Dark Girls: Documentary On deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color (Dark Girls: 10 PM: OWN

Dark Girls: Preview from Bradinn French on Vimeo.

Clips from the upcoming documentary exploring the deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color---particularly dark skinned women, outside of and within the Black American culture.

This film will be released in Fall/Winter 2011. Please "Like" the Dark Girls page on Facebook, we will keep you updated with news there.

Directed by Bill Duke and D. Channsin Berry
Produced by Bill Duke for Duke Media
and D. Channsin Berry for Urban Winter Entertainment
Co-Produced by Bradinn French
Line Produced by Cheryl L. Bedford

Last edited:
Dark Girls: Preview from Bradinn French on Vimeo.

Clips from the upcoming documentary exploring the deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color---particularly dark skinned women, outside of and within the Black American culture.

This film will be released in Fall/Winter 2011. Please "Like" the Dark Girls page on Facebook, we will keep you updated with news there.

Directed by Bill Duke and D. Channsin Berry
Produced by Bill Duke for Duke Media
and D. Channsin Berry for Urban Winter Entertainment
Co-Produced by Bradinn French
Line Produced by Cheryl L. Bedford

wow

i guess i'm fortunate enough to never have caught any heat for being dark skin

it always breaks my heart to see girls who were/are picked on for being dark skin or not having good hair...

wow

it always breaks my heart to see girls who were/are picked on for being dark skin or not having good hair...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

wow

wow

Ehh... I feel sorry for the girls that got caught flack from adults/parents etc.

As far as getting picked on in school, man that's going to happen anyway, especially cause of lot of those women weren't attractive (irrespective of their skin tone).

I have a hard time feeling bad for someone crying about getting picked on in school. Yes it can be traumatic, but a lot of us go through it and you have to grow up and realize that you can't have some gripe about something a 4th grader said to you.

Oh you got clowned for being dark? It happened, deal with it. Unless you had grown ups calling you names, you gotta let that go.

Ehh... I feel sorry for the girls that got caught flack from adults/parents etc.

As far as getting picked on in school, man that's going to happen anyway, especially cause of lot of those women weren't attractive (irrespective of their skin tone).

I have a hard time feeling bad for someone crying about getting picked on in school. Yes it can be traumatic, but a lot of us go through it and you have to grow up and realize that you can't have some gripe about something a 4th grader said to you.

Oh you got clowned for being dark? It happened, deal with it. Unless you had grown ups calling you names, you gotta let that go.

why do people always give a pass to the bully & tell the person being picked on to get over it?

of course what a 4th grader said could possible effect you when you're in the 4th grade too

why do people always give a pass to the bully & tell the person being picked on to get over it?

of course what a 4th grader said could possible effect you when you're in the 4th grade too

wow

not having good hair or do you mean healthy hair? 
i consider myself dark skin even though ppl tell me im not. When I was younger i always cried about being light skinned only because im hispanic and my mom and sis are light skinned but i came out darker since my dad  is really dark.  Im kinda over it now but i still have times when i do wish i was lighter... i think its more because no one ever believes me when i say i'm hispanic because im darker and i have "black hair"
frown.gif

wow

i consider myself dark skin even though ppl tell me im not. When I was younger i always cried about being light skinned only because im hispanic and my mom and sis are light skinned but i came out darker since my dad  is really dark.  Im kinda over it now but i still have times when i do wish i was lighter... i think its more because no one ever believes me when i say i'm hispanic because im darker and i have "black hair"
frown.gif

Originally Posted by babycakes

wow

frown.gif

i mean good hair as in long straight etc.

i personally dont consider that to be good hair but thats what i meant by girls getting picked on for not having it

Back
Top Bottom