Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
We gotta stop give 1 person so much power.

we do?

this is some simple life lessons type stuff

look at who all of a sudden isn’t telling certain nba players to “shut up and dribble“

we do?

this is some simple life lessons type stuff

look at who all of a sudden isn’t telling certain nba players to “shut up and dribble“
You but you cant hold this guy trying to get his blackness back against Dave or anything. A broken clock is right twice a day. Just because someone was way off over there, that doesn’t make everything come out their mouth invalid.

We're in a very anti-bully culture these days and it's very hard to distinguish humor from bullying because many times they are one in the same. There may be no right answer for this topic.
I hated how everything has turned in to _____-shaming.

Roasting is gone, jokes are frowned upon, etc.

You but you cant hold this guy trying to get his blackness back against Dave or anything. A broken clock is right twice a day. Just because someone was way off over there, that doesn’t make everything come out their mouth invalid.

the less i or the world hear from certain people, the better

but if you find you share the opinion(s) of certain people or certain people are running to defend you, maybe you should revaluate those opinions

not saying change, cause maybe you gave it some legit thought.. but at the very least, give it a solid once over

when THIS is your ally
Dave just gotta say **** Jason Whitlock in his next special.

It's weird that Dave is a guest on Rogan's pod and now ppl trying to push a narrative that he's pandering to his audience as if Dave doesn't have a huge following on his own.

“The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”

There are 7 billion people on this Earth with infinite opinions. One of your opinion is bound to align with someone you would disagree with. Think for yourself and believe in yourself. Stop worrying about what everyone else is saying. If its really youre thought and belief, it wont matter who else thinks it.

“The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”

There are 7 billion people on this Earth with infinite opinions. One of your opinion is bound to align with someone you would disagree with. Think for yourself and believe in yourself. Stop worrying about what everyone else is saying. If its really youre thought and belief, it wont matter who else thinks it.

that’s why I said reevaluate…

stupid people siding with you doesn’t necessarily make you wrong.. But it should give cause to reconsider.. like any new information should

but this simple conversation with bill burr and rogan speaks volumes

This was Dave at his most “offensive” . Never heard a Dave crowd groan and laugh so much. It was amazing how he did it without sounding angry as well.

I have a theory;
and maybe in 50 years ill be wrong about this and ill look like a dinosaur but here goes;

Gay rights groups have been on an unprecedented, winning streak for a minority rights movement.

their biggest battle,;the fight for marriage equality
has been such total and compete victory, their opponents have basically run for the hills

Christian conservative politicians have gone from trying to get a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage to basically pretending the issue doesn't exist.

that brings us to today.

With nothing left to fight for in the realm of gay rights, rather than closing up shop,

they've simply decided to transition this massive powerful infrastructure of non profit activist organizations to transgender rights.

hoping to leverage the same strategies; elite cultural influence and public shaming to enforce a new ideology.

but I think they are running into a problem,; the modern progressive ideology on gender identity
doesn't make total sense, and is at times out of step with American individualistic,
liberal democratic cultural norms

The case for gay marriage has none of these conflicts;
it doesn't really impact you if two consenting same sex adults want to get married.

the arguments against it were strained and often involved bizarre bank shot theories of cultural decline cause by the weakening of marriage as an institution some wacky bull ****.

Modern gender politics it's much easier to make the case that it does impact other people.

- They want people to change language in deep and often times contradictory ways,

- And not only do you have to change your language, you need to actively police the language of others lest you be accused of insufficient allyship.

- if you speak a gendered language like French or Spanish
You need to adopt unpronounceable, degendered terms like "Latinx"

- if a white person like say demi Lovato, cuts their hair shot and says they go by they them pronouns
You need to instantly confer upon them a super minority status that makes them untouchable as a subject for comedy,
or you'll have your entire lively hood taken from you.

This is a MUCH tougher lift and I don't think it's going to work ,
I think most people are like Dave, they are willing to accommodate trans people

and call them by their chose pronouns.
want them to receive the appropriate healthcare.
and want them to use the bathroom of that aligns with their gender identity.

but are not willing to accept that any joke made at their expense is equivalent to a violent attack on their personhood.

im not making a value judgment or taking a side on this issue but
that's my read on the situation.

This is why Dave's inversion of the "punching down" concept is so effective.

The idea that Da Baby for example should suffer such extreme economic consequences for one offensive comment.
seems pretty excessive.

we have to pretend like LGBTQ groups are powerless minorities,
while everyone from regular *** people to rich and famous celebrities all live in fear of crossing them in any way.

Man he’s already gotten paid and he said this is his last special for a while. There’s nothing they can really do to him other than attack him when they see him in public, which aint gonna do nothing but set them back.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh i don’t see the problem

we don’t have to go back that far back to see the S and F words being used on primetime TV

the more information that becomes available, I’d hope people’s views would evolve

you can call someone soft without having to degrade other groups of people

im not surprised to see white dudes cry about these kinds of things because it’s history.. it is however disappointing when other groups who have suffered lack empathy

im black and my girl is Chinese, I didn’t fully fully FULLY appreciate the shh society still let’s slide with regard to Asian people until I had people directly in my life I cared about.. I didn’t think about the dumb shh I did as a child because I didn’t/wouldn’t consider if I were in that position

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh i don’t see the problem
we don’t have to go back that far back to see the S and F words being used on primetime TV

When did I say we should do that?

I think there a very obvious difference between using a "slur" to demine a group of people.
and making a joke about the inherit tension in saying someone is trans and is also the exact same as a biological woman.
if they are trans by definition they had to transition from something no? so there is an obvious tension there.

Dave Chappelle's comedy has always been filled with crude language,
about basically every every racial group, about women ect.

I think it's really weird that Dave can call women *****es, black people ******s all day and all night,
and it was all good untill he made fun of trans people. why do they get this special status.

if it's not okay for them than none of daves comedy should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom