
Thanks!

So, Great band. Singer has some pipes. Pause.

What's the pause for?

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

laugh.gif
pause = no weezy f baby
Man I feel dumb. What's that mean?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sorry I don't know "Double Secret NT CodeSpeak."

I don't know Klingon, either. Everybody point and laugh.

However, as G.I. Joe taught us:

Does anybody else know of a performer/group that allows their shows to be taped and traded?
Pearl Jam...

And yes DMB is very much appreciated, seen them 4 times and once from outside the amphitheater and every time it's been
pimp.gif

i go to college

and

UNAPPRECIATED

no i am not ignorant, or not open to other forms of music, i am big jazz and funk/70s electro fan, but it's always the corniest kids who are the biggestDMB fans.

also i am not a fan of females who are into DMB either.

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

Tons of bands allow live taping/trading.

Phish
Grateful Dead
OAR
Mike Doughty
Soul Coughing
Umphreys McGee
moe
Ryan Adams
Jack Johnson
John Butler Trio
And those are just artists I can think of off the top of my head. Live show trading is the greatest way to spread the good music aroundthe world. I have so much respect for DMB and other bands who allow their work to be taped and traded. I have been to 14 DMB concerts and besides being agreat live show, they have introduced me to so many other artists and bands that I listen to a lot now.

Page86 wrote:
i go to college

and

UNAPPRECIATED

no i am not ignorant, or not open to other forms of music, i am big jazz and funk/70s electro fan, but it's always the corniest kids who are the biggest DMB fans.

also i am not a fan of females who are into DMB either.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I am 33 and did not get into Dave until after I graduated college. Many of the fans at school wereannoying hippie-types that swore Dave was God, like Dead Heads with Jerry.

Then, I met my wife. She is a big fan (and is not an annoying hippie) and talked me into going to a show. WOW! Hearing the band live was a totally differentexperience and it made me appreciate them so much more. Again, I will grant you that many of the fans were annoying in their hero-worship (and the drunk highschoolers are ridiculous), but there are plenty of people in my age group there, too. Everybody is having a great time and there is never any violence orstupidity. I can't say the same for some of the metal concerts and rap shows I have attended.

hediondo19 wrote:
Bo55Diesel wrote:

Phish
Grateful Dead
OAR
Mike Doughty
Soul Coughing
Umphreys McGee
moe
Ryan Adams
Jack Johnson
John Butler Trio
And those are just artists I can think of off the top of my head. Live show trading is the greatest way to spread the good music around the world. I have so much respect for DMB and other bands who allow their work to be taped and traded. I have been to 14 DMB concerts and besides being a great live show, they have introduced me to so many other artists and bands that I listen to a lot now.

That's a great list!

I think Robert Randolph and the Family Band allow taping, too.

Notice anything about the list? All jam/blues/rock/bluegrass/folk fusion-type bands.

No rap, heavy metal, or country.

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

hediondo19 wrote:
Bo55Diesel wrote:

Phish
Grateful Dead
OAR
Mike Doughty
Soul Coughing
Umphreys McGee
moe
Ryan Adams
Jack Johnson
John Butler Trio
And those are just artists I can think of off the top of my head. Live show trading is the greatest way to spread the good music around the world. I have so much respect for DMB and other bands who allow their work to be taped and traded. I have been to 14 DMB concerts and besides being a great live show, they have introduced me to so many other artists and bands that I listen to a lot now.

That's a great list!

I think Robert Randolph and the Family Band allow taping, too.

Notice anything about the list? All jam/blues/rock/bluegrass/folk fusion-type bands.

No rap, heavy metal, or country.

Yeah, Robert Randolph does allow taping. I wouldn't be surprised if some metal bands allowed taping. I believe they have strong fan followings likethe jam band fan base.

Archive.org is a great site to download live shows of all kinds of artists.

Back
Top Bottom