Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Told y'all bout Osh, his ol "erm excuse me" *** don't really care.

theoffice-dontgiveanf.gif

Osh cares, even when mid level engineer at Netflix stops caring.
and moves on to the next trendy social justice cause.
Osh cares.

I know it's easy to want to dismiss osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh but with them being the home to SO much content it will be tough to please everyone to the point where someone won't feel offended by someTHING.

I am sure they aren't Unionized so to put it bluntly, they are right.

That doesn't mean you still shouldn't voice your displeasure. But at a certain point, you are going to have to determine if you are compromising your integrity by working for them,

THat is NOT me saying NEtflix should blatantly produce content that they know will offend folks.
THat is NOT me saying NEtflix should blatantly produce content that they know will offend folks.

Last edited:
I know it's easy to want to dismiss osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh but with them being the home to SO much content it will be tough to please everyone to the point where someone won't feel offended by someTHING.

I am sure they aren't Unionized so to put it bluntly, they are right.

That doesn't mean you still shouldn't voice your displeasure. But at a certain point, you are going to have to determine if you are compromising your integrity by working for them,

This post is dumb

People are not making comments about Osh's recent post in a vacuum

Osh in multiple posts, in numerous threads, for going on a year harps on the effect "cultural elites" within these corporations affecting the content they put out. People have pointed out it is not that simple. This revelation at Netflix actually contradictions other points he has made, yet he posts it as some sort of "I told you so"

People are pointing that out

Last edited:
This post is dumb

People are not making a comment about Osh's recent post in a vacuum

Osh in multiple posts, in numerous threads, for going on a year harps on the effect "cultural elites" within these corporations affecting the content they put out. People have pointed out it is not that simple. This revelation at Netflix actually contradictions other points he has made, yet he posts it as some sort of "I told you so"

It doesn't contradict anything I said.

- cultural elites have power disproportionate to their numbers
- corporations often are willing to capitulate as long as it doesn't seriously impact their bottom line.

let's look at what happened.

a tiny group of employees created an incredible amount of drama in service of fringe political views.
(cultural elites have power disproportionate to their numbers )

netflix was willing to indulge them UNTIL they started making demands that would severely impinge on their ability to produce compelling content.
(corporations often are willing to capitulate as long as it doesn't seriously impact their bottom line. )

every that has happened is exactly in keeping with what I've been arguing for years.
and I would go on an even longer I told you so victory lap but we have game 7's on. :lol:

It doesn't contradict anything I said.

- cultural elites have power disproportionate to their numbers
- corporations often are willing to capitulate as long as it doesn't seriously impact their bottom line.

let's look at what happened.

a tiny group of employees created an incredible amount of drama in service of fringe political views.
(cultural elites have power disproportionate to their numbers )

netflix was willing to indulge them UNTIL they started making demands that would severely impinge on their ability to produce compelling content.
(corporations often are willing to capitulate as long as it doesn't seriously impact their bottom line. )

every that has happened is exactly in keeping with what I've been arguing for years.
and I would go on an even longer I told you so victory lap but we have game 7's on. :lol:
Ok, sure dude. This is ******** but go ahead and believe it :lol:

You live for victory laps, quiet when you are shown wrong, then recalibrate when someone calls you on it. This is the pattern

Enjoy the basketball, got zero interest in discussing this at length again with you anyway

What nerve would that even strike?
You know what's goofy

A group of people have co opted the struggle for justice
and transformed it into a vacuous, contradictory and increasingly absurd status game.
it's intellectually and morally bankrupt and deserves nothing but contempt.

and the person who you think "doesn't care" in this situation is me?
the person pointing out the obvious?

You know what's goofy

A group of people have co opted the struggle for justice
and transformed it into a vacuous, contradictory and increasingly absurd status game.
it's intellectually and morally bankrupt and deserves nothing but contempt.

and the person who you think "doesn't care" in this situation is me?
the person pointing out the obvious?
Dude, you are mad flippant to people actually caring about justice when you want to. Beyond these small group of cultural elites you complain about

Don't act like you are not. You might not do it all the time, but when you feel like being condescending and dismissive just because someone disagrees with you, you are.

Dude, you are mad flippant to people actually caring about justice when you want to. Beyond these small group of cultural elites you complain about

Don't act like you are not. You might not do it all the time, but when you feel like being condescending and dismissive just because someone disagrees with you, you are.

If people are going to be jerks, I'm not gahndi
I'm likely going to respond in kind

I've said a million times reasonable minds can differ

But if people are going to call me goofy or say I don't care about this or that

it's likely I will be hyper dismissive in response.

If people are going to be jerks, I'm not gahndi
I'm going to respond in kind

I've said a million times reasonable minds can differ

But if people are going to call me goofy or say I don't care about this or that

it's likely I will be hyper dismissive in response.
Dude, you are often the instigator of things getting adversarial

You often are condescending and flippant and people return that energy too.

The thing is, on NT like any message board, dudes form opinions about things that happen over a period of time. Feelings doing reset for a new thread.

You are not some victim on NT

Hell for years your schtick NT was being an abrasive internet *******. You aren't like anymore but you throw jabs are people still.

So yeah, I think sometimes people come at you wrong unnecessarily. But it is pretty clear to me why some folk engage with you as they do.

It is not some mystery and how you chose to engage with people has a lot to do with it

Putting aside the political thread and cultural events threads, I see this play out in the NBA threads too. :lol:

Last edited:
Dude, you are often the instigator of things getting adversarial

You often are condescending and flippant and people return that energy.

The thing is, on NT like any message board, dudes form opinions about things that happen over a period of time. Feelings doing reset for a new thread.

You are not some victim on NT

Hell for years your schtick NT was being an abrasive internet *******. You aren't like anymore but you throw jabs are people still.

So yeah, I think sometimes people come at you wrong unnecessarily. But it is pretty clear to me why some folk engage with you as they do. It is not some mystery and how you chose to engage with people have a lot to do with it

I didn't claim to be a victim,
I just said responded i responded in kind.

Ive been on this forum a long *** time
Everyone is the hero of their own story,
So it's pretty hard for me to view it the way you are describing.

If someone has a specific issue with something I've said I'm more than willing to say my bad.

But obviously It comes on the form of insults it's more than likely I'll respond in kind.

I didn't claim to be a victim,
I just said responded i responded in kind.

Ive been on this forum a long *** time
Everyone is the hero of their own story,
So it's pretty hard for me to view it the way you are describing.

If someone has a specific issue with something I've said I'm more than willing to say my bad.

But obviously It comes on the form of insults it's more than likely I'll respond in kind.
You act like you are a victim of some unfair treatment a lot though.

Multiple dudes, in different kinds of threads, make comments about your antics, saying you don't care, and call you a "contrarian"

You clearly have/take issue with this

Dudes should not insult you and you have every right to respond, but it is not strictly those things you have an issue with or are examples of discourse toward you that you have an issue with

You clearly have an issue with the other stuff too, but you dish it as much as you receive.

Last edited:
ask yourself;
does the person I'm describing sound "reasonable" to you?
Ask yourself,
Are you asking someone to make an honest assessment of what is going on in their view, or just accept your uncharitable interruption of "insert progressive/cultural elite/twitter poster" views that you present

You act like you are a victim of some unfair treatment a lot though.

Multiple dudes, in different kinds of threads, make comments about your antics, saying you don't care, and call you a "contrarian"

You clearly take issue with this too

Dudes should not insult you and you have every right to respond, but it is not strictly those things you have an issue with or are examples of discourse toward you that you have an issue with

You clearly have an issue with the other stuff too, but you dish it as much as you receive. And are often a person that instigates things

i wasn't making an appeal to fairness
i was defending my response to homeboy in this moment.

but i do think that some peoples frustration with me has way less to do
with some principled opposition to my bedside manner

and more to do with the fact that they just disagree with whatever point that im making.
i think if i acted the same way but I was highly agreeable people would be fine with it.

Ask yourself,
Are you asking someone to make an honest assessment of what is going on in their view, or just accept your uncharitable interruption of "insert progressive/cultural elite/twitter poster" views that you present

reasonable minds can differ about my interpretation.

he was trying to make it seem like I was contradicting myself.
the person I was describing agree or disagree with my interpretation is not the "reasonable mind" I was referring to.

i wasn't making an appeal to fairness
i was defending my response to homeboy in this moment.

but i do think that some peoples frustration with me has way less to do
with some principled opposition to my bedside manner

and more to do with the fact that they just disagree with whatever point that im making.
i think if i acted the same way but I was highly agreeable people would be fine with it.
Ok sure, people don't like to read opinions that differ from theirs

But I think you calling dudes absurd, dense, and being flippant and other **** increases the probability you gonna have an overly negative reaction the next time

Like I said, this is a forum, people have memories, it is weird you don't notice that there is a compounding effect going on

Like I said, this is a forum, people have memories, it is weird you don't notice that there is a compounding effect going on

fine, fair point,
im not really sure what I should do about this going forward.

im trying to be less needlessly combative online but its hard not to get sucked back in.

fine, fair point,
im not really sure what I should do about this going forward.

im trying to be less needlessly combative online but its hard not to get sucked back in.
Dude, I am not telling you to do anything

You are not breaking the rules, I am not trying to police your behavior. I'm calling it out, but you don't have to change for anyone.

I am just saying, you act move like that and then act mystified as to why dudes come at you like they do.

Dude, I am not telling you to do anything

You are not breaking the rules, I am not trying to police your behavior. I'm calling it out, but you don't have to change for anyone.

I am just saying, you act move like that and then act mystified as to why dudes come at you like they do.

that's fine, ultimately im going to match the energy I receive.

I think you are right people may have bad feelings that have compounded from different threads.
that's fine also.

Back
Top Bottom