Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Chappelle is my favorite foreign comedian. There were some aspects I wasn't really feeling (some parts of the molestation topic) but you're never gonna like 100% of a standup show. Overall it was still a great special and good to see him back in action.
Comedians shouldn't feel constrained by what they shouldn't say according to some people, within reason of course. Obviously some white dude shouldn't be able to hide behind "but it was comedy" to go on some blatantly racist tirade etc.

This one was a lot better than the other two.

Comedy isn't supposed to be safe. I laughed at some stuff that could be considered problematic, and I could see some people being offended.

i don't know if yall watched the aziz special (i thought it was one of his best)
but them 2 have been touring together and you can tell dave's style has influenced aziz.
but even more telling it feels like they both purposely touched on the same exact topics in their own way

Aziz almost got cancelled over that goofy ***. These Mobile Mobsters can't cancel Dave.

This one was a lot better than the other two.

Comedy isn't supposed to be safe. I laughed at some stuff that could be considered problematic, and I could see some people being offended.
The problem is that comedians don't speak in a vacuum, and too many of them seem to lack the self awareness necessary to realize that not everything that is funny ought to be said out loud. Chappelle himself realized it when he turned down the Comedy Central contract. Is Chris Rock still doing his "black people vs n..." bit?

The social context today is different than 20-30 years ago. There are people in power who have been very explicit about denying folks their rights. "I don't care about politics" is not much of an excuse to say certain things for a paycheck these days. The backlash will come from those people who have been and are being victimized.

The problem is that comedians don't speak in a vacuum, and too many of them seem to lack the self awareness necessary to realize that not everything that is funny ought to be said out loud. Chappelle himself realized it when he turned down the Comedy Central contract. Is Chris Rock still doing his "black people vs n..." bit?

The social context today is different than 20-30 years ago. There are people in power who have been very explicit about denying folks their rights. "I don't care about politics" is not much of an excuse to say certain things for a paycheck these days. The backlash will come from those people who have been and are being victimized.

Comedy has always been subjective, just as much as it has always been and always will be an art form. The thing about comedy is that it has always been about saying things that shouldn't be said out loud. Comedy has managed to thrive and survive each and every societal shift, and today's climate won't be any different. Regardless of how much pain people suffer, we ALL need to laugh every now and then. Will we laugh at everything? No. Each and every successful comedian has offended somebody sitting in front of them at every show. That's inevitable. Many comedians have been victimized at some point in their lives as well. They also have a gift that they choose to share with their audience. It's pretty shortsighted for those who don't share that gift to dictate how others should use theirs.

i don't know if yall watched the aziz special (i thought it was one of his best)
but them 2 have been touring together and you can tell dave's style has influenced aziz.
but even more telling it feels like they both purposely touched on the same exact topics in their own way

Aziz is corny as hell man. I didn't laugh one time at dude. His delivery just doesn't do it for me

I rock wit Aziz and do think his delivery need work, crazy fam had to get MeToo'd to get off the 'men are trash' content

Caught Sticks & Stones last night. I was legit hysterically laughing. Way better than his last previous two.

Pancake batter line :sick::rofl:

If all of the worst white people love what Chappelle stated, it is because they are too stupid and literal to realize that they were being made fun of.

I love that thought, I love that fact.

Two thousand zero zero party over OOP'S! Out of time...:lol:

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY...I am certain that I've said this here in Niketalk, much to the chagrin of the kumbaya crowd....

That said, there are also many who consider this to be one of his best performances. And among that group are trolls, professional bigots, white supremacists, Nazi sympathizers and more of the very worst white people; an adoration due to the parallels between their sensibilities and his

reverse virtue signaling in da root article... basically tell you if enjoyed this special, you're essentially public slime :lol:

Back
Top Bottom