Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
And Dave has specifically said he left due to his perception of who was receiving the jokes during the filming of s3. It wasn't the appreciation of his self awareness delievered in a humourous way anymore but certain ppl simply laughing@ race based, sex based etc. jokes which he felt was disgusting. Similar thing occurring now with who is championing Dave's jokes.

Thats why he felt he lost himself and went to Africa. Not cuz of pressure and the new deal.

Exactly.. dude openly spoke of it.. and you can see it within the limited material from that season

Had that boondocks season 4 feel to it

Which is why certain jokes in this, to me, just felt unnecessary.. and we know Dave is better and more talented than that

You can’t be smart enough to have a nuanced discussion on racial topics and views.. and then throw that out when convenient

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that channel is right-wing incel crybaby nonsense

Mortal Kombat Movie Joins Woke Brigade - Race Swaps Raiden and Mileena
Brie Larson Already On Thin Ice With SJWs
SJWs Invent New Oppression After Jeremy Renner Makes Innocent Joke
MCU Writer Admits Feminist/Left Wing Agenda For Black Widow
SJWs Want White Male Superheroes To END

"like double toasted" :lol:

That's what I'm saying. The moment you look at any of the other videos by these guys Ninja is posting, you'll see that their agenda is clear. No way these of the first videos you stumbled upon on YouTube. Ninja is about that alt-right, anti-SJW life

first videos you stumbled upon on YouTube. Ninja is about that alt-right, anti-SJW life

being anti SJW doesn't mean you alt right, i.e. David Chapelle's social commentary when on outrage mobs/cancel culture...

you seem to not understand how search engine engines work? :lol: everyone who's covering da obvious sandbagging of da rotten tomatoes score of this special is on da 1st page of results on YouTube.

being anti SJW doesn't mean you alt right, i.e. David Chapelle's social commentary when on outrage mobs/cancel culture...

you seem to not understand how search engine engines work? :lol: everyone who's covering da obvious sandbagging of da rotten tomatoes score of this special is on da 1st page of results on YouTube.
I'm pretty sure Youtube algorithms tailor suggestions and search results to your watch history and trends.

I'm just saying.:lol:

So...am I reading this correctly....some of you didn't like his stand up...because of some of the jokes he told?

Thought it was hilarious, for the most part

Which is why I don’t get certain parts which took away from the majority of the work, unnecessarily, in my view

Especially when we have a built up history with the entertainer where we’ve seen him handle certain topics better

And as a fan, it is disappointing that he’s conveniently now being used as a champion by certain people who we know don’t give a shhh about him because the are clearly disregarding other things he has said or done.. like with Kanye

I'm not a huge fan because it felt like just a response to people who got outraged.

It was like he was talking to a bunch of people I couldn't relate to. Not really in my wheelhouse. I go to Chappelle for perspective that I can relate to and perspective that challenges my ideals.

As far as comedy is concerned, I didn't laugh as much as his last two specials, and that's not because I was sensitive about any of the topics.

The kneejerk response to imply that people's opinion is skewed because of how sensitive they are is wack. There's clearly a discussion t have and people on both sides who honestly believed it was funny, or that it wasn't. Two different people can see the exact same thing and perceive it completely differently. That doesn't invalidate their opinion.

That's what people usually do to disparage a person and tear down their argument without any actual substance.

I will say one thing I've never seen a comedy special criticized and critiqued so much :lol:

Didnt know dudes did that in a way that makes it seem like the regular thing. I get it though given Dave's content.

I thought this special was very very funny. Best special on netflix to date and basically since For What Its Worth

Hopefully one day you'll be able to express your thoughts better.

Literal thinkers are people who take into consideration what the words they speak and hear mean in concrete terms. They tend to be straightforward thinkers who see most tasks as a list of steps, apply the most literal meaning to words, and have trouble seeing the big picture because they will focus on the details of each word.

Hopefully one day you'll stop being so literal.

Last edited:
I will say one thing I've never seen a comedy special criticized and critiqued so much :lol:

Didnt know dudes did that in a way that makes it seem like the regular thing. I get it though given Dave's content.

I thought this special was very very funny. Best special on netflix to date and basically since For What Its Worth
I mean, this is highly anticipated. The first mention I saw of it at 8am was from like 3am of someone saying it's the best stand up ever, or something ridiculous. This is a very polarizing special, and it's Dave Chappelle. I would voice these opinions about any of my favorite comedians. I don't necessarily think it's the content, but people getting super entrenched in how they feel and can't see beyond that. The **** just wasn't funny to some people...and that's okay...right?:lol:

Literal thinkers are people who take into consideration what the words they speak and hear mean in concrete terms. They tend to be straightforward thinkers who see most tasks as a list of steps, apply the most literal meaning to words, and have trouble seeing the big picture because they will focus on the details of each word.

Hopefully one day you'll stop being so literal.
This was a huge assumption.

Hopefully one day you stop assuming.
The **** just wasn't funny to some people...and that's okay...right?:lol:
If only it could be kept to just that.

The last 4 specials he did were okay to good to me. The **** I didn't find funny I don't remember now and didnt bother to bring up in this thread. For a few of them he did much better storytelling.

I leave it at that. Lots of dudes in here trying to do deep dives and are pretending Dave is going political and taking sides.

That's what I'm saying. The moment you look at any of the other videos by these guys Ninja is posting, you'll see that their agenda is clear. No way these of the first videos you stumbled upon on YouTube. Ninja is about that alt-right, anti-SJW life

Yeah he's done that in other threads, swearing they were objective resources. Sad thing is I'm not sure ninja notices this conditioning trap he's fallen into.

Dave Chappelle's new comedy special loved by public, hated by critics
  • BY GRAEME GORDON
    ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: SEP 4, 2019
dave_chappelle_sticks__stones_2019_-_rotten_tomatoes_-_2019-09-04_13.58.28.png

(Screengrab)

There’s no clearer divide from prim elitists and everyday people than the reviews of world-renowned comedian Dave Chappelle’s new Netflix special Sticks and Stones.

The stark disconnect between censorious cultural critics and the wider populace was revealed by the reviews posted on popular review website Rotten Tomatoes.

The “Tomatometer” — a score that’s a percentage of the professional critics that liked a work — showed only one third of top critics (nine in total) gave a positive review for Chappelle’s wildly popular Sticks and Stones.

In strong contrast, the “Audience Score” on Rotten Tomatoes shows as of this writing 9,370 individuals’ reviews found 99% liked Chappelle’s special.

“Top Critic” Inkoo Kang derided Chappelle’s politically incorrect set.

“Like dropping in on a rascally uncle who doesn’t know, or doesn’t care, how much he’s disappointing you,” wrote Inkoo in her review for far-left U.S. publication Slate.

“The set mostly misses the mark. And what is that mark? The truth,” U.S. conservative magazine National Review‘s Kyle Smith opined.

“Lacking empathy can certainly be amusing, but Sticks and Stones is a tired routine by a man who forgot to layer jokes into his act, too often sounding like a pundit on Fox News,” said verified critic Ian Thomas Malone.

In a deluge of positive reviews averaging 4.92 stars out of five from the general public, people on Rotten Tomatoes praised Chappelle as a comic “genius” and his set as “perfection” and “absolutely hysterical.”

Chapelle’s Sticks and Stones includes many taboo topics and celebrity scandals, including: defending his disgraced fellow comedian Louis C.K.; joking about Michael Jackson’s accusers of child molestation; making fun of the LGBTQ+ community (the “alphabet people”); and ridiculing infamous celebs Jussie Smollett and R. Kelly.

sddefault.jpg

Chappelle also goes after his live audience for “cancel culture,” where the perpetually offended masses go after anything and everything celebrities and others have said or done online, pillorying them on social media and calling for them to be fired and their works boycotted.

In a hidden “epilogue” that plays after the credits roll for Sticks and Stones, Chappelle defends mocking minority groups like the trans community because it helps to “normalize” them.

Other left-wing publications panned Chappelle’s third installment of a trilogy of stand-up sets Netflix reportedly paid him a whopping US$60 million to create. Vice told its readers “You Can Definitely Skip Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special”.

Everyday Sticks and Stones viewers heaped praise for the set on Movie/TV review website IMDb, giving it an average score of 8.5 out of 10.

Professional critics on IMDb were also more humoured by Chappelle’s latest jokes.

sddefault.jpg

Read the feature rich experience

https://calgaryherald.com/entertain.../wcm/99be1ede-237b-4522-9018-ff66e2311b42/amp

Last edited:
This was a huge assumption.

Hopefully one day you stop assuming.
Hopefully one day you'll learn to understand that there are both literal and figurative thinkers. Just because people do not explain things in the fashion that suits you, does not give you the right to try and insult their intelligence.

Hopefully one day you'll learn to understand that there are both literal and figurative thinkers. Just because people do not explain things in the fashion that suits you, does not give you the right to try and insult their intelligence.
Still assuming.

Hopefully like I said that'll change.

Vice told its readers “You Can Definitely Skip Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special”

Vice started out great, but has since turned into the exact opposite of their mission statement.

Vice told its readers “You Can Definitely Skip Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special”

Vice started out great, but has since turned into the exact opposite of their mission statement.

hence why they're looking to be bought...no suitors...

Back
Top Bottom